12 Monkeys

Martini Sigil

It's nice to finally see a good show on Sci-Fi (after all these years, I still refuse to call it SyFy, that's just stupid). It's a strong show, and after being disappointed by both Defiance and Helix I'm glad to find a show on this channel that stays good for more than a few episodes. It's consistently very good and I look forward to watching it each week.

Anyone wondering if Reilly and Cole are Ramses' parents? I hope they don't go that way, but Ramses seems really interested that they get it on.

I was wondering about this too, especially after Ramse jokingly asking Cole if he was his father. It does seem a bit obvious, though Acevedo is a bit old to believingly pass as their son. The oldest he could be is 27, no way Ramse is younger than 35, and that's pushing it. Plus, I don't know that he could have been alive in the alternate timeline.

He, another cool episode ! More of a transition one this time but some really nice moments !

And Cole is in 2017 ! Looking forward to see how that plays out ! And how Katarina (I love her character, her discussion with the genral was gold !) is gonna take the core "by any means necessary".

Oh and I hope there will be no "hidden / secret family member" plot in the show ! Unnecesary !

So far, I like this show. I like the 2 lead Males. The ep so far have been ok but I have worried since the promo's came out, how they could prolong the storyline, so I am glad they have set into the storyline, that changes made in the present will effect the future. Now the can use that, and change the Theme/setting/timeline of future season. That really will make a different down the line.

And another great episode !

Cassie's death scene was damn emotional.

And we'll have a season 2 ! http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/12/12-monkeys-renewed-second-season

This is very good news. I hope they can keep up the quality. The one thing about time travel shows is they can get messy. So far, this show is doing a good job with keeping the story lines straight and making sense.

This show surprised me. I went into it not expecting very much, but ending up really enjoying it. I've always had a weakness for time travel shows - dating back to me watching Quantum leap in the late 80's/early 90's - but finding ones that do it right is a harder job. So far, at least, this show is doing a good job.

I'm happy it's got a 2nd season - SyFy doesn't have the greatest of track records with renewing shows I like, so the news that 12 Monkeys will be sticking around for (at least) another year is welcome.

If you like time-travelling shows, watch Continuum. I'm a huge fan of it !

In other news, Jennifer Goines will be a regular next season and that's awesome cause I truly liked what we've seen of the character so far. She's not just a Geffrey Brad Pitt Goines copycat. She brings something more unique and personal that I truly look forward !

Last episode definitly started the finish of the season.

I could see Ramse becoming the Pallid Man or the Witness actually, somehow...

Looking forward to see what happens in 1987 !

The show is clearly building its mythology (and it does so carefully, that's great !) all with this Red Forest, Cassie's role, Jennifer's path through the years... I'm quite interested to see how that'll evolve !

Last episode definitly started the finish of the season.

I could see Ramse becoming the Pallid Man or the Witness actually, somehow...

Looking forward to see what happens in 1987 !

The show is clearly building its mythology (and it does so carefully, that's great !) all with this Red Forest, Cassie's role, Jennifer's path through the years... I'm quite interested to see how that'll evolve !

Ramse isn't the Pallid Man. I just can't see him taking that kind of turn to the dark side. Ramse is a good guy who understandably wants to protect his son. Even if he's a bit misguided, I can hardly blame him. The Pallid Man on the other hand reeks of extreme evil. Plus, Ramse isn't tall enough. I think it's much more likely he's the Witness.

That was a good episode.

Spoiler
Has Jennifer Goines relevancy been fully explained now? She's basically closes the loop by sending Ramses on his path back in time. But she's also going to be a main cast member next season, so there should be much more to her story.

• 2 weeks later...

It was cool.

Spoiler

I'd guess positions are switched next season, it'll be the 12 monkeys sending people back to alter the timeline while Team Cole try to thwart them and also stop the virus. My guess is Cole's mom is from the future. Also, either she is that woman that's handling Aaron, Ramse and Jennifer, or is at least also from the future.

Archived