No more Jon/Dany?

Debra Morgan

The sooner people accept there will be some Jon/Dany moments in the next books, the easier will be to actually read about it...

In the end I think there are only a few things we can say for sure is that Ned is not Jon's father, Daenerys will cross the Narrow Sea and be part of the battle against the Others, and that an alliance of Arya, Jon, Tyrion, Daenerys and Bran will happen to win the day.

The only two posts in this entire thread that make any legitimate sense. Take the statutory/pedophile argument elsewhere.

That's not how the people in the books see it, though. It is made very clear that consummating a marriage with a girl under 16 is not normally done. Tyrion states this but is pressured by his father to consummate the marriage to Sansa anyway for political reasons. Viserys is concerned that Drogo might not find Daenerys attractive because of her young age (meaning she still appeared too childlike to be attractive to most men) and is re-assured that Drogo likes them young.

Remembering also that Tyrion states that, among all the prostitutes he slept with, he did not think he slept with any under the age of 16. If his culture sees nothing wrong with that, why would he not sleep with younger prostitutes, and why would he feel defensive about the possibility that he might have? Westerosi people see having sex with young pubescent girls as creepy, though maybe not as creepy as we do in our culture.

Well there is a difference between civilized Westeros society and the Dothraki society is the point I was making about the First Nation's People. Westeros is more lenient than us and the Dothraki are more lenient than them.

Idk, this is just not something I like to get all caught up with. Life expectancy is shorter, this is a dark-ages setting.

Robb was marching to war at 14 right?

I don't like to go that route. Marital rape laws don't exist, but that doesn't make Robert any better. "Child abuse" doesn't exist in Westeros but it doesn't stop people from both criticizing Catelyn with it and defending Randyll Tarly because he's a lord and can do what he wants. :D

How you you work that one out?

An Aunt and Nephew have one generation of genetic diversity, Cousins have two right?

So if Arya married Benjen for example, the genetic diversity comes from Cat alone

If Arya married Jon the genetic diversity comes from Cat and Rhaegar?

oh right, I dont really know i just heard someone else say that it was not 'viewed negatively' in Westeros.

I think that she means that Dany and Jon is less vomit-inducing because they have no familial relatioship, so it's not emotional incest.

Also, the Valyrian ideal was a brother and sister pairing. The lesser the genetic diversity, the better. :uhoh:

Brother/sister is still very much the ideal pairing in modern Norfolk.

Only siblings and parents is viewed negatively in Westeros. The others are varying degrees of gross.

And sheep in Wales. Some traditions hold strong.

Ahahhahahaha.

My friends went to Scotland last summer, and in one pub's bathroom....this is not a joke......in a dispenser machine they assumed was for tampons......at closer inspection it was a blow-up sheep dispenser, with a big ole hole in the butt, like female blow-up doll.....but it was a freaking sheep.

Ahahhahahaha.

My friends went to Scotland last summer, and in one pub's bathroom....this is not a joke......in a dispenser machine they assumed was for tampons......at closer inspection it was a blow-up sheep dispenser, with a big ole hole in the butt, like female blow-up doll.....but it was a freaking sheep.

They must get a lot of Welsh tourists in that part of Scotland.

Ahahhahahaha.

:bowdown:

Genius. How is that inventor not a billionaire?

Blergh!!!

I want out of the European Union! I don't want to keep company with that lot! :eek: :ack:

LOL I've heard similar stories of the US's "Deep South". I think they were not serious though. I hope you're not being serious too, eh.

Blergh!!!

I want out of the European Union! I don't want to keep company with that lot! :eek: :ack:

LOL I've heard similar stories of the US's "Deep South". I think they were not serious though. I hope you're not being serious too, eh.

lol I am from Georgia, I wouldnt be surprised if someone in that state or one of it's neighbors had, at some point, made love to a sheep. But there are no blow-up sheep machines in the bathrooms, that much I am sure of :)

And yeah I was serious, it was the hilarity highlight of their trip to Scotland.

When Martin chose not to use the 5 year gap, that love triangle ended. Arya should be 16/17 by now, instead she's 11.

By the time she gets back to Westeros, she may be 13, which wouldn't be too young for 20 year old Jon.

lol I am from Georgia, I wouldnt be surprised if someone in that state or one of it's neighbors had, at some point, made love to a sheep. But there are no blow-up sheep machines in the bathrooms, that much I am sure of :)

And yeah I was serious, it was the hilarity highlight of their trip to Scotland.

Last week, in England, a man was jailed for sex with a Shetland Pony.

Archived