Worst show that you continue to watch

Jack Bauer 24

Dexter and Sons of Anarchy are two shows I watched until the bitter end.

Agreed, especially on Dexter. That show went from brilliant to being a hilarious shell of itself. 'Bitter end', indeed.

Doakes died wayyyy too early in my opinion. The show runners could have had him chasing Dexter in the final season, leading to an epic finale. Sadly, that never happened.

Agreed, especially on Dexter. That show went from brilliant to being a hilarious shell of itself. 'Bitter end', indeed.

Yes, the final series was particularly painful, and the final episode was nothing short of a crime. I think Dexter is a prime example of how low a show can fall if it is not ended soon enough.

I watched Prison Break to the end. The first two seasons were awesome, the third okay. I don't quite know what the hell was going on in Season 4, but I watched it all the same.

Lol that's my exact thoughts. They really dragged that series until the end, but i enjoyed it.

Homeland is a rusty coat hanger, back alley abortion

I also stuck with Sons of Anarchy... which was made tolerable by my friends and I live texting one another joking about how freaking silly it was.... and Dexter, which fell far and fast after Lithgow....and because I love my wife, I endured the compound fracture-esque pain that is Falling Skies, which I have little doubt will rank among the biggest regrets of my life when retro-reflecting on my death bed.

Sophia the First

Because my daughter loves it. I can't stand it, but I'm forced to watch it with her.

As far as bad shows that I watch on purpose? I honestly don't get enough time to watch the good ones.

I don't stick with what I consider 'bad' shows for too long before dropping them.

For example I gave up on Downton Abbey two seasons ago.

But to my shame I have to admit that I still watch Storage Wars.

I watched a lot of supernatural - it was pretty rough. I was also made to watch Buffy, and aside from one episode I really couldn't stand it either.

I continued to watch the legend of korra even though I was continually disappointed in the show. Same with the majority of Dexter. (Season 1 and 4 being the exceptions).

Modern Family - I found the dialogue so witty and fast paced initially. Now I find it mostly cringe-worthy and over the top silly, plus all the characters are exactly the same as they were in season 1 - no growth at all, which separates it from its main rival TBBT where there is intriguing character developments as it progresses. I keep watching basically because I have for 6.5 seasons and I don't think it will continue much past the next 2-3 years when the Dunfy kids & Manny should be out of home, so I may as well see it out.

Ray Donovan - Season 1 of this show was somewhat uneven and a little ridiculous at points, but I loved Liev as Ray, was drawn to the Hollywood fixer and Irish American elements, and overall it was pretty solidly entertaining - I mean the scene with Jon Voight watching the Twerk video in the library alone was worth the entire season. Season 2 was pretty bad though, the only good episode was the one directed by Schreiber, and the rest of it was completely forgettable. I'll give Season 3 a shot, but if it continues in that vein I'll probably stop watching it.

Da Vincis Demons - To be fair, this show actually kind of got better in its second season - they cut down on the cheesy Sherlock Holmes Da Vinci stuff and gave Riario an actual interesting character development - but it's still over the top and campy as all hell, but tbh that's kind of why I like it - its the closest thing to Spartacus on TV right now. It doesn't hurt that Laura Haddock gets naked on it every so often too.

Game of Thrones - Lol. I mean it does have its good moments occasionally, but every season has more and more cringeworthy moments. But then every season I say "if it gets any worse I'm not watching it anymore", it gets worse, and I keep watching anyway.

No offense to anyone, but we should really have some 'rule' regarding the GoT hate :D

Like, if you joined the site post April 17 2011, that means that you probably discovered the books AND this amazing community thanks to the show. So you gotta have some respect at least. I agree that the mainstream opinion on GoT is a bit over the top, especially when you consider the quality of the book series, but come on. Like someone above mentioned, the production value alone is enough to keep it far from any "worst show" list...

I know this is a whole other topic, but had to point it out...

Also, 3 pages in and I'm still the only one mentioning Agents of SHIELD? Does that mean everyone stopped watching it or it no longer fits the 'worst shows' description? :P

Probably the former :(

Archived