Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

snowbowl is a bad name, particularly since Jon is not going to be "Snow" any more.

And technically Ramsay is no longer a Snow.  However, they were both Bastards of the North (the only characters with the name "snow" that we know) and it links in with the Winter conditions of the Battle.

But this does leave me wondering when the R+L=J reveal will be. I thought it would occur before/at the same time as Jon's resurrection and be kept for the climax of the season. However, it looks like Jon will be getting resurrected early/mid season 6. Perhaps, he is still a Snow at this point and learns R+L=J in the crypts of Winterfell in the finale.

I am also not sure Jon will be leading this battle. He might be, but also very possible this battle is to be fought in the name of Rickon, or Sansa if Rickon is dead by then (that might be the trigger). Jon would be leading his loyal wildlings and possibly any remnants of Stannis's men, but he may be fighting along side LF for the time being.

I would kind of love it if he fights along side Vale forces under LF to defeat the Boltons, they win, THEN after getting everything Sansa needs from LF she has him executed at Winterfell in the finale.

Marwyn may be in the building! Or in Oldtown at least.

http://watchersonthewall.com/oldtown-filming-today-confirmed-plus-nikolaj-coster-waldau-in-girona-and-more/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Filming today with Sam talking with a Maester in Oldtown, doesn't appear that the actor has been identified as of yet... Said it was a small scene with no extras so very well could be his meeting with Marwyn

I'm not sure why they are wasting time on casting roles for minor...very minor characters and such. Waste of time. 

Why would you think that?

Best bet is he is Meribald/Elder Brother (merged character). I would have said Tarly but descriptions of his level of involvement and where and when he filmed do not match. We know we are getting Sandor (the Hound is dead, long live Sandor) so the reasons for his continuing existence will need context....like that "maester hanging out behind that rock" ie. Meribald, and that connected story wherever it goes.

haven't thoroughly analysed but I am not sure if Meribald/EB is necessary for the progress of the story and it entails things that I find unlikely (i.e. Sandor return - even though it would be galactically awesome. I am not so sure if I trust the ppl who say McCann was seen on set).

I though BFish would correspond to McShae's age and looks (somewhat).

But yea, Meribald/EB is not implausible and would be a great choice. I just learnt to be careful w/these things

haven't thoroughly analysed but I am not sure if Meribald/EB is necessary for the progress of the story and it entails things that I find unlikely (i.e. Sandor return - even though it would be galactically awesome. I am not so sure if I trust the ppl who say McCann was seen on set).
I though BFish would correspond to McShae's age and looks (somewhat).

But yea, Meribald/EB is not implausible and would be a great choice. I just learnt to be careful w/these things

Sandor is confirmed returning. Rory spotted in Belfast with cast and there are photos. So...

And McShae was filming same time as the outlaw band characters from the casting call. Really, the likelihood he is Meribald is extremely high.

Sandor is confirmed returning. Rory spotted in Belfast with cast and there are photos. So...

Wait what? There are photos?! :D Do you have a link per chance? Last I knew a source for WotW claimed Rory was staying at a hotel in Belfast that the cast typically stay in but I never heard anything else confirming it or more sightings.

And McShae was filming same time as the outlaw band characters from the casting call. Really, the likelihood he is Meribald is extremely high.

I pray to the old gods and the new that you are right!

I cannot possibly express how little interest I have in this whole acting troupe story. With all the stuff this show has glossed over...we're getting half a dozen actors cast for this? We can't get Northern lords at a wedding but....

It's the show's chance to satirize itself. The moment I read the Mercy chapter I knew they were going to use it.

I cannot possibly express how little interest I have in this whole acting troupe story. With all the stuff this show has glossed over...we're getting half a dozen actors cast for this? We can't get Northern lords at a wedding but....

The acting troupe is going to be in three episodes. I'm betting they have a significant role to play.

All we know of them for certain is what we see in "Mercy."   We don't know if they will be important or not, yet.   Perhaps they get a gig in King's Landing.  Cue trouble.

I could have sworn there were photos of Rory in Belfast but if I am mistaken, sorry. I am still 100% sure he is back. Why else would Finn Jones be declaring the Hound to be his NEW favorite character in an interview about season 6? And the casting call had a character description matching Meribald so we know there will be a Meribald. Finally, the timing of when McShane was filming and description of his level of involvement fits with him taking that role.

Re: the acting troupe, I think they will be great, and far from irrelevant. People who are grumbling about them should keep in mind a few things: first, they are not ONLY doing a play, but are shown behind the scenes, so they are real characters as well as stage ones. Second, this is Arya's escape, so they are critical to her story. People are mentioning the Mercy chapter but IMO this troupe is a merger of the company we saw in Mercy and the one she will actually join, on "the ship". In Mercy, we were introduced to the ship as a place where actors who fall out of favour or disgrace themselves get sent, and where noone wants to be. The ship travels. The company Arya is with in "Mercy" does not. Finally, the inclusion of Arya's time as an actor is probably very relevant to her future path. We will see her actually adapting herself to fill roles IMO.

So...who is our Tarly? so far that has not leaked. Anyone think it might be Eric Roberts and that was the meaning of the tweeting that happened with Roberts?

Archived