12 Monkeys

Martini Sigil

Jennifer Goines is just wonderful.

Spoiler

"I'm ain't afraid no ghost."

Glad to see this show back in top form.  It's been great so far, first four episodes.

@Arkash are you missing out, or you watching?

I'm likely not to see the remainder until Monday or Tuesday, so will probably avoid the thread until after.

It's been an excellent season so far, and I'm really liking this model.  I wonder how it will affect things in the future, because you know SyFy is using this as a test run for future series, including keeping a very close eye on people's' DVR habits while viewing it.  On Friday, because of the limited commercials, there were several times when I didn't even bother fast-forwarding because the breaks were so short.  I wonder if the production crew knew they were going to air it like this when they filmed it because each night sure felt like it was building to that night's final episode.  Can't wait to see what the do tonight!

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Terrific season.    Might be up high in my top five or ten list of single best season of any show.

Strong praise. I think I'll try and race through this as enjoyed bingeing the second season. Might be my after dark viewing as I'm currently watching Twin Peaks from the start and it scares the shit out of me.

On 20/05/2017 at 9:03 AM, SpaceChampion said:

@Arkash are you missing out, or you watching?

Hey Champ ! :)

I'm watching, but I'm careful with where I roam, I'm just at episode 7 (it was a busy week end for me)... so I'm trying not to get spoiled ! But I'll be bac after finishing it ! 

I love it so far ! Emily Hampshire is a tremendous actress (they all are, but damn, she shines !), the story, although convulted sometimes, makes sense, the plot is thrilling, the twists and turns pay off, the direction is great (some great visuals) and an increidible atmosphere that plunges me straight back in the show with no trouble at all ! The ambiance is so unique there is no mistaking what show I'm watching and I love it !  

Episode 8 tonight ! :) 

Hey it's battlestar guy!  no wonder he tried to hide himself outside of the normal timeflow / causality---he had galactica on his resume.   They should try to fool someone into showing battlestar galactica in syndication, i miss it.   

Did Monkeys shoot its wad here and now there's nothing left for next year????   Because once you see things clearly, the intrigue is sort of over and then they're forced to reshuffle in order to make it interesting again, and that can get tired like when Once Upon A Time kept having to re- curse the characters like bowling pins constantly being reset.   It cheapens the thing, usually.  Wonder what this show will try as a reshuffle.

Well I loved the entire season ! Emily Hampshire is an amazing actress (they all are, but she truly shines) and the plot made sense, convulted as it was, it still had a great fluidity to it. The visuals, the atmosphere brought me straight back in the story and it was a fantastic ride ! 

Cant wait for the final season ! 

I enjoyed this season... I wish they'd have done it weekly, rather then the semi-binge/weekend thing... but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this season wouldn't be the last... i was under the impression that S3 would end the show... 

For me, this show was one of/if not the first shows SyFy ever did that was good... now they're not a bad channel

• 3 weeks later...

We binged the show last week. For some reason I thought this was the last season so the last few episodes felt really heightened. This season reminded me of old X-Men comics where friends becoming adversaries and people switch sides. Antagonists becoming allies, both temporary (like Olivia) or semi-permanent (Deacon). 

Also loved who played the Witness. I could've watched a whole season just of his exploits. I wish that actor would be in more stuff. (Being vague because I cheered when they revealed him. Bug fan and don't want to spoil it for anyone).

It's funny, but without Jennifer, I don't think I'd care for the show overall. Cole and Railly get a little dull with their on and off relationship, whereas Jennifer just energizes every scene she's in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I noticed a few of you on this thread have been watching netflix's "dark" but just thought I'd drop by and urge folk to check it out. There's actually a lot of SF crossover going on - even if the execution/focus is very different to the point where I think anyone enjoying 1"2 monkeys" will likely have a whale of a time with "Dark".

It'll pass the days waiting for season 4 :)

Seeing "Dark" hs reminded me I've yet to watch season 3 of "monkeys".

Archived