Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

https://vimeo.com/130692253

the priestess is a Volarian R'llhorist supporting Dany. I'm petty sure Dany will be in Westeros by the end of the next season/book.

She seems to call Varys "Lord Rayder".

George already confirmed Dany and Tyrion would be "coming home" in TWOW, so it's safe to say Dany will be landing in Westeros before the end of season 6.

Loved this clip btw, thanks. Any peak into season 6/TWOW is exciting.

Stannis is still the best tactician, strategist there is. That his mercenary army ran off, has nothing to do with his ability fight and strategize for others. A chastened Stannis might be useful to the Northern cause against the Boltons. Also useful to Jon to plan battle against the WWs.

might have been...if he wasn't probably dead.

The Umbers championing Rickon as Lord or King of the North in no way requires Stannis to be alive.

Oh, who did Natalie Dormer originally audition for? Cersei? Talisa?

Their Lyanna better have black hair. Rhaegar has silver hair and Jon has Black curls so that needs to be explained. Also, Benjen has black hair so it could be a Stark genetic on the show as opposed to the brown hair from the books. I'm just worried they cast a Lyanna who looks more like Massie than Kit. That doesn't work on the show because Arya and Jon don't look like each other.

I think the Tower of Joy flashback will open Season 6 but it will cut off before revealing Lyanna and baby Jon so the build up is there but R+L=J is not revealed until later on.

I don't think that matters much. Jon looks like Ned in the books, Arya looks like Lyanna. If in the show Jon looks like Benjen and Arya looks like Lyanna it would still kind of fit. They all have the 'Stark look'. You are inferring that the similarities to Lyanna are purely about connecting Jon to Lyanna. I don't think that is 100% the case. Its a clue but its also important for Arya as a character, having lost the one woman in her family who could have understood her nature. She's so often considered the outsider but she's not, the people in the household are insulting her for her Starkness while serving the Starks. I'm pulling for Jenna Coleman to get the role.

Anyone considered the possibilty that the legendary warrior is Duncan the Tall. Bran had a vision where ha saw a tall man kissing a woman who looked like Old Nan , most people belive this man is Duncan. Bran could have this vision in S6 . And Duncan is most likely the most legendary fighter in history of Westeros.

Anyone considered the possibilty that the legendary warrior is Duncan the Tall. Bran had a vision where ha saw a tall man kissing a woman who looked like Old Nan , most people belive this man is Duncan. Bran could have this vision in S6 . And Duncan is most likely the most legendary fighter in history of Westeros.

Hm, but he didn't have a particularly famous blade. And even if they had a weirwood scene with him, I don't think it would involve a lot of fighting.

Dunk was not a very good swordsman.

What is his famous sword?

Is this the first time the show has mentioned the phrase "the prince that was promised"? Or "the one who was promised" as they phrased it here.

Maybe I am blind, but I have read the casting multiple times, and there is no mention of "the one who was promised"

Search also does not bring up that line in the casting call.

Can you be more specific as to where it is found?

Maybe I am blind, but I have read the casting multiple times, and there is no mention of "the one who was promised"

Search also does not bring up that line in the casting call.

Can you be more specific as to where it is found?

The link that jet199 posted.

It's the audition video for the High Priestess from Volantis and she calls Dany "the one who was promised".

I think the fighter might be Lyn Corbray using Lady Forlorn

I agree this is a strong possibility. Sure, he is pretty much the opposite of a paragon of knighthood, but the show likes to troll us in small ways like this. It is very much their style IMO to get everyone all excited about Arthur Dayne but give us Corbray instead.

Unlike Dayne, Corbray is in the story now, and in Season 6 would arrive in the North with LF. No flashback or vision required.

Obviously if it is a flashback it is AD, but if not, Corbray is top contender.

I agree this is a strong possibility. Sure, he is pretty much the opposite of a paragon of knighthood, but the show likes to troll us in small ways like this. It is very much their style IMO to get everyone all excited about Arthur Dayne but give us Corbray instead.

Unlike Dayne, Corbray is in the story now, and in Season 6 would arrive in the North with LF. No flashback or vision required.

Obviously if it is a flashback it is AD, but if not, Corbray is top contender.

Where has he been introduced already? Vance has been in S4, but I do nor recall even a mention of Lyn in the show.

Archived