Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

They already did, though. Joffrey's wedding. Too much of a good thing would be a bad thing.

I extremely disagree.

The way I think it will go, these will be the major plotlines:

- The North Remembers, ft. Stannis, the Boltons, Sansa and Theon;

- The Invasion of the Reach, ft. Euron, Yara, Sam, Randyll, one of the Sand Snakes (probably Tyene), possibly Loras;

- The Threesome for the Throne, ft. Myrcella, Trystane, Doran, Ellaria, the remaining Snakes (Obara, Nym), Cersei, Margaery, Olenna, Varys and Robert Strong;

These will be the secondary:

- The Return of the Prodigals, ft. Dany, Tyrion, Jorah, the Dothraki and possibly Missandei and Grey Worm, assuming Dany does not leave them behind in Meereen;

- The Scouring of the Riverlands, ft. Jaime, Brienne, the Freys, and however many of the Brotherhood they will want to include;

And these will be the minor ones:

- The Discovery of the Truth (Jon, Mel, Bran);

- Let's Guess Into Which Plotline They Will Direct Arya (BTW, I Really Hope She Goes With Sam To Oldtown).

The way I see it, Stannis will fall only at the end of S6.

I would agree with those storylines expect no way Tyrion and Dany will be secondary in any way. Switch importance of this storyline with The Invasion of Reach. Reach storyline will not be major at all. It will be similar to season 5 Dorne. It might get even less screentime because nobody as popular as Jaime and Bronn are there.

There is a good possibility that Dany will just quickly grab Dothrakis and leave to Westeros early and than she will meet characters remaining in Dorne before heading towards KL. In such case it would be the major storyline of the season 6 together with KL. Both storylines would be strongly connected with each other.

All of this depend what will happen with Dorne, if Doran´s plan for Trystane is Dany or Myrcella. If Myrcella then Dany will have to remain in Essos longer to give Dorne time to remove Tommen and install Myrcella. If however Doran is with Varys and plans to marry Trystane to Dany, than she need to be in Westeros quickly. Your prediction seems to be based on the idea that Dany will waste more time in Essos and Dany and Dorne will be enemies, but i doubt that this is what the showrunners will choose. To ally her with Dorne is more simple, more "morally good" and more fan service, if she is the one who will take over KL fom Lannisters and Faith militants. If she overthrow such nice persons like Trystane/Myrcella and other Dornish characters, her actions (and Tyrion´s - the most whitewashed character) will be percieved quite differently.

Another slight bit of Tarly gossip - my friend auditioning for 'Son' said that Tim McInnerny, probably most famous for being Percy and Captain Darling in Blackadder, had auditioned for 'Father'.

Pretty out there choice for Randyll, I'd say, but a certain name recognition...

Hmm... McInnerny's not the worst choice I've seen. I'd still prefer Brendan Gleeson, because he looks like he could be related to John Bradley and he possesses that sort of badass commander vibe.

They already did, though. Joffrey's wedding. Too much of a good thing would be a bad thing.

I extremely disagree.

The way I think it will go, these will be the major plotlines:

- The North Remembers, ft. Stannis, the Boltons, Sansa and Theon;

- The Invasion of the Reach, ft. Euron, Yara, Sam, Randyll, one of the Sand Snakes (probably Tyene), possibly Loras;

- The Threesome for the Throne, ft. Myrcella, Trystane, Doran, Ellaria, the remaining Snakes (Obara, Nym), Cersei, Margaery, Olenna, Varys and Robert Strong;

These will be the secondary:

- The Return of the Prodigals, ft. Dany, Tyrion, Jorah, the Dothraki and possibly Missandei and Grey Worm, assuming Dany does not leave them behind in Meereen;

- The Scouring of the Riverlands, ft. Jaime, Brienne, the Freys, and however many of the Brotherhood they will want to include;

And these will be the minor ones:

- The Discovery of the Truth (Jon, Mel, Bran);

- Let's Guess Into Which Plotline They Will Direct Arya (BTW, I Really Hope She Goes With Sam To Oldtown).

The way I see it, Stannis will fall only at the end of S6.

That's exactly how I think Season 6 will go. Completely agree.

I know the description is pretty self - explanatory but how sure are we that it is actually the character of Euron Greyjoy that's been cast?

I really hope it is but I'm worried that it'll turn out to be a generic pirate character that Dany or Sam or somebody meets on the seas. I'll be really pissed off if that is the case.

I would agree with those storylines expect no way Tyrion and Dany will be secondary in any way. [...]

All of this depend what will happen with Dorne, if Doran´s plan for Trystane is Dany or Myrcella. If Myrcella then Dany will have to remain in Essos longer to give Dorne time to remove Tommen and install Myrcella. If however Doran is with Varys and plans to marry Trystane to Dany, than she need to be in Westeros quickly. Your prediction seems to be based on the idea that Dany will waste more time in Essos and Dany and Dorne will be enemies, but i doubt that this is what the showrunners will choose. To ally her with Dorne is more simple, more "morally good" and more fan service, if she is the one who will take over KL fom Lannisters and Faith militants. If she overthrow such nice persons like Trystane/Myrcella and other Dornish characters, her actions (and Tyrion´s - the most whitewashed character) will be percieved quite differently.

Well, I firmly believe that one of the initial salvos in the new war will be Nice Show Varys killing Nice King Tommen, so there's that for the overall likeability and popularity. (I think that the opinion prevailing in the audience is that Tommen is nice, if completely ineffectual.)

However, you are absolutely right that everything will depend on how the showrunners will want to play out Dorne - so let me reserve the right to update my predictions when the season ends. :) I just wanted to post this as a counter to Taylor Swift's outline, which struck me as unlikely in several places. Especially the sentiment that "with Euron in, Ramsay is done". I see the Boltons resolving around the end of S6, with Euron (and also Trystane) continuing into early S7 as an obstruction for Dany (if S7 is a divided season, "early S7 = S7.1").

Obviously I also firmly stand by the idea that Dany will take the great majority of the season to get to Westeros.

looks like we are getting Euron for S6. If Euron is , should not Aeron be in to? According to GRRM Aeron will do some creepy stuff to bring down Euron , this sound important so Aeron or a similiar character should be in the show to.

looks like we are getting Euron for S6. If Euron is , should not Aeron be in to? According to GRRM Aeron will do some creepy stuff to bring down Euron , this sound important so Aeron or a similiar character should be in the show to.

The show has already cut Victarion, so I wouldn't say that anyone can be assumed to be in the show.

I can totally understand why Victarion is being cut, but I'm somehow convinced Aeron will play a major part in TWOW, so I'd be curious to see him in the show.

I'd rather doubt that.

Dont think we'll get any Kingsmoot.

My guess :

510 : Balon dies and Yara talks of the Silence returning.

601 : Euron returns, claims himself King by showing off all his treasures from all over the world. Yara defies him. Euron threatens her. Yara runs away.

From that on, Yara will be back on track with whatever she does in Winds and Euron will attack the Reach.

not even sure we'll get a a Kingsmoot. We get captured Yarasha telling Theon that Balon is dead and that the Silence returned and Euron is now king of the Iron Islands. Then, we get Euron as king next season

Turning her into a willing victim of Ramsay Bolton of all people is a major departure and it is very, very unlikely that GRRM is going to turn her into that level of an abuse victim in the future. Harry is a party boy, irresponsible, vain, arrogant...there is nothing to indicate he would leave his wife covered in bruises. And never mind that having her marry into the family that destroyed her family for some hairbrained idea she's going to get revenge is fucking stupid. How is she supposed to get this revenge? Her children will be Boltons.

The show basically simply redid her KL story only more violently, and they keep saying how she is different now, empowered, but I don't see it. She's not empowered, she's covered in fucking brusies. When she escapes that is escape, not empowerment. If they have her kill one of the Boltons, I would find that odd, because her thing is manipulation not outright violence and I would be surprised if GRRM is going to turn her into a version of Arya.

So, to me, this show story feels very inauthentic and there for shock value.

Harry dumped his first baby mamma because she was too fat post childbirth. And, what's to stop a drunken party boy from raping Alayne Stone - right now, he thinks of her as baseborn daughter of Littlefinger, not Sansa Stark of Winterfell, daughter of one of the Great Lords of Westeros. For him, what's to stop drunk Harry from getting a little rough with the bastard daughter of Littlefinger?

Then, if that happens, maybe Sansa strikes back & kills him (with a corkscrew) or similar?

not even sure we'll get a a Kingsmoot. We get captured Yarasha telling Theon that Balon is dead and that the Silence returned and Euron is now king of the Iron Islands. Then, we get Euron as king next season

I really doubt that, we'll atleast see Balon's death on screen for the actor to have a good sending off.

But I agree that there won't be a big kingsmoot. Euron will just take the Seastone Chair, Yara will oppose him as a kind of a set-up but nothing big like the one in AFFC.

Harry dumped his first baby mamma because she was too fat post childbirth. And, what's to stop a drunken party boy from raping Alayne Stone - right now, he thinks of her as baseborn daughter of Littlefinger, not Sansa Stark of Winterfell, daughter of one of the Great Lords of Westeros. For him, what's to stop drunk Harry from getting a little rough with the bastard daughter of Littlefinger?

Then, if that happens, maybe Sansa strikes back & kills him (with a corkscrew) or similar?

Well first of all, that wouldn't change the fact that the plot to get Sansa into Winterfell is illogical. And secondly I think it unlikely to happen. It would just be so boring and repetitive for Sansa to be married to yet another monster. And predictable given that they've already set Harry up to be - in Sansa's own words - an arse. I think that Harry will be a fratboy and a tool but ultimately will have a large decent side to him.

Well first of all, that wouldn't change the fact that the plot to get Sansa into Winterfell is illogical. And secondly I think it unlikely to happen. It would just be so boring and repetitive for Sansa to be married to yet another monster. And predictable given that they've already set Harry up to be - in Sansa's own words - an arse. I think that Harry will be a fratboy and a tool but ultimately will have a large decent side to him.

I posted a new, rather out there idea on where Sansa's story could go on the Alayne WoW thread. You won't like it, but could continue the Sansa discussion there.

Really it hinges on if the show made this choice based on unpublished book material or not (which is NOT something we can decide until we know what happens in the books). If they did we can assume they did so in a drastically compressed way, so things will play out differently and be more spread out in the books. It is not a simple question of if Sansa marries Ramsay, because show Ramsay may be himself a composite character, meant to stand in for someone else as far as marrying Sansa goes...so the notion she marries the enemy may be direct from the books but it may be a different enemy.

I posted a new, rather out there idea on where Sansa's story could go on the Alayne WoW thread. You won't like it, but could continue the Sansa discussion there.

Really it hinges on if the show made this choice based on book material or not (which is NOT something we can decide until we know what happens in the books). If they did we can assume they did so in a drastically compressed way, so things will play out differently and be more spread out in the books. It is not a simple question of if Sansa marries Ramsay, because show Ramsay may be himself a composite character, meant to stand in for someone else as far as marrying Sansa goes...so the notion she marries the enemy may be direct from the books but it may be a different enemy.

I just really don't think that the plot is anything more than a wish to cut out the "boring" Vale story line, to include an edgy rape scene and possibly to get Sansa in The North a bit faster. I think anything more than that, any speculations that this will actually happen to Sansa in some way in the books is just crackpottery.

No matter how much you harp on about it, I'm not waiting to see all the books/show to make that judgement. D+D do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Archived