Nettles as the Burned Men's fire-witch

Roddy Darwin

I think the reason people tend to think it's a more recent dragon is because dragonbone is supposed to be incredibly valuable and rare. So why leave this skeleton sitting there?

Cause It's in the Red Waste. If a live dragon can hide in the Mountains of the Moon a dead one ought to go unnoticed in the Red Waste.

Please... allow me to push another pot off that high shelf up there...

I read Alys not Nettles into this when I first read it but I saw in the TWOIAF forum that the more likely candidate was Nettles since the fire witch commanded a dragon, but that would muck up my theory on Brown Ben, and I think Alys is a better candidate. So...

Crash! S@$ t the pot fell... What if the dragon wasn't a dragon like Sheepstealer but a dragon like Egg or Jon, the child of Aemond One-Eye?!? And what if Timmet is not only the true heir to the Vale (as we all know is true, right?), but also a descendant ol' One-Eye?!?

Now if that's not a fine specimen of crackpottery I don't know what is.

This makes little sense as we have no reason to believe that Alys Rivers' had a dragon or a dragon egg to give to her bastard. Not to mention that Alys must have remained available to Gyldayn's principal sources as she must have been the one telling the story of Aemond and Daemon's last battle.

This makes little sense as we have no reason to believe that Alys Rivers' had a dragon or a dragon egg to give to her bastard. Not to mention that Alys must have remained available to Gyldayn's principal sources as she must have been the one telling the story of Aemond and Daemon's last battle.

Duh, that's why I referred to it as crackpot. You're so serious, dude. You got to learn how to savor this forum. Have a peach.

It makes sense to me that Nettles and Sheepstealer landed in the mountains for a while and she was perceived as a "witch" based on her looks and fire breathing dragon. However I don't think they are still there, Sheepstealer would be huge by now, either they left or Sheepstealer has died, at least that's my thought.

• 5 months later...

Archived