Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

[url="https://twitter.com/Officialmarei/status/625760172292616193"]Josephine Gillan[/url], who's been playing a prostitute in Littlefinger's brothel since season 2, is apparently in this season too.

Evidently not even the Sparrows can rescue us from further brothel scenes.

I don't think there's any likelihood (or good reason) that Maisie would play Lyanna, but the fact that she doesn't really look like Kit Harington is not something the show would care about.  Sophie Turner looks nothing like Michelle Fairley, but that hasn't stopped them from having Littlefinger talk about how much she looks like her.

At least she has the auburn hair and it can get darker with age (?) Bran Is the one that does not add up. Instead of Jon and Arya looking alike, it is Bran and Jon. :lol:

Too many people associate a Targaryen with silver hair and a Baratheon with Black hair so there needs to be a reliable explanation for Jon's black curls. If we have a brown haired Lyanna then the 'secret Baratheon' theories will never stop, especially considering her relationship with Robert. Brown hair + silver hair does not make black hair. Anyway, it is pretty easy to dye an actress's hair black.

I just think Lyanna looking like Jon is more of a priority than Lyanna looking like Arya (although, a resemblance to both would be perfect). Arya can look like her without sharing her colouring (covered in mud, messy hair and wears boys clothes etc) but Jon's appearance is a direct result of his mother.

Arya gets her appearance from her father (who has the same colouring as Lyanna), not from her aunt. However, because of their shared Stark look and gender, she resembles her. But Jon actually gets his appearance from Lyanna. This should not be changed on the show just because they forgot to make Ned, Arya and Jon look like each other.

At least she has the auburn hair and it can get darker with age (?) Bran Is the one that does not add up. Instead of Jon and Arya looking alike, it is Bran and Jon. :lol:

Too many people associate a Targaryen with silver hair and a Baratheon with Black hair so there needs to be a reliable explanation for Jon's black curls. If we have a brown haired Lyanna then the 'secret Baratheon' theories will never stop, especially considering her relationship with Robert. Brown hair + silver hair does not make black hair. Anyway, it is pretty easy to dye an actress's hair black.

I just think Lyanna looking like Jon is more of a priority than Lyanna looking like Arya (although, a resemblance to both would be perfect). Arya can look like her without sharing her colouring (covered in mud, messy hair and wears boys clothes etc) but Jon's appearance is a direct result of his mother.

Arya gets her appearance from her father (who has the same colouring as Lyanna), not from her aunt. However, because of their shared Stark look and gender, she resembles her. But Jon actually gets his appearance from Lyanna. This should not be changed on the show just because they forgot to make Ned, Arya and Jon look like each other.

You are very confident that R+L=J is not just a (popular) theory.

The show covered that in episode 1 though. Jon looks more like Benjen than Ned: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/04/77/af0477f814edf894ade47eea9fc4de73.jpg

Lyanna's comparison to Arya is more important in the book than a clue to Jon's parentage. Its through Lyanna we see that Arya, the one who is cast out and bullied is actually more like a Stark than any of her siblings. Relating Lyanna to Jon is only possible because Jon is related to Arya a lot. But the comparisons between Lyanna and Arya are much more character driven than some late plot reveal.

Josephine Gillan, who's been playing a prostitute in Littlefinger's brothel since season 2, is apparently in this season too.

Am I really the only person who doesn't mind the brothel scenes? Try imagining LF and how he would come across without them. He is so understated he basically wouldn't register. The brothels are precisely why viewers feel skin crawls when they see him. IMO important. Just talking about how he owns brothels but not showing them and how they serve as his spy network would simply not work.

And if we are going to be in brothels they might as well be fun places where we can at least imagine why people might like to go, and where the workers are not pathetic mutes bought and sold. Frankly I like that the show doesn't do victim prostitutes, just confidently sexual ones.

Josephine Gillan, who's been playing a prostitute in Littlefinger's brothel since season 2, is apparently in this season too.

Why is it that the show no longer has basic continuity, and yet D+D put in the effort to have consistent prostitute extras across four seasons?

Why is it that the show no longer has basic continuity, and yet D+D put in the effort to have consistent prostitute extras across four seasons?

one of those is a lot easier to achieve than the other

You are very confident that R+L=J is not just a (popular) theory.

I used to say If R+L=J but it just sounds like denial at this stage. The show, the books, GRRM and even Sean Bean have been dropping breadcrumbs for years. As arrogant as it is, I find it hard to speak of it as a theory.

The show covered that in episode 1 though. Jon looks more like Benjen than Ned: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/04/77/af0477f814edf894ade47eea9fc4de73.jpg

Lyanna's comparison to Arya is more important in the book than a clue to Jon's parentage. Its through Lyanna we see that Arya, the one who is cast out and bullied is actually more like a Stark than any of her siblings. Relating Lyanna to Jon is only possible because Jon is related to Arya a lot. But the comparisons between Lyanna and Arya are much more character driven than some late plot reveal.

That is largely because R+L=J has not been revealed yet so people presume Jon takes after Ned, not Lyanna. However, I'm betting the "he takes after his mother" analysis will become part of his characterization (and identity) when R+L=J is revealed. He is a Targaryen that looks like a Stark because he inherited Lyanna's looks. Jon looking like a Stark is a large part of his characterization. His comparison to Lyanna should not be underestimated either.

Arya already shares many attributes with Lyanna, she does not need to look exactly like her. In the books? Yes. But the show has not established the 'Stark look' so it matters little.  

Anyway, for all we know show! Jon might look more like Rhaegar than Lyanna, minus the black hair. I'm not bothered as long as they give her black hair.

I think they've reached the point where anything they reveal would be a massive spoiler.

Revealing that the Martels would be in s5 didn't spoil too much. Announcing Arthur Dayne or Lyanna, however...

But they won't get to the premiere without getting Euron and the Tarlys on the red carpet. They want to promote something new and different, they always do. If a character that will appear in the trailer is cast, there is no point hiding it.

Any indications when we might be seeing a casting announcement? Here's hoping there will be a Tower of Joy 'flashback' in Season 6...

It would have only made sense to include it in s1 when Ned was still alive. I can't see it making that much sense in The show...
Hell even in the books I don't see it coming out without magic (Bran, Melisandre)

Per WOTW, they were filming at the Winterfell set at Moneyglass today, and Sophie was there (plus bonus mistaken/trolling reports that Michelle Fairley was there, quickly disproved since she's starring in a play in London).

Contrary to my expectations, I guess they are filming an immediate followup to the jump sequence (which, in turn, probably means that huge army of cavalry Ramsay had last season is going to vanish between seasons).  If true, I think that has to be the opening scene of Season 6.

It would have only made sense to include it in s1 when Ned was still alive. I can't see it making that much sense in The show...
Hell even in the books I don't see it coming out without magic (Bran, Melisandre)

They dug themselves into a hole by not having dreams and flashbacks. Now they'll shove it in next season.

Archived