Westeros Fantasy Baseball

JJ Lannister

On 4/5/2016 at 0:47 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

(I probably should have spent more than $4 on the closer position)

I think I say that every year (well, I did back when I did FB every year).

Oh well - I'm just waiting for Rodney to give me the Scott Tolleson experience.  Ouchies.

9 hours ago, Mexal said:

That Arenado trade looks ridiculous given the respective starts. 

Ouch, Sano is not hitting his weight - which to...be fair...is considerable.

I'm looking for a CI, better RP or SP...sent out a few offers. Happy to negotiate if anyone is interested.

On 4/18/2016 at 9:39 AM, Mexal said:

That Arenado trade looks ridiculous given the respective starts. 

Conforto has been pretty much what I expected.  Has a .919 OPS.  Sano has sucked so far, but he's always going to be a streaky hitter with the high strikeout rate.  Still too early to make any conclusions about him.

But yeah, Arenado is really good.

• 1 month later...

Not sure any of us are going to catch you WJ.  There is a lot of time left, but that Jon Gray start set me way back (well, further back).

Anybody checking this?  Will post on the league board as well - looking to move some power (Kemp), 2B depth (Pedroia or Travis), pitching depth (Gio, Kennedy, Porcello) for a C upgrade, better average bat, or pitching.  PM me or shoot me a trade offer.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2016 at 11:20 AM, Sir Whiskey Jack Wilshere said:

League details.

Auction draft.  $300 budget for each team.  Need to spend at least $1 on each roster spot.

Roster positions are C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, CI, MI, 5 OF, 2 UT, 7 SP, 3 RP, 6 Bench.

Scoring is roto.  R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS for hitters.  QS, SO, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/BB for pitchers.

Daily changes.  And we end our season after 4 months, with July 31st as the final day of the year. 

If I haven't caught you by the end of next month....can we extend?

16 minutes ago, Week said:

If I haven't caught you by the end of next month....can we extend?

No!

But I'm pretty sure you're going to catch me.  I was done in by my team's early success.  Was so far ahead that by mid-May, I stopped paying much attention - was just setting my lineup and looking to see if I needed to make roster changes once a week. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

League Poll -

Which of Groz's 3 moves this year was your favorite?

I remember gasping when I saw he dropped Nick Ahmed for Angel Pagan on April 8th. It was like "holy shit, Groz won't settle for anything less than a championship."

Definitely felt like a mic drop moment. Which is why I can kinda understand why he didn't make another roster move the rest of the way. Anything else would've paled in comparison. 

12 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I remember gasping when I saw he dropped Nick Ahmed for Angel Pagan on April 8th. It was like "holy shit, Groz won't settle for anything less than a championship."

Definitely felt like a mic drop moment. Which is why I can kinda understand why he didn't make another roster move the rest of the way. Anything else would've paled in comparison. 

Yeah, that's a good one, no doubt.  Probably the best. 

But I'm actually going to avoid my own question for a second and go off the board.  How about that decision to draft Joey Gallo and hold onto him for the whole season?  Through thick and thin, ups and downs, over 3.5 long difficult months at AAA.  To get that sweet, sweet payoff of 5 beautiful, amazing games at the end of the season.

(On his bench.)

Now that took a truly impressive amount of patience and dedication.

It's over, right?

Looks like someone named Whiskeyjack won the league. I don't recall ever seeing him on top of the league standings before so have to assume this is his first championship. Always love when a huge underdog defies all odds and proves the world wrong. So congrats new guy! 

58 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

It's over, right?

Looks like someone named Whiskeyjack won the league. I don't recall ever seeing him on top of the league standings before so have to assume this is his first championship. Always love when a huge underdog defies all odds and proves the world wrong. So congrats new guy! 

Yeah, last year was some dude named Whiskyjak, and the year before that was Whiskeyjaak.  Wonder where those guys went.

(thanks Jaime  :P )

Archived