Which character do you think the show has left out will be the biggest mistake by D&D for not including them?

Salvador

After reading somewhere that George R.R. Martin said that by D&D not including Willas or Garland Tyrrell,

Up until now I go with that. Making (gay) Loras the only heir to the Lord Paramount of the Reach seat changes the dynamics between the Tyrells and Lannisters in KL. I cringed at the scene when Tywin threatened to recruit Loras for the King's Guard. It was wrong on so many levels and the result of leaving Willas and Garland out.

I think there are decent arguments for why Lady Stoneheart is an unnecessary character.

But, it has to be said, she ties Jaime and Brienne's storylines back together in a really exciting way that a replacement/merged character probably couldn't. If LSH's not in the show it makes me worried that they'll change Jaime and Brienne's storylines a lot, and that seems like a big mistake to me.

(Also, I need Vic & Euron. Need.)

Up until now I go with that. Making (gay) Loras the only heir to the Lord Paramount of the Reach seat changes the dynamics between the Tyrells and Lannisters in KL. I cringed at the scene when Tywin threatened to recruit Loras for the King's Guard. It was wrong on so many levels and the result of leaving Willas and Garland out.

Very bad writing in this episodes(season).

I think there are decent arguments for why Lady Stoneheart is an unnecessary character.

But, it has to be said, she ties Jaime and Brienne's storylines back together in a really exciting way that a replacement/merged character probably couldn't. If LSH's not in the show it makes me worried that they'll change Jaime and Brienne's storylines a lot, and that seems like a big mistake to me.

(Also, I need Vic & Euron. Need.)

Of arguments there are plenty. But then why bother introducing unBeric in the show if not as a precedence to LSH? They could might as well have another person in the BWB fighting the hound then.

I dont think any character is indispensable. Everyone could be worked around somehow.

I don't really agree with this. None of the 8 original POVs are indispensable, along with countless other characters. Is it technically possible to remove one of them and write around it? Sure, but if you do that, you'd change the story massively.

Arianne. She might not be an instant fan favorite/cult classic as her uncle was (despite her having a fiercely loyal fanbase in this forum) but she's the most developed character from Dorne, by a long shot

And most importantly, she's the most relatable of the Dornish lot, a sane stand-in for the audience

Replacing her with the far cheesier Sand Snakes is going to hurt that entire storyline. Reviews are already labeling the Sand Snakes as characters from a B-movie, and I fear that might be a popular opinion

Lady Stoneheart! I don't see how the Brienne/Jaime storyline can be picked up/resolved without her to tie it together. And we still don't know for sure what the one word Brienne uttered at the point of hanging was, though I guess we can assume it was "Yield". And then she gallops off to find Jaime, who then gallops off with her, so . . .?

But the character I most wish they hadn't left out - COLDHANDS!!! I can see that he wasn't essential to the story line, but it's a shame we didn't get to see him.

Lady Stoneheart! I don't see how the Brienne/Jaime storyline can be picked up/resolved without her to tie it together. And we still don't know for sure what the one word Brienne uttered at the point of hanging was, though I guess we can assume it was "Yield". And then she gallops off to find Jaime, who then gallops off with her, so . . .?

But the character I most wish they hadn't left out - COLDHANDS!!! I can see that he wasn't essential to the story line, but it's a shame we didn't get to see him.

Pretty sure GRRM has confirmed that the word was "sword".

Coldhands is just another resurrected corpse, warged by the three-eyed-crow, so I don't see what's so special about this character. Essentially Coldhands is the three-eyed crow.

I don't think D&D will be making any 'mistakes' when it comes to cutting characters for the show, because this is their version of the story, the characters they include are the ones relevant to this version of events. I'd have liked to see Arianne, but again I do see the logic in cutting her.

I think Lady Stoneheart is the biggest mistake on their part. I'm also disappointed about Manderly (it doesn't look promising that any of the Marderlys will be included) Coldhands, and Tysha's part in Jaime/Tyrion's story. (though that's probably not significant to the story, it doesn't stop me from bitching about it)

Arianne. She might not be an instant fan favorite/cult classic as her uncle was (despite her having a fiercely loyal fanbase in this forum) but she's the most developed character from Dorne, by a long shot

And most importantly, she's the most relatable of the Dornish lot, a sane stand-in for the audience

Replacing her with the far cheesier Sand Snakes is going to hurt that entire storyline. Reviews are already labeling the Sand Snakes as characters from a B-movie, and I fear that might be a popular opinion

I'm guessing the only reason they wanted the snakes was because they are warriors. They really haven't been a big part of the books so far compared to Arianne, a person who like you said is actually sane. I suppose Ellaria works.

Manderly seems the biggest missed opportunity for me, for the following reasons:

1. The show needs some sort of post-Red Wedding Stark loyalist presence in the North. Why should we care about the Starks as a ruling house if we don't see that their vassals are genuinely angry about what happened to them?

2. The Frey pies storyline is brilliant and hilarious.

3. He gets some amazing lines.

4. He's distinctive both visually and in terms of his manner and attitude.

I do sort-of understand why D & D wouldn't want to introduce him at this point. Just pulling a prominent Northern Lord from out of nowhere at this point might be a bit jarring, and would prompt the question of where he has been the last four seasons. And introducing him earlier when he didn't have much to do would have been difficult in terms of casting (though they did include Wendel Manderly at the Red Wedding, so there has been *some* set up). That said, I get the impression that D & D change things because they don't want GRRM getting the credit for all the 'cool moments' on their show (that really is the only explanation I can think of for some of the changes / omissions), rather than for any practical reasons.

Archived