Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

So, from what i gather,

- Tommen dies at the end of season 5 (possibly by Varys, who works with Doran)

- Doran reveals Trystane as Aegon Targaryen in the episode called ''The Dance Of Dragons''

- Myrcella becomes queen with Trystane/Aegon as her husband king

- Myrcella, Trystane and the Sand Snakes go to King's Landing and shake things up in Season 6

Also,

- Euron becomes king after Balon's death and attacks the Reach

- Sam goes to the Citadel to become a maester and gets caught in the ironborn invasion

- Randyll Tarly becomes a player in King's Landing

- Sam pays his family a visit to leave Gilly and baby under their protection

- The Faith calls for Elder Brother and Sandor Clegane to participate in Cersei's trial (Cleganebowl happens!)

- Bran has visions of young Robert, Ned and Brandon

- Arya becomes a member of the actors' group and goes on killing spree tour in Westeros (might kill all the names in her list!)

- Dany meets Khalo Jhaqo and gets a khalasar

So, from what i gather,

- Doran reveals Trystane as Aegon Targaryen in the episode called ''The Dance Of Dragons''

- Myrcella, Trystane and the Sand Snakes go to King's Landing and shake things up in Season 6

Also,

- Sam goes to the Citadel to become a maester and gets caught in the ironborn invasion

- The Faith calls for Elder Brother and Sandor Clegane to participate in Cersei's trial (Cleganebowl happens!)

- Arya becomes a member of the actors' group and goes on killing spree tour in Westeros (might kill all the names in her list!)

Remember the episode called "The Gift" and what everyone though it meant? I don't put too much stock into their titles at this point.

So, from what i gather,

Also,

Dayyyum. I'd be onboard with this. Too perfect!

And regarding casting, give me Ian McShane for Euron.

I once suggested that the plots that some of the characters have been stuck in this season were plots to delay their stories. Like with Bran but in a new story instead of disappearing altogether. Jaime could go to the Riverlands next season. Same with Brienne.

Jaime, I have no idea (though I have a hard time seeing how he could, if he returns with Myrcella at the end of this season, leave the capital without looking like a complete heel toward his kids, given the shitstorm he'll be returning to), but Brienne is not going back to the Riverlands. Why would she? She'll almost certainly have rescued Sansa at the end of the season, and Sansa's not going to the Riverlands.

I disagree. That's not clear at all, especially since we don't actually know where her book story is going (except that it will eventually involve killing a giant). As I said elsewhere it is entirely plausible that D&D have simply moved forward her story, not drastically changed it. We won't know until all the books are out so , personally, think it is wise to reserve judgement until we see how it all plays out.

'nuf said.

Sansa is clearly taking the role of Jeyne at the moment. Sansa may end up in the North in TWOW, but what is happening to her story at the moment is not fast-forwarding her story, it's replacing it. That's not really disputable. And certainly over the past couple of weeks there has been plenty of explanation for why that completely destroys Sansa's arc. Hell, you don't even need to look at S5 to see that they don't care about Sansa. She's been shirked since S2.

I disagree. That's not clear at all, especially since we don't actually know where her book story is going (except that it will eventually involve killing a giant). As I said elsewhere it is entirely plausible that D&D have simply moved forward her story, not drastically changed it. We won't know until all the books are out so , personally, think it is wise to reserve judgement until we see how it all plays out.

'nuf said.

I think it's fair to say that marrying her to Ramsay and turning her into a serious abuse victim is a drastic change to her story. Even if she ends up in Winterfell in the books by some other means, unless it involves suffering major abuse, then the show has yes drastically changed her story.

Now, since D&D aren't too much for characterization, they may feel as you do, that as long as she ends up in the same geographic location with the same set of external circumstances, e.g. in Winterfell the Boltons lost the battle that it is same/same. But, it isn't really.

Still unclear how they will sell the boyband reject as Jon Snow's older brother here, but then we have Gilly's eternally 8 month old baby too. :dunno:

And regarding casting, give me Ian McShane for Euron.

Man, if they cast McShane, I would actually be interested in Euron and start rooting for him!

The three boys? I keep thinking it's Brendan, Ned, and Benjen. The bigger one being Brendan. I can't see why Robert would be at the godswood tree with two out of three of the brothers. This may be before Ned is sent off to foster with the Arryns and Bran gets a glimpse of them through the weirnet.

The biggest reason I'm skeptical of any Trystane = Aegon reveal is that the show has done absolutely nothing to set that up; indeed, they've passed up numerous opportunities to do so. And while the showrunners don't foreshadow anywhere near as much as GRRM does, they do set things up, particularly when it involves historical characters; see, for instance, the gigantic exposition dump this season regarding Rhaegar and Lyanna. But they have passed up numerous opportunities to mention Aegon's name.

The three boys? I keep thinking it's Brendan, Ned, and Benjen. The bigger one being Brendan. I can't see why Robert would be at the godswood tree with two out of three of the brothers. This may be before Ned is sent off to foster with the Arryns and Bran gets a glimpse of them through the weirnet.

Benjen isn't particularly big, and certainly not bigger than his brothers. Robert would be the godswood if he was visiting Winterfell (which the book version never did prior to AGOT, I believe, but it's no stretch that he could have done so).

I abhor the very idea of the Hound returning. I hope that the Elder Brother is just there as a bit of a local Riverlands colour. He can give Septon Meribald's speech, or something.

Seriously, Cleganebowl is like the worst idea, ever. The show should move forward, not bring back the ambiguously dead Hound.

The Hound is dead. But Sandor Clegane is alive.

I would love to see Rory McCann play Sandor as someone who has found the Faith and good in the world. He returns to King's Landing, fights Gregor (#CleganeBowlGetHype), and then Arya kills him.

GRRM then collects the tears of his readers and uses them for longevity.

Archived