Just started AFFC - Kevan Lannister! plesase no spoilers

Tiago Calçona

I'm Just at the very beginning of the book, and surprisingly, what surprised me more until now was the conversation between Cersei and Kevan, when she asks him to be the Hand of the king.From what i knew from the character until this point, mainly through tyrion point of view, whatever kevan said or suggest had tywin hand behind,as tyrion was constantly saying when kevan apeared in the past books. So my understanding of him, was that he was a passive person, easily manipulated since his opinions was always tywin's opinions (so a person who doesn't think for himself). So when cersei asks him to be the Hand, i was pretty sure that he'd say yes,but is not my amazement when he starts demanding that he must be the regent;plotting on who should be the next hand; kinda threat cersei counting Loudly the number o his bannerman;telling cersei what she can and can not do. It almost seemed that tywin reborned. So With all of this i'm Wondering if we will have war between the Lannisters? I think maybe yes maybe not, because kevan loved his brother and adimired his achievements to house Lannister and i feel that he Want to continue his brother work. However he knows that cersei is not the person for the Job,and that she may cause the ruin of house Lannister, based in the fact that her life decisons haven't being the best, for example her incest relation, that kevan has knowledge;so his plan of becoming regent and expel cersei to casterly rock.

I'm Just at the very beginning of the book, and surprisingly, what surprised me more until now was the conversation between Cersei and Kevan, when she asks him to be the Hand of the king.From what i knew from the character until this point, mainly through tyrion point of view, whatever kevan said or suggest had tywin hand behind,as tyrion was constantly saying when kevan apeared in the past books. So my understanding of him, was that he was a passive person, easily manipulated since his opinions was always tywin's opinions (so a person who doesn't think for himself). So when cersei asks him to be the Hand, i was pretty sure that he'd say yes,but is not my amazement when he starts demanding that he must be the regent;plotting on who should be the next hand; kinda threat cersei counting Loudly the number o his bannerman;telling cersei what she can and can not do. It almost seemed that tywin reborned. So With all of this i'm Wondering if we will have war between the Lannisters? I think maybe yes maybe not, because kevan loved his brother and adimired his achievements to house Lannister and i feel that he Want to continue his brother work. However he knows that cersei is not the person for the Job,and that she may cause the ruin of house Lannister, based in the fact that her life decisons haven't being the best, for example her incest relation, that kevan has knowledge;so his plan of becoming regent and expel cersei to casterly rock.

Your gonna find out that Keavan is smarter what you think. He may not have Tywins reputation, but he does commands respect from his soilders. If you read Cersie first chapter when she asked Jamie to be hand, Keavan notice that and he already had it in his mind that the rumors of Cersie and Jaime are true.

Kevan was pretty much Tywin's right hand. He was probably the only person in the world he trusted. I'm sure they discussed a lot about the current political situations and one of them was Cersei being a completely failure as ruler and mother, and they wanted to do something about it like sending her away (and married, so she wouldn't be in charge of CR and destroy that one either).

Also, remember what's the origin of the Wot5K. I think Kevan realised that many of the things that happened actually happened because Cersei's children were not Robert. I think Kevan (if not Tywin out of denial) was able to figure out that was the reason Jon Arryn and Ned died for, which leaded to the war and to the eventual death of his brother. And now that brother is not more, Kevan needs to actually grow the pair he has been kept hidden because Tywin had enough for the both of them :P

• 5 weeks later...

At this point I'm surprised Kevan is not about to have a mental break down. Like he says himself, his brother is dead, one of his sons was killed and another has a wound that might kill him yet. The fact that he holds it together when Cersei flings her drink at him is impressive.

i feel like Kevan has always been a smart and capable man, he would have to be to be trusted by Twyin as much as he was. i don't think it was him being passive or manipulated by Twyin but more Kevan just actually agreeing with him, that and Twyin was the most powerful man in the realm so it'd be pretty smart to ride with that guy

Kevan is one to do his duty according to has status in his house. So when he was Tywin's little brother, he played the dutiful right hand carrying out the wishes of his liege lord.

With Jaime in the KG, Kevan now finds himself as Lord of the Rock and leader of House Lannister, so in the regard he will do his duty and act in the best interests of his house, which to him is the establishment of his son as Lord of Darry and then return to the Rock to put the Westerlands back in order.

Kevan is one to do his duty according to has status in his house. So when he was Tywin's little brother, he played the dutiful right hand carrying out the wishes of his liege lord.

With Jaime in the KG, Kevan now finds himself as Lord of the Rock and leader of House Lannister, so in the regard he will do his duty and act in the best interests of his house, which to him is the establishment of his son as Lord of Darry and then return to the Rock to put the Westerlands back in order.

Actually, Cersei is the Lady of Casterly Rock and leader of House Lannister. Kevan... he might be self righteous, he might believe he's right... but he's just rebelling against his liege.

Archived