Aussies LXIV - Invasion Day Edition

The Winged Shadow

Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike the tyranny of distance when compared to the emptiness of the wallet?

Wish you could make it!

Hey all, long time no see!

Sadly won't be able to make the meet - flying out to the USA later today for three weeks!

Hey J, have a great trip.

And I knew Neal wouldn't miss it :) 

NOICE! :cheers:

When will you be landing in Sydney?

I get in early afternoon, once I drop my bag at hotel should be almost time to head to the pub.

And I knew Neal wouldn't miss it :) 

I try!  But it's been way too long since I've been in sydney.  I might even make it to perth one day :)

I get in early afternoon, once I drop my bag at hotel should be almost time to head to the pub.

I try!  But it's been way too long since I've been in sydney.  I might even make it to perth one day :)

Just give us enough notice to convene the locals. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Di Natale rejects his party's anti-science position on genetically modified crops

The Greens oppose the use of genetically modified crops, arguing they pose significant risks to agricultural ecosystems and human health.

But Senator Di Natale told the ABC that there is no concrete evidence on potential health harms to people.

"The literature so far, on the issue of human health, hasn't produced evidence of widespread and significant health harms," he said. 

Well thank fuck for that.  The greens come to closest to representing my views, but certain positions they hold are really frustrating.  The inner west greens in Sydney being categorically anti high density development is another one, ffs that's the best option for the environment, you are just arguing from self interest here.

Did you know GM seeds require dihydrogen monoxide to germinate?  Sounds pretty scary.

That's hilarious. I didn't know that there was such a long history of dihydrogen monoxide hoaxes.

In any case, it's good that more people are facing up to the facts about GM foods. With rapid population growth (globally, if not in most Western countries) and a changing climate, GM is one of the ways by which we're going to feed everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sh_wulff said:

Hope the Victorian or WA boarders haven't been affected by the fires.

We had a close one just before xmas.  But the big bastard that erased a small town (Yarloop) was quite a way from us.  Season's not over yet though, and we haven't even got to the worst month for it yet. :(

Archived