Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Maybe they don't need to cast anyone new as Lyanna Stark because Maisie Williams has grown into the role.

She's now old enough to play the part and she's already got the right look.

She could definitely play the part of Lyanna in flashbacks of the Tourney of Harrenhall and the Tower of Joy.

not in the tower of joy or the tourney but for an earlier scene. she would match up well with the young robert-ned-brandon that they are casting. 

clearly, with all the hints about rhaegar they brought up last season, they are building to the jon reveal. a scene with the established youngsters could demonstrate the dynamic, with robert already loving lyanna, and lyanna telling ned that she doesnt care for robert. perhaps brandon being adamant on the match from a political standpoint. 

not in the tower of joy or the tourney but for an earlier scene. she would match up well with the young robert-ned-brandon that they are casting. 

clearly, with all the hints about rhaegar they brought up last season, they are building to the jon reveal. a scene with the established youngsters could demonstrate the dynamic, with robert already loving lyanna, and lyanna telling ned that she doesnt care for robert. perhaps brandon being adamant on the match from a political standpoint.

why so sure it is robert-ned-brandon?

As already said just a few posts ago, this assumption makes no sense.

one northern boy. one southern boy of the same age but big for his age. one northern boy a few years older

and the ned has green eyes like sean bean

it makes by far the most sense of anything else.the descriptions are spot on. the characters and scene would resonate with viewers. it helps give us the reveal that they've been building to.

it will probably take place in winterfell. there is no reason those characters can't be together. we know that ned and robert were in the vale for a ong time while brandon was primarily at winterfell. (although we know he was often as far south as barrowton and they all were at least one tourney.) what we don't have is a detailed whereabouts of their entire childhoods. 

one northern boy. one southern boy of the same age but big for his age. one northern boy a few years older
and the ned has green eyes like sean bean

it makes by far the most sense of anything else.the descriptions are spot on. the characters and scene would resonate with viewers. it helps give us the reveal that they've been building to.

it will probably take place in winterfell. there is no reason those characters can't be together. we know that ned and robert were in the vale for a ong time while brandon was primarily at winterfell. (although we know he was often as far south as barrowton and they all were at least one tourney.) what we don't have is a detailed whereabouts of their entire childhoods.

Or...it could be any one of Ned's ancestors and any other southerner. Really the descriptions tell us pretty much nothing. Bran doesn't just see recent history in his visions. The big boy has some people thinking of Hodor but could be a Hodor ancestor.

Robert has no reason to be at Winterfell sparring with Brandon. It is quite clear he squired in the Vale. That's why he was close to Jon Arryn.

Or...it could be any one of Ned's ancestors and any other southerner. Really the descriptions tell us pretty much nothing. Bran doesn't just see recent history in his visions.

Robert has no reason to be at Winterfell sparring with Brandon. It is quite clear he squired in the Vale. That's why he was close to Jon Arryn.

of course he squired in the vale. that doesnt mean he was there constantly. 

could it be someone else? yes. but robert is the most likely seeing as the description fits him so well and there is a clear reason to have a scene there.

why would one of ned's ancestors be so tall? which of ned's ancestors are so important to the show that a scene of him,as a child would make it to the show.? what other southerner would be with ned? what other large southron of the same age as ned? and what southerner would have a scene of such importance that the show would not only do it, but cast specifically for it.

it could be something else, but the specificity of the descriptions makes it the most likely choice

also this: A father: He’s tough and old, an alpha male patriarch. The show is looking for a man with a Northern English Accent. He appears in one episode and has 2 lin

could be rickard 

given that the brandon and ned roles are open ended, and the robert and rickard roles are one-time, there could be a series of visions of ned and brandon and lyanna, one of which features robert and one of which features rickard 

edit: and if it really bothers you that somehow brandon and robert met, it isnt entirely necessary that they be in the same scene. the robert character has been cast in one scene. while ned is in an unkown about. it isn't mentioned that robert has a stick. that could be a separate scene in the vale.

but we know that robert loved lyanna, and thus, had met her. isn't it possible that he met brandon at the same time. isn't it possible that rickard with his southron ambitions, invited the young lord of storms end to winterfell to meet his daughter?

of course he squired in the vale. that doesnt mean he was there constantly. 

could it be someone else? yes. but robert is the most likely seeing as the description fits him so well and there is a clear reason to have a scene there.
why would one of ned's ancestors be so tall? which of ned's ancestors are so important to the show that a scene of him,as a child would make it to the show.? what other southerner would be with ned? what other large southron of the same age as ned? and what southerner would have a scene of such importance that the show would not only do it, but cast specifically for it.

it could be something else, but the specificity of the descriptions makes it the most likely choice

also this: A father: Hes tough and old, an alpha male patriarch. The show is looking for a man with a Northern English Accent. He appears in one episode and has 2 lin

could be rickard 

given that the brandon and ned roles are open ended, and the robert and rickard roles are one-time, there could be a series of visions of ned and brandon and lyanna, one of which features robert and one of which features rickard 

edit: and if it really bothers you that somehow brandon and robert met, it isnt entirely necessary that they be in the same scene. the robert character has been cast in one scene. while ned is in an unkown about. it isn't mentioned that robert has a stick. that could be a separate scene in the vale.

but we know that robert loved lyanna, and thus, had met her. isn't it possible that he met brandon at the same time. isn't it possible that rickard with his southron ambitions, invited the young lord of storms end to winterfell to meet his daughter?

I never said it was impossible. The point was simply that people are taking it as CONFIRMED that these boys are Ned, Brandon and Robert and I find that bizarre. It could seriously be anything. It ahouldn't be taken as a given.

The three lads.
Hodor, Ned and most likely Howland.

At this point just as possible (except the Hodor part. He is too young and Northern).

I never said it was impossible. The point was simply that people are taking it as CONFIRMED that these boys are Ned, Brandon and Robert and I find that bizarre. It could seriously be anything. It ahouldn't be taken as a given.

At this point just as possible (except the Hodor part. He is too young and Northern).

not confirmed. but by far the most likely from what we know

I'll bet a dollar it's as I say. :D

From what I've seen, the big lad can only be Hodor.

Wonder who this guy is

http://alexcusackmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/eddie_jackson.jpg

Watchers on the Wall says he was cast. According to his management's site he plays 23-30 year olds and the only person who fits that from the casting rumours is Dickon Tarly who's supposed to be 20-25 years old. Unless he's just random bandit #47

Look at those ears!! Certainly a florent.

Dickon or a maester seems likely. Hopefully he is Howland Reed though.

Look at those ears!! Certainly a florent.

Dickon or a maester seems likely. Hopefully he is Howland Reed though.

I was thinking about a florent also! Edric Storm? Although it woundnt have much sense now to introduce Edric...

Hope he is HR also

Only if she filmed the scenes back in season 1, the Ned and Brandon (young northern boys) they're casting are too young for Maisie to play their younger sibling, but she's the right age to play the older (17-18 year old) Lyanna of the Tourney at Harrenhall and ToJ.

Maybe they don't need to cast anyone new as Lyanna Stark because Maisie Williams has grown into the role.

She's now old enough to play the part and she's already got the right look.

She could definitely play the part of Lyanna in flashbacks of the Tourney of Harrenhall and the Tower of Joy.

wat ? That would be so lame.

wat ? That would be so lame.

I second that. I mean I know Arya is supposed to look like Lyanna, but theres so many actresses with similar looks, why on earth would they ever reuse one of the current main actresses and most familiar faces to viewers to play another important character, that'd just be confusing and kinda lazy imo

I second that. I mean I know Arya is supposed to look like Lyanna, but theres so many actresses with similar looks, why on earth would they ever reuse one of the current main actresses and most familiar faces to viewers to play another important character, that'd just be confusing and kinda lazy imo

:agree:

Arya holds a resemblance to Lyanna, that is it. They are not twins or dopplegangers. The audience are not stupid enough to see Masie Williams and not recognise her as Arya. Also, she looks nothing like Jon Snow....

Also, she looks nothing like Jon Snow....

I don't think there's any likelihood (or good reason) that Maisie would play Lyanna, but the fact that she doesn't really look like Kit Harington is not something the show would care about.  Sophie Turner looks nothing like Michelle Fairley, but that hasn't stopped them from having Littlefinger talk about how much she looks like her.

Casting Maisie in Lyanna's flashback role would be too confusing because Arya now changes her costume with her FM roles so many people would get the two scenarios mixed up.

Lyanna needs to look a bit like KH. Long black curly hair is a must, maybe they did not need to cast because they already have someone who auditioned for another role - possibly a Sand Snake last year.

Casting Maisie in Lyanna's flashback role would be too confusing because Arya now changes her costume with her FM roles so many people would get the two scenarios mixed up.

Lyanna needs to look a bit like KH. Long black curly hair is a must, maybe they did not need to cast because they already have someone who auditioned for another role - possibly a Sand Snake last year.

I'm hoping that they've already had someone in mind too--because with all these flashbacks going where it looks like they might be going, not seeing her at all would be strange imo

Archived