Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

One idea maybe... What if the master swordsman is a flashback for the Night's King? The show is clearly comfortable delving more into the white walkers / others, so I wouldn't be surprised if they treat viewers to a backstory that may or may not appear in a later book.

the show has also laid enough groundwork to support a r+l=j flashback which I believe is more likely (and exciting) to consider as a prospect for TV. Bringing back ned and Robert would be epic while paying off some subtle hints (and subtle is not a word used often to describe the show) for book readers and the most attentive viewers.

Having said that - learning about the Night's King would likely make for incredible showpieces and give readers and unsullied alike some surprises.

My question is, who would be having this flashback?

Ned, Robert, and Catelyn, are all dead. The Stark daughters are alive but they of course couldn't have a flashback to see their father as a youth.

Littlefinger maybe?

Bran's entire storyline is about seeing visions.

He saw Theon coming to Winterfell

He saw his father dead

He saw where he was supposed to go

That is, when he wasn't warging into Summer or Hodor.

Yes, those were all future visions, but with the trees and their longevity, he can also be trained to look backwards. So even with most of the older people dead, through Bran we'll be able to see the past that is directly connected to a lot of things going on in the present.

It doesn't need to be a flashback at all, or even a vision. For instance, if the show is going all in on revealing R+L=J to the audience immediately, the TOJ scene could simply end with a close up of the baby's face and then cut to Jon's face in present time. Sort of like the way the Maggy the Frog scene ended with a cut to present-day Cersei.

I hope they cast some people who don't have British accents.

So sick of British being the standard for anything fantasy, medieval, historical etc. in TV. Would it just shatter the world if there was one place on Planetos that wasn't limey

So sick of British being the standard for anything fantasy, medieval, historical etc. in TV. Would it just shatter the world if there was one place on Planetos that wasn't limey

There have been plenty non-Brit accents in the show. Of the new characters we know about, which would you have as non-Brit?

Personally I like the different Brit accents, and it makes the non-Brit ones stand out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Varamyr the wildling shown with the dogs in hardhome? Given how explendable the other wildling characters were, I'm guessing he was given a few lines that didn't make the final cut.

That was not Varamyr. Varamyr was cast very early on last year, strange for that story arc, and I guessed the reason last year that it may have been connected to CGI heavy work, it may also have been connected to Jon filming his S6 scenes early.

So sick of British being the standard for anything fantasy, medieval, historical etc. in TV. Would it just shatter the world if there was one place on Planetos that wasn't limey.

Please don't wish another Dorne down on us.

I have to say though that they really missed a trick with Braavos which they could have used English speaking locals for if they didn't want to have people speaking valyrian but still be obviously a different country. They could also have had Irish accents.

It doesn't need to be a flashback at all, or even a vision. For instance, if the show is going all in on revealing R+L=J to the audience immediately, the TOJ scene could simply end with a close up of the baby's face and then cut to Jon's face in present time. Sort of like the way the Maggy the Frog scene ended with a cut to present-day Cersei.

The only issue I have with them doing it this way, is the character would still not know.

This worked with Cersei, because she was there and would obviously remember what happened but we the viewers would not.

If they did this with Jon, we would find out, but how would everyone in Westeros? There needs to be some method for the population to find out (assuming it matters in the story).

I have to say though that they really missed a trick with Braavos which they could have used English speaking locals for if they didn't want to have people speaking valyrian but still be obviously a different country. They could also have had Irish accents.

Irish accents are already being used; Baelish, some Night's Watch/Northerners and Davos.

I did like how Volantis used Welsh accents.

Irish accents are already being used; Baelish, some Night's Watch/Northerners and Davos.

I did like how Volantis used Welsh accents.

Davos has a Geordie accent and I'm not sure Baelish's is supposed to be Irish.

Davos has a Geordie accent and I'm not sure Baelish's is supposed to be Irish.

I thought maybe Davos sounds Geordie, but sometimes it slips back I think. One can definitely hear Irish in Baelish's accent, he turns it up and down in different scenes.

I thought maybe Davos sounds Geordie, but sometimes it slips back I think. One can definitely hear Irish in Baelish's accent, he turns it up and down in different scenes.

Agreed you can definately hear Irish in Baelish's accent, but I think that's just because the actor can't do RP well.

Agreed you can definately hear Irish in Baelish's accent, but I think that's just because the actor can't do RP well.

It's possible. He was in Queer as Folk, but I cannot recall the accent, he was also on Sky One's Thorne...can't recall that accent as well though.

I thought it was odd that Arthur Dayne's casting didn't specify ethnicity. Given that the Dayne's are descendants of the FM, he should be white. But since they really want a "swordsman" I'm getting the feeling we won't be seeing his face (helmet), and only get fight scenes.

Archived