Dany's betrayals?

These are always a bitch because they can be interpreted in so many different ways. Are these the only times Dany will be betrayed, or are these just the ones she'll know about? How do we even know that Dany is the betrayed and not the betrayer? It never specifies that she's the one being betrayed. Why not say "You'll be betrayed three times"? How much of a connection has to exist before something constitutes "betrayal"? Are they necessarily in chronological order?

For instance, Mirri didn't have any allegiance or fealty to Dany, so I don't see what she did as a betrayal.

I can think of two instances involving Dany and gold: Viserys' golden crown and her marriage to Hizdahr, where they're linked together by "chains of yellow gold."

I think it was also Rhaego's death that helped bring life back to the dragon eggs. Rhaego was essentially a blood sacrifice, albeit an unwitting one. But Dany is the one who asked Mirri to perform the blood magic that ended up, deliberately or not, killing the baby and quickening the eggs.

Could just be the 3 that are relevant from Quaithe's POV, the 3 that matter to whatever weird assed agenda Quaithe is working toward in the dark.

Maggi sure as bang soup didn't "help" Cersei with that fortune telling nightmare. Maybe suffering Quaithe's list of betrayals will be the best thing that ever happened to Danny and it's just Quaithe's project that'll suffer permanent setbacks as a result. The post-betrayal Danny may actually have improved chances of being accepted as the boss by both east and/or west. Prophecy. You know what I'm saying?

^No he isn't, that's utterly baseless.

Anyway:

-Dany betrayed Rhaego for love (definitely)

- Jorah betrayed Dany for gold (possibly)

Which leaves only leaves blood. Because it never says that Dany will be betrayed 3 times, it says she will know 3 betrayals. Which could mean she is betrayed but could also means she betrays someone else.

Archived