Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

It has not even been a full month since the finale yet. Maybe they have not cast the major parts for season 6 yet and we will get some some major casting announcements maybe in a couple weeks? Not sure if I am wrong, but didn't they not name major casting roles at last years comic con?

For season 5 they had a video, for season 4 they didn't, for season 3 they did. I guess it just depends on how much they've gotten done with preproduction by the time Comic Con comes around. Also, Comic Con this year was very early, whereas last year it was July 24-27. Might have been another reason Dan and David didn't go.

I read season 6 casting and I'm more than certain that we will see Umbers, Manderlys and other Northern Houses for the Great Northern Conspiracy. We will see House Tarly from the Reach, Euron Greyjoy and I think Ser Arthur Dayne.

- Mark my words we will see Rickon Stark in the Last Hearth while he is training with Greatjon Umber's sons. With other Northern lords and return of Jon, Boltons will be destroyed and Starks will rule the North again. This time the North really remembers.

- By Bran we will learn about the true parentage of Jon. In that vision we will see Arthur Dayne.

- Euron will raid the Reach. Different from the books he will raid Horn Hill the seat of House Tarly.

- In the casting there are some outlaw characters. I think they are from the Brotherhood without Banners. So that means we will see some action in Riverlands. Maybe something about Freys and we might see Blackfish Tully too. Sadly I don't think we will see Lady Stoneheart.

Yes! Was rather disappointed that the GNC wasn't included in season 5. So hopefully in season 6, we see the Starks rise again.

The North Remembers...

A few things I've picked up with the press is that they want to keep next season as secretive as possible. Now I am sure this is related to Jon's revival however I read somewhere even casting news/plot lines for other characters are being kept very secret as the show does not want to spoil the next book.

The only thing which seems to have been widely reported is the Tower of Joy which I think will be the opening few minutes of Season 6 reintroducing Bran, seeing Jon ressurect and giving his backstory all in one go.

A few things I've picked up with the press is that they want to keep next season as secretive as possible. Now I am sure this is related to Jon's revival however I read somewhere even casting news/plot lines for other characters are being kept very secret as the show does not want to spoil the next book.

That makes no sense. There is zero chance that WoW will be released before Season 6. Less than zero chance that there wont be 6 months of set photos and all the random stuff that goes on during filming that spoils characters, their locations...who they're seen with etc etc.

They probably just don't have everyone 100% through casting yet.

Maybe George and the head show runners are going to announce the release date of Winds and the new cast together after George meets with his publishers and editors in August? 

Wouldn't that be a sweet dream. Alas, from what his blog post says it sounds more like an informal "since you're in the neighborhood" meeting since he's going to be in the area for a wedding.

Wouldn't that be a sweet dream. Alas, from what his blog post says it sounds more like an informal "since you're in the neighborhood" meeting since he's going to be in the area for a wedding.

True it could be an informal meeting. But why would he be meeting with his agents as well if it was an informal meeting? Also he replied to a comment on his blog that says most likely the topic of Winds will come up when he meets with his publishers, editors and agents. So maybe hopefully we will get a progress update in a couple weeks if it is not a release date?  :unsure:

The only thing which seems to have been widely reported is the Tower of Joy which I think will be the opening few minutes of Season 6 reintroducing Bran, seeing Jon ressurect and giving his backstory all in one go.

I very much doubt this.

First, the character we assume is Arthur is slated for more than one episode IIRC. No point having him in a whole string of episodes if the point of including him is over with before the first episode. Doing as you propose would also be extremely confusing since Bran wasn't even seen for all of season 5 so starting with his vision makes no sense.

Second, noone has the slightest clue who Jon is. His story needs development that can't be accomplished in a single episode IMO.

Third, many events need to take place before the story is ready for the magical rebirth of Jon, so it is not just that HIS story needs development, but that all the other ones do as well.

I would rate the likelihood of the Wall coming down because of Jon's death (falls because the Watch did not stay true) as much higher than him being resurrected in the first episode.

Before ToJ vision you need a vision about R+L and the whole tournament thing. You can't just rush right to the conclusion without telling the story behind it. Bran will have many visions relating to these events.

Archived