Northern Conspiracy Jon's Wife?

Shadow Cat 75

I have been reading a few things about the theory about the Northern Conspiracy to put either Jon or Rickon on the Throne of Winter in Winterfell. Now I will not go over what other people have done but one thing that was bugging me was in most of posts I saw had Jon either as King in the North or as a regent for Rickon in that plan Jon would be married to Val to bring the Wildlings to the North together. However this whole plan if true had to be started almost right after the Red Wedding and while I agree that having Jon marry Val is the case now there had to be another match planned in the early part of the plan before the Wildlings came south of the wall in such numbers to make them a force.

The question is who? Who would Jon marry in the early planning stages of the Northern Conspiracy? I honestly have no good idea so I was wondering if anyone else has ideas?

Given the Wildlings are part of the North now, despite whatever happens with Stannis, the Northern Kingdom, or whoever sits the Iron Throne, marrying the liege lord of the Starks to a wildling is a savvy political move. For better or worse they're going to have to coexist now.

The one theory I believe the most as the current Northern plan had Jon married to Val as Regent to Rickon who is the son of Nedd and who Robb thought was dead when he named Jon his heir. As Regent he would hold a lot of power and even after words he would still be powerful. Rickon who would be married to Wylla Manderly and would be become King of Winter once he comes of age. The Wildlings would be given the gift and free to do as they like inside it with Jon and other Wildlings leaders as their lords.

Why not Alys Karstark?

She is one of the few who would really make sense.

I mean, she was already fleeing an arranged marriage. If not wildly in love with Jon, is probably at least mildly attracted to and fond of him (the dance at Winterfell etc.) and probably thinks he could protect her and help get her lands back.

I mean, assuming Jon is freed of his vow of celibacy, Alys might be a neat match!

I want Val to be Jon's wife

I want him to be with her as well and I think it is around a 90% chance of that happening however I was wondering what the first plan was before the Wildlings became a force south of the wall.

Why not Alys Karstark?

Maybe she would have been in the first plan however she is married to the leader of the Thenn's now.

Why not Alys Karstark?

She is one of the few who would really make sense.

I mean, she was already fleeing an arranged marriage. If not wildly in love with Jon, is probably at least mildly attracted to and fond of him (the dance at Winterfell etc.) and probably thinks he could protect her and help get her lands back.

I mean, assuming Jon is freed of his vow of celibacy, Alys might be a neat match!

Even if he's freed of his vows, Alys is already married.

Though it would be nice if Val married Jon, Mance is still alive, Alys is married. I like the idea of Wylla, but I think Manderly wants her to marry Rickon. Which if Davos finds him, he will support Stannis. Which Stannis won't allow there to be another King. So I think Manderly just want's justice for all the victims of RW.

Omg Val is, like, so hot and like something and should marry Jon because reasons. Oh wait she's barely a character.

If the northern lords are really so stupid as to maintain this northern independence notion, their best bet is to marry someone in the south so as to maintain allies there, which will help prevent a future invasion.

He would marry no one in the planing stages as the main goal would be to crown him. Fighting over his marrage partner would be seen as a distraction.

If a version of TGNC happens however, his likely/supported by the North candidates would be: A Manderly, Shireen, or one of his now cousins(I don't like it but cousin marriage is popular with nobles).

Omg Val is, like, so hot and like something and should marry Jon because reasons. Oh wait she's barely a character.

If the northern lords are really so stupid as to maintain this northern independence notion, their best bet is to marry someone in the south so as to maintain allies there, which will help prevent a future invasion.

Exactly. I keep re-reading ADwD to see where I'm missing the boat where Val is concerned.

My bet is that Jon doesn't marry before the end of the series, but if and when he does, I think there's a good chance it'll be a POV character.

Truth. Never understood everyones obssession with Val. She's alright but some people worship her as a goddess on this forum. She is cooler - in my opinion - than "You Know Nothing" Ygritte.

Exactly. I keep re-reading ADwD to see where I'm missing the boat where Val is concerned.

My bet is that Jon doesn't marry before the end of the series, but if and when he does, I think there's a good chance it'll be a POV character.

If we apply your theory his options are: Arianne (kinky), Daenerys (yuck, incest), Sansa or Arya (they may be cousins but they were raised as siblings so yuck), Melisandre (oh boy), Asha (alright alright alright), Cersei (no),

I just don't see the point in marrying a northerner. The whole point of the GNC and similar theories that they want a son of ned as KITN. Therefore what's the advantage to marrying a northerner? Jon already has their loyalty as a son of ned - he does't need to strengthen those ties. Much better to marry a southerner - almost anyone, but preferably someone from a large or influential house.

Maybe a Hightower or something, assuming Arianne, asha, or Margarey are unavailable. Doesn't Marg have some cousins? They may be vapid, but they may keep the peace between north and south.

Archived