Westeros Fantasy Baseball

JJ Lannister

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

We're actually up to 9 - Pyroclastic Flow joined up.  Would like to get 1 more.

Also, I just sent you an invite, and also sent out 2nd invites to Mexal, Phil, and Ross.  Need all of you to sign in.

Been away from the board for a while.  I accepted the invite.  If I was not supposed to, let me know and I can delete the team.  I am away the week of 3/21 so can't draft that week.  I can possibly do 3/21 and 3/22 since I will be on a business trip and can do the draft from the hotel

League details.

Auction draft.  $300 budget for each team.  Need to spend at least $1 on each roster spot.

Roster positions are C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, 2 UT, 7 SP, 3 RP, 6 Bench.

Scoring is roto.  R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS for hitters.  QS, SO, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/BB for pitchers.

Daily changes.  And we end our season after 4 months, with July 31st as the final day of the year. 

• 3 weeks later...

My team is not surprisingly like last year's team.  Unfortunately the same players that were on the team last year are the older guys not the younger ones.  Also, unlike my normal teams I am lacking in speed.  I think I had the same problem last year too though.

I have no idea what to expect this year.  I pulled a couple of player lists and did some auction values right before the draft and my values were much lower than what the players went for.  And I factored in the $300.  I had the same problem last year too and was leading for most of the year until I got swamped at work and did not update my team in the last month, so hopefully it works out for me this year too.  (And yes WJ was making a big run right before I stopped updating my team and would still have probably passed me, but in my world it was because of inactivity, not because my team tanked that last month).

My only regret from the draft is that I feel like I let down the Japanese fans of my team by not drafting Ichiro.

Solid trade.  I have Conforto as one of my top sleepers this year, and think he can end up as a pretty valuable asset.  Also do like Sano a lot - has the potential to hit 40 HR.

That said, I really wanted Arenado this year, and I had pretty great OF depth.  So I went for it.  I'm guessing this will be a deal where all 3 players are good and we both end up happy.

41 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Makes me wish I did not drop off on Sano if I thought he could get me a top 10 player if I added a throw in.

I had Conforto worth $11 as the 25th ranked OF on my list.  Don't think he's a throw in at all.

And I probably had Sano higher than others since you and I were the last ones bidding.  I just have Arenado as a top 10 player.  Sano is up there too.  Conforto is a sleeper.  I just don't understand what changes between yesterday and today where the people with money could have outbid us on Sano no problem.  So why give up your best player (or one of them) for a guy you could have easily bought and Conforto (probably another guy he could have won easily with the extra money he had) during the preseason when you really don't know the needs of your team yet.  But we go through this every year.

Not complaining about the players in the trade more than the need for the trade itself.  And not really complaining.  Just annoyed that if I spent $35 on Sano and threw in a $5 player instead of a $4 Conforto I could have got a $47 Arenado.

But I really like Sano this year too.  But does Conforto really make up the diffrence between Arenado and Sano?  And if you really wanted Conforto, bid $5 on him when you have $10 left and everyone else is at $1. (I am really tired today - stayed up another couple of hours doing work after the draft and had to be up early to get the kids to school - so probably more cranky than usual right now)

Small trade between me and Jaime.  I get AJ Ramos, he gets Joc Pederson.

I needed a closer, because Storen already lost his job.  And he needed a hitter, because of the Pollock injury.

Still looking to move Dexter Fowler or Brandon Belt for a starting pitcher upgrade.

Archived