Lady Stoneheart

Reginald blackfield

I fear that they cut her. If she is "alive" in the show , we should have already saw her.

Merrett's Epilogue is mostly pointless except to reveal LSH and foreshadow internal fighting with the Freys. Since the show will likely not pursue the Frey civil war, they can just reveal her with Brienne and lose nothing from a storytelling perspective.

Yep, 100% cut. They have had two perfect chances to hit us with a jaw dropping reveal of her but they've choose not to.

Strange since they said one of the reasons they wanted to make the series was to do the Red Wedding scene but they don't seem to care at all about the aftermath.

Love it whenever someone uses "100%" when discussing this plot line. It's so amusing.

If she was omitted, I feel like this would really hurt my love and overall enjoyment of the show. Stoneheart is the one and only character I need to have on the show, ever since I read the books, I wanted to see Michelle Fairley's portrayal of her more than anything. Any other change, literally, I'd be okay with, except the omission of UnCat.

But honestly, at this point, I don't think she'll be in it. I hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt they will.

Did they Larastone? I'm not sure that they fully did, I think it might be more ambiguous than that. It was a writer interview wasn't it? And he said they didn't think they could ask an actor as good as Fairley back as a zombie for one episode. But I'm not sure that means no LS in the future.

She's probably cut, but I don't think it's really confirmed that she is.

D and D and Cogman haven't answered any questions about LSH. Alex Graves gave an answer about why she wasn't in s4 and Michelle Fairley gave an evasive sortof answer. She may well be cut of course but I wouldn't take James Hibberd's articles as real proof in this case.

I wouldn't say for sure she won't appear just yet, if she was cut surely D&D would've denied her appearance rather than avoid the question at the Comic Con. They have been asked so often they must be tired of having to answer that question over and over. No I still believe she will appear from mid to end of season 5 at some point.

We could get her reveal from Brienne's POV rather than some random Frey and I believe that way it would be much better aswell. IF she will appear this season, I hope the BwB are mentioned a couple of times before, about how a woman now leads them and how Freys are disappearing everywhere (same things Jaime was hearing in Feast)

Either way we will know for sure this season, if it's not happening this time it's done.

I think the show, like Mr Martin in his writing, has a fair few scenes already in the bag.the appearance of Stoneheart might have already been filmed whilst the actress was with the show previously, would have made sense to film at the time of the main BwB scenes with Arya, Hound , Gendry etc.

Either way we will know for sure this season, if it's not happening this time it's done.

Well, now that Jaime's off in Dorne and Brienne's who knows where and it looks like Walder and Blackfish and Edmure aren't in this season ... actually, if she doesn't appear this season, I think there'd still be a chance - a tiny chance - of a Season 6 appearance.

But I have no idea what the show is planning to do with the Riverlands, if anything.

D and D and Cogman haven't answered any questions about LSH. Alex Graves gave an answer about why she wasn't in s4 and Michelle Fairley gave an evasive sortof answer. She may well be cut of course but I wouldn't take James Hibberd's articles as real proof in this case.

Why not believe the direct answer and the evidence? Its the same way that no one believed that Bran was cut from Season 5, despite the actor playing Hodor saying straight up that they were not in the show for a year. LOL. But, somehow, the evasive sounding answer by IHW was taken as the truth because people didn't want to believe it, then when it came out that it was true, no Bran, no Rickon for a year, the show apologists who had denied this was going to happen did a typical about face and embraced the idea as totally expected and great. People are hilarious.

Pretty sure D&D have strongly suggested they aren't keen on Lady Stoneheart (saying something about her being a one-note character) and don't feel it would be worth Michelle Fairley's time for her to return to play the role.

I think there is going to be much less Riverlands story in the show than in the books. What they're going to do with Brienne I simply don't know.

Archived