Season 4 Complete Set Reminder

Westeros

HBO UK has sent out a reminder that February 16th (17th in the US) will see the release of Game of Thrones Season 4 on Bluray (Pre-order: US Bluray, US DVD, UK Bluray, UK DVD).

Once again, here’s the full release concerning the contents, and the differences between the DVD and Bluray editions:

GoT-S4.jpg

The global cultural phenomenon Game of Thrones returns for its fourth season on Blu-ray and DVD from HBO Home Entertainment on 16th February 2015 and is loaded with exclusive bonus content, including extensive guides and illustrated histories.

This hit HBO series has broken ratings records and topped The Sopranosâ to become the most popular show in the networkâs history. Season four continues this winning streak with 19 Emmy® Awards nominations including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage) and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Lena Headey).

Each year, Game of Thrones continues to be one of the best-selling TV programmes available on Blu-ray and DVD, and Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season is packed with even more exclusive bonus content including roundtable discussions, on-set interviews, audio commentaries, and brand new animated histories giving fans hours of extensive, never-before-seen material.

In Season 4, while the Lannistersâ hold on the Iron Throne remains intact, new and ongoing threats from the south, north and east threaten to tip the scales. As Stannis Baratheon and Daenerys Targaryen continue to grow their respective armies, the arrival of the Lannister-loathing âRed Viper of Dorneâ poses a more immediate danger. In the north, the depleted Nightâs Watch seems overmatched against the advances of Mance Rayderâs army of wildlings, which in turn is being trailed by an even more formidable foe: the undead White Walker.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the Stark kids aren't all lumped together again for the commentary. They're funny together, but it's lazy to put them all together for a fourth time, especially when I don't think there's an episode in season 4 where all 3 of them feature prominently. Isaac should do episode 5, Sophie episodes 7 or 8 and Maisie episode 10.

Will they have the lore animation? I think they should have run out of things to add. They could make them out of the stuff of the World book, but some things are way unrelated to the series (Yi-Ti? Ibben? Sothoyros?) and do they have the rights? It could cannibalize sales from the world book if you can get the interesting parts in youtube for free.

I hope the Stark kids aren't all lumped together again for the commentary. They're funny together, but it's lazy to put them all together for a fourth time, especially when I don't think there's an episode in season 4 where all 3 of them feature prominently. Isaac should do episode 5, Sophie episodes 7 or 8 and Maisie episode 10.

Isaac's not doing a commentary this year. Sophie and Maisie are together on episode 5.

I posted most of the below already in the "Season 5 Speculation V 9 thread", but it's quite off-topic for that thread, so I'll repost most of that stuff below; the DVD set came out here in Taiwan about a week ago, so I've seen/listened to most of the special features already.

On the commentaries:

Some of them were pretty good - I enjoyed them more than the Season 3 ones. The all-cast ones are usually a bit silly (some of those actors have NO idea what's going on in the show, and that's totally fine, but if that's the case, I'm not sure why they're on the commentary!), but the ones with people involved in production are good. Alas, there's very little in the way of good gossip. The Jaime/Cersei Sept scene is in the only episode without a commentary, and is tantalizingly alluded to elsewhere: "The scene that everyone's talking about", or "This is the first time they've been together since the scene in the Sept", and you're left thinking "Come on, tell us what you really think!" It was fun listening to the Brienne/Hound actors talk about their fight scene. I don't really remember details, but it was just entertaining listening to them chat.

As usual, I wish they'd said more about the writing - they gave a very brief explanation, for example, on why they decided to not bring up Tysha ("We already know that story", or something like that) and have Jaime and Tyrion part on good terms, but I wanted a lot more about that.

GRRM's was enjoyable - the other actors did a solid job of asking him questions and creating a conversation that went fairly smoothly. GRRM, like several others on different commentaries, praised the changes that made Tyrion/Shae a wonderful tragic romance or something like that - it was enough of a pattern I felt like it was protesting too much. And I believe he didn't talk about helmets! The Lannister siblings were I'm afraid rather disappointing, with Peter occasionally trying to keep it together, Lena going off on tangents (one about a DJ did make me laugh), and Nikolaj doing an odd Darth Vader impersonation. Maisie/Sophie were two young women having fun. Both E09 commentaries were good, probably in part because the filming for that must have been epic and it was interesting hearing about the process. In E1, Pedro put in a valiant effort at trying to chat with D&D, but it didn't quite work for me.

My favourite moment was probably watching The Fallen panel, watching Pedro Pascal, and thinking how Oberyn Martell is almost impossible to see in his "normal" persona. The other actors "look like" their characters, if that makes sense, but whatever Pascal does to assume a different persona - wow. ("Acting!") Oh, and Charles Dance is far less intimidating than I would have thought. And Jack Gleeson likes bad puns.

The bloopers reel is very short and rather pointless. I haven't yet watched the documentary about making E9.

As always, it's all very polite and friendly and complimentary and doesn't give us any of the dirt that we really want to know.

The only bits I'm ever really excited for on the dvd's are the histories and lore stuff. I love how it fleshes out the world and we get different characters talking about the same thing so we get different view points. I love that, it resembles the POV system in the books.

Great reading thank you guys !

Quick question : who features in the Fallen Roundtable ? Charles, Jack, Pedro and who else ?

Rose, Sibel, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, and Mark Stanley.

They should have had Rory McCann participate just to mess with people.

Rose, Sibel, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, and Mark Stanley.

They should have had Rory McCann participate just to mess with people.

It was fun seeing Mark Stanley/Grenn there, as sort of a second-tier character that many viewers probably wouldn't even be able to name. I also liked Jojen/Thomas Brodie-Sangster about his hopes as he was reading the script: "Oh, I'm just stabbed, I'll be fine ... Oh, my sister's slit my throat, OK, but maybe I'll come back as a white walker ... Oh, now I've had a fireball thrown on me. I guess I'm really done."

Good call on Rory McCann. His absence is a bit of a give-away for anyone who thinks about it. But then again, they didn't have Kate Dickie (Lysa Arryn Baelish?! Does her name change?) either, and we can be pretty sure she's not coming back.

I'm curious about what's in the Lore material - I've only got the DVDs, so I don't know what the Blu-Rays are like.

Edit: "wight." Not white walker. You'd think I'd have got that right by now. And I'm not sure what word Brodie-Sangster actually used.

Was hoping of seeing an extended blooper 'reel' , now can't tell if the old short one is there.

For Season 4, it's a bunch of people tripping over or forgetting their lines; Magnar getting his axe stuck in a rack; and about half of it is the 45 second or so clip of Jaime and Tyrion dancing down the courtroom aisle.

Archived