Calling it

Nozlym

There's no way TWOW can come out in 2015 unless GRRM announces that he has just finished writing the thing and there's no indication that is even close to being the case. You have to take into the account the time it takes to edit the final draft, design the cover, organise a marketing campaign and a post release tour and actually print the books. IIRC when he said he was nearly finished with ADWD it took about a year for the book to actually come out after that. 2016 is possible, but 2017+ is more likely IMHO

Another chapter would be nice :)

There were rumors not a long time ago that he was "in the middle" of the work.

this middle has been variusly interpreted but it doesn't seem to point in any way 2015...

I have some mild hope for 2016..

Let the man have his time, i say :)

Of course he will have his time, it's not like we are in a position to do anything about it, even if we were so inclined. Most people seem to think that frustrating as it can be, GRRM's writing takes whatever time it takes, and wouldn't have it any other way (quality takes time, and lots of it).

In the final few years of A Dance with Dragons we didn't get a sample chapter every year.

My point is don't expect anything from George. Dead lines and some times even working are stuff that doesn't even matter to this guy, lol

Of course he will have his time, it's not like we are in a position to do anything about it, even if we were so inclined. Most people seem to think that frustrating as it can be, GRRM's writing takes whatever time it takes, and wouldn't have it any other way (quality takes time, and lots of it).

yes, he is his own master, but pressure from fandom can have it´s effect...

i agree with you, quality takes time, that´s why if grrm says the book will be finished in 2020 i wouldn´t even feel sad, i want the best book he can write ESPECIALLY when it´s in final stages of a series, when authors tend to pace the story too fast to my liking

yes, he is his own master, but pressure from fandom can have it´s effect...

True enough, but in my opinion GRRM has created most of that pressure himself by selling the rights to HBO and then not being able to complete his work fast enough to stay ahead. Not pointing fingers btw, that's just the way things (almost certainly) ends up, but still...

Nah. Deadlines work. GRRM was contractually obligated to deliver those famous 168 pages to the editor by a preset date, and lo and behold, he delivered. Too bad that there's no deadline for the whole book (that we know of, at least).

Archived