Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

The Manderly's entering now AFTER the Battle of Ice would be exactly something Ding and Dong would do....because it's a terrible assassination of a story arc and character.

... but it would be worth it if we were to get Littlefinger pies.

The Manderly's entering now AFTER the Battle of Ice would be exactly something Ding and Dong would do....because it's a terrible assassination of a story arc and character.

I'm not sure I understand your logic here. Why does Manderly sabbotaging Boltons and Freys depend on Stannis or the Battle for Winterfell?

In the books, the North Remembers speech was delivered to Davos, who then was sent to fetch Rickon. Largely this served to ensure Davos will be absent from the battle, and the show found a different excuse to ensure his absence. It seems that Stannis fails in the Battle for Winterfell without any help in that failure. Probably his Northern forces abandon him when he burns someone as a sacrifice or they find out about his kinslaying tendency (Renly, probably Shireen).

Manderly's support was contingent on Davos first returning with Rickon which he had not yet done...ergo no support from Manderly to Stannis. Very possibly Manderly's forces simply went home rather than fight Stannis in the battle. After all, Roose did send them out seperately from the Freys.

My guess is the show, if Manderly is included now, would do it this way:

1. Davos finds out via Sansa that Bran and Rickon are alive and goes looking for them. Only difference is that it is not Stannis who sends him to Manderly. In the show the reason for going is that Davos having lost Stannis has taken on a new mission of trying to save the North from Boltons and WW both.

2. Davos meets Manderly, North Remembers speech in some form, Northerners sabbotaging Boltons and Freys storyline begins.

3. LF gets in the way. Sansa offs LF.

I read season 6 casting and I'm more than certain that we will see Umbers, Manderlys and other Northern Houses for the Great Northern Conspiracy. We will see House Tarly from the Reach, Euron Greyjoy and I think Ser Arthur Dayne.

- Mark my words we will see Rickon Stark in the Last Hearth while he is training with Greatjon Umber's sons. With other Northern lords and return of Jon, Boltons will be destroyed and Starks will rule the North again. This time the North really remembers.

- By Bran we will learn about the true parentage of Jon. In that vision we will see Arthur Dayne.

- Euron will raid the Reach. Different from the books he will raid Horn Hill the seat of House Tarly.

- In the casting there are some outlaw characters. I think they are from the Brotherhood without Banners. So that means we will see some action in Riverlands. Maybe something about Freys and we might see Blackfish Tully too. Sadly I don't think we will see Lady Stoneheart.

I read season 6 casting and I'm more than certain that we will see Umbers, Manderlys and other Northern Houses for the Great Northern Conspiracy. We will see House Tarly from the Reach, Euron Greyjoy and I think Ser Arthur Dayne.

- Mark my words we will see Rickon Stark in the Last Hearth while he is training with Greatjon Umber's sons. With other Northern lords and return of Jon, Boltons will be destroyed and Starks will rule the North again. This time the North really remembers.

- By Bran we will learn about the true parentage of Jon. In that vision we will see Arthur Dayne.

- Euron will raid the Reach. Different from the books he will raid Horn Hill the seat of House Tarly.

- In the casting there are some outlaw characters. I think they are from the Brotherhood without Banners. So that means we will see some action in Riverlands. Maybe something about Freys and we might see Blackfish Tully too. Sadly I don't think we will see Lady Stoneheart.

mostly agreed

except I think euron will hit Oldtown instead

I think Mace would sent Randall Tarly to lead the defense of Oldtown. Since the Redwyne's haven't appeared yet and Randall has been heavily foreshadowed. Sam proving himself in the Siege of Oldtown would probably be a great father-son moment before Euron kills one of them in a Myrcella/Jaime moment.

My no doubt crackpot is we may actually see Stoneheart. I know, crazy me. But this is the logic:

1. Stoneheart's role in the story has to do with Frey revenge, Riverlands and reincarnation. ALL of these things have been reserved for and compressed into season 6. So far there is no Stoneheart, but there has also been no Frey (or Bolton) revenge storyline at all, and the Riverlands were skipped to accommodate sending Sansa and thus Brienne to the North early (yes, I am quite sure Sansa will go North in the books soon enough).

2. Jon died. The show runners want everyone to go crazy thinking he is really really really dead. Beric Dondarion was enough of a hint that people can be brought back, so Stoneheart coming in earlier would have reduced the impact both of Jon's death, and his eventual rebirth as Jon Stargaryen or whatever his new name would be (Jon Snow really is dead). Bringing Stoneheart in for the beginning of season 6 allows for the construction of a reincarnation arc, culminating most likely in Jon's rebirth at the end of season 6 or beginning of season 7. Meanwhile the season will also include the revived but "somewhat changed" Mountain, and very likely return of Sandor Clegane (part of Riverlands arc).

3. The Winds of Winter will be largely about these various revenge and reincarnation threads, with Freys and Boltons paying the consequences for ignoring guest rights, and the "changes" resulting from being brought back from the dead becoming apparent. So the show streamlined these threads to compress them into season 6 rather than going through the slower development of events found in the novels.

and yeah, Euron will attack Oldtown. There will be no warm fuzzy scene between Sam and his Dad...at most a moment where Sam stands up for himself and proves his worth.

My no doubt crackpot is we may actually see Stoneheart. I know, crazy me. But this is the logic:

1. Stoneheart's role in the story has to do with Frey revenge, Riverlands and reincarnation. ALL of these things have been reserved for and compressed into season 6. So far there is no Stoneheart, but there has also been no Frey (or Bolton) revenge storyline at all, and the Riverlands were skipped to accommodate sending Sansa and thus Brienne to the North early (yes, I am quite sure Sansa will go North in the books soon enough).

2. Jon died. The show runners want everyone to go crazy thinking he is really really really dead. Beric Dondarion was enough of a hint that people can be brought back, so Stoneheart coming in earlier would have reduced the impact both of Jon's death, and his eventual rebirth as Jon Stargaryen or whatever his new name would be (Jon Snow really is dead). Bringing Stoneheart in for the beginning of season 6 allows for the construction of a reincarnation arc, culminating most likely in Jon's rebirth at the end of season 6 or beginning of season 7. Meanwhile the season will also include the revived but "somewhat changed" Mountain, and very likely return of Sandor Clegane (part of Riverlands arc).

3. The Winds of Winter will be largely about these various revenge and reincarnation threads, with Freys and Boltons paying the consequences for ignoring guest rights, and the "changes" resulting from being brought back from the dead becoming apparent. So the show streamlined these threads to compress them into season 6 rather than going through the slower development of events found in the novels.

and yeah, Euron will attack Oldtown. There will be no warm fuzzy scene between Sam and his Dad...at most a moment where Sam stands up for himself and proves his worth.

Unfortunately I think they really ditched LS for good, Beric was enough to introduce resurrection by fire, red priest magic etc, not to mention we'll see a red priestess in Meereen too. They also showed 'resurrection' by ice with Hardhome. I also believe they kept Robert Strong/Qyburn because 1.they're going to do some damage in the books; 2. Qyburn was a former maester=good way to introduce the power of the Citadelle and what they did to the dragons

Archived