Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I once suggested that the plots that some of the characters have been stuck in this season were plots to delay their stories. Like with Bran but in a new story instead of disappearing altogether. Jaime could go to the Riverlands next season. Same with Brienne.

It's Meribald/the Elder Brother. We'll see him with the Hound, not with Brienne.

Exactly. If it is Meribald he is in the show for Clegane Bowl. Guess that the show ends where the books end with Cersei calling for trial by combat but waiting for the Faith to choose their champion for next season.

I once suggested that the plots that some of the characters have been stuck in this season were plots to delay their stories. Like with Bran but in a new story instead of disappearing altogether. Jaime could go to the Riverlands next season. Same with Brienne.

I'm now sorta thinking that they might delay the Battle of Mereen until next season also. At least I hope so, I want me some Vic and Euron goddamnit.

Well now, it appears that Randyll Tarly will be much more important to the plot than I ever imagined. My guess is that he is definitely turning on the Tyrells. In the books it will probably be in the service of Aegon (i.e., "friends in the Reach"), but since Aegon does not existence on the show, I suppose Daenerys will be his beneficiary.

That's because you're expecting Littlefinger to make it out alive from episode 10... ADWD epilogue lacks weight if it's just Kevan and/or Pycelle are involved, as they are both very minor characters. just sayin'

I'm speculating that Littlefinger will make it past this season as somehow The Vale needs to come into the fray. I don't think Royce has any reasons to get The Vale into war mode, but Littlefinger does.

What if Littlefinger kills Varys instead?

Fair point about Myrcella becoming a Queen before she dies. I almost forgot that.

Regarding Obara, I hate it when characters are being merged, but in the books she goes after Darkstar. Since Darkstar most likely has been cut, they will have to give her something to do.

well yes, she needs to do something. But season 7 is WoW material, and for all we know the Darkstar mission will last all of 2 minutes. She will do something like whatever she actually does for the rest of WoW and beyond. Which of course we know nothing about.

Sarella is a great character, and is a woman of colour...which the show could very much use. I just simply do not see them missing the chance to cast such a character. Of course if this season passes without a name drop I will be less sure.

Something that some might miss in the big WOTW thread:

Patchface (he/she of the legit spoilers) made an appearance and said something about having heard that Meribald and the Elder Brother were getting combined. When I pressed Patchface for more Season 6 spoilers, he/she said "Ask me again after Episode 9." Something big is happening in 5x09, too, from the sounds of it, or at least something that's suggestive of a Season 6 storyline.

Patchface also stated before Season 5 started airing that

Tommen would die

in Season 5, so we'll see if that remains the case.

Patchface (he/she of the legit spoilers) made an appearance and said something about having heard that Meribald and the Elder Brother were getting combined. When I pressed Patchface for more Season 6 spoilers, he/she said "Ask me again after Episode 9." Something big is happening in 5x09, too, from the sounds of it, or at least something that's suggestive of a Season 6 storyline.

Interesting. I read that as indicating that Clegane against Clegane will not be happening.

Tommen would die

The Dance of Dragons means something other than Drogon killing people. It means civil war.... I would really hate Trystane to be Aegon I really would, especially after he got put out like a lil bitch by Bronn, with his glass jaw..... but so far both the big leakers seem to be implying this. Trystane Snow tell me Young Griff will appear in the series but in a much different fashion, and now patchface alluding to the big episode 9....

Tommen would die

I think it is very likely Tommen will die this season actually, because it would complete the seasonal narative that started with Cersei's prophesy....and hint at season 7 re Myrcella.

The Dance of Dragons means something other than Drogon killing people. It means civil war.... I would really hate Trystane to be Aegon I really would, especially after he got put out like a lil bitch by Bronn, with his glass jaw..... but so far both the big leakers seem to be implying this. Trystane Snow tell me Young Griff will appear in the series but in a much different fashion, and now patchface alluding to the big episode 9....

There are two different theories poele confuse with each other:

1. Trystane will take on Aegon Blackfyre/Brightflame/whatever's ROLE in the show as the rallying point for the South. He is, and always was Doran's son and is not pretending to be anything else.

2. Trystane actually is Aegon.

The vast majority of people I think see 1 as likely, and 2 as extremely unlikely.

From what I saw, most people presume that the Leading Actress and traveling theater is usually linked to Aryas story, but what if this is Altered "Team Aegon" and she is some kind of replacement for Lemore?

There are two different theories poele confuse with each other:

1. Trystane will take on Aegon Blackfyre/Brightflame/whatever's ROLE in the show as the rallying point for the South. He is, and always was Doran's son and is not pretending to be anything else.

2. Trystane actually is Aegon.

The vast majority of people I think see 1 as likely, and 2 as extremely unlikely.

Either of above would work for me :-)

I wonder if this means Sam will go on a big detour to Horn Hill to drop off Gilly and the baby and hang out with his family. If so, it's a slight bummer because I wanted him to start classes like right away, no more travelling.

But maybe another POV meets the Tarlys? Sam does have this sort of fear/foreshadowing that Gilly won't be safe at HH because it could be taken as Winterfell was, so who knows.

Archived