Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

More details about the TWOW theatre troupe are up at WOTW. There appears to be Izembaro, an actor playing Joffrey and an actor playing Ned Stark, so some sort of play riffing on Westeros goings-on is happening. Interestingly, no Bobono has been cast, which is strange, given that the play in TWOW revolves around Bobono's character.

Also in there is a casting description for a "young stunner"--brunette, 18-20, beautiful--shooting three scenes, including one "with a major twist." Filming already took place for this character. I think this is Lyanna Stark.

They might cast one of the Tyrion doubles from last season to be Bobono?

I thought the brunette is Margaery, since she has to appear in that wedding scene, but this casting call is a good excuse to cast Lyanna, I agree. What i don't understand is the need to specify the details of the play she is acting - "the major twist". Why should an actress auditioning for the role know about the twist? If it is Margaery, the twist will be her becoming widowed on the wedding day.

They might cast one of the Tyrion doubles from last season to be Bobono?
I thought the brunette is Margaery, since she has to appear in that wedding scene, but this casting call is a good excuse to cast Lyanna, I agree. What i don't understand is the need to specify the details of the play she is acting - "the major twist". Why should an actress auditioning for the role know about the twist? If it is Margaery, the twist will be her becoming widowed on the wedding day.

The 'young stunner' role is not part of the acting troupe, at least not according to WotW

Says:
"In addition to the theater characters, we also have:

Young Stunner. Aged 18 20. A stunner of a brunette. She has a couple of scenes, and a great final scene where there is a major twist. This role shot the week of August 5th in Belfast."

ETA: Plus this character has already shot her scenes in Belfast in Aug, where the theatre troupe are shooting this week in Spain and presumably indoor scenes in NI in November, so they are unrelated

The 'young stunner' role is not part of the acting troupe, at least not according to WotW

Says:
"In addition to the theater characters, we also have:

Young Stunner. Aged 18 20. A stunner of a brunette. She has a couple of scenes, and a great final scene where there is a major twist. This role shot the week of August 5th in Belfast."

Wow, I did not notice that. Thank you for pointing out.

Richard E Grant cast for unspecified role

http://watchersonthewall.com/richard-e-grant-joining-the-cast-of-game-of-thrones/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

This is amazing news. Definitely sounds like Izembaro, but he'd make a good Randyll Tarly as well, although maybe he's a bit thin.

He must be the biggest actor on the show after Sean Bean.

This is amazing news. Definitely sounds like Izembaro, but he'd make a good Randyll Tarly as well, although maybe he's a bit thin.

He must be the biggest actor on the show after Sean Bean.

I wonder why they haven't announced this yet - We came to know about important roles or big actors via official news - von Sydow, McShane, Euron(the day after the rumours started), even Stroma as Dickon. By official, I mean GoT FB page was quick to share the articles with the news. The casting of Richard E Grant became known via WoTW's Sue checking the ARG website.  So far, only the small actors' casting, like young Cersei and all were found out this way. What if Grant is playing some secret flashback character - like the mad King?

ETA: Ross Anderson is more suitable to play Izembaro/Manager - he is stocky and would be perfect to play 'drunk aristocrats' (Robert Baratheon). Grant can be 'mean' offstage as described in the casting call for Izembaro, but he is to lean. Tarly is described as lean in the books, and Mrs. Tarly's casting calls ask for a plump woman, so Grant could play Randyll Tarly despite being thin compared to both his sons. Though McShane would've been better for that role.

What about the mad king? I think Grant looks very much like he could be Harry Lloyds (Viserys) father, and he seems perfect for the role. I can really picture him with long tangled hair and uncut fingernails. And Ian McShane is a master of "killer put-downs" (remember Al Swearengen) so I'd really like to see him as Tarly.

is this a thread for spoilery speculations like previous iterations?

Wondering if we can discuss openly what recent info from filming might mean, like Maisie action sequences and Tyrell sightings.

It is now :) Discuss away

I'd guess the Tyrell soldiers have been assigned because of Meryn Trants death, Mace is probably attending the play, The Bloody Hand, we know he seems to enjoy music and theatre. At a guess he hires the troupe to take to Kings Landing, to perform before the court, Arya learning this decides it's her opportunity to get to Cersei and take another name off her list.

The chase sequences are her attempting to escape the FM and get back to the Mummers now boarded and ready to head for Westeros.

Those were my guesses but what's really confusing now is the rumours Arya is heading back to the Riverlands in S6. Whut?!?

ETA: Plus this character has already shot her scenes in Belfast in Aug, where the theatre troupe are shooting this week in Spain and presumably indoor scenes in NI in November, so they are unrelated

Lyanna !

It is now :) Discuss away

awesome. thx! :)

Arya chased with bloody knife oh my! I am pretty excited now for her story. It is looking something like this:

She is blind in Braavos. Hopefully she has wolf dreams and wargs a cat. She gets beat up by Waif while blind. Eventually regains her sight, either before or after doing some swimming in a canal - maybe rescuing Sam? Looking for Needle?

Then around episode 8 she is running for her life, and maybe joining a travelling theatre troup to escape and get to Westeros.

In KL she performs for the Tyrells in a play that mocks the Lannisters? Then on to the Riverlands in the final episodes?

Mother of Mountains - quite sure the Tyrell soldiers are KL not Braavos, and so is the play.

awesome. thx! :)

Arya chased with bloody knife oh my! I am pretty excited now for her story. It is looking something like this:

She is blind in Braavos. Hopefully she has wolf dreams and wargs a cat. She gets beat up by Waif while blind. Eventually regains her sight, either before or after doing some swimming in a canal - maybe rescuing Sam? Looking for Needle?

I really doubt she's ever going to Warg, D&D have been quite clear that they want to keep that ability special. Jon never will either.

Then around episode 8 she is running for her life, and maybe joining a travelling theatre troup to escape and get to Westeros.

In KL she performs for the Tyrells in a play that mocks the Lannisters? Then on to the Riverlands in the final episodes?

Mother of Mountains - quite sure the Tyrell soldiers are KL not Braavos, and so is the play.

Quite sure? Why? Sure it could happen that way round but why?

I really doubt she's ever going to Warg, D&D have been quite clear that they want to keep that ability special. Jon never will either.Quite sure? Why? Sure it could happen that way round but why?

Because Mace's mission to Braavos is either over or almost over, and nothing else is there to be done. He is not going to get a loan for Tommen. He is going home with empty hands...probably immediately because he hears about his kids' arrests. and,

Girona is being used for KL scenes this year, which is a much more likely place to find Tyrell soldiers. and,

Word has it Arya will be in the Riverlands at some point this season and she is being chased by the waif in episode 8, still in Braavos. So she needs to scoot over to Westeros for the last two episodes somehow, and the travelling theatre troup is very likely how that happens. The troupe is doing a play mocking the Lannisters, so it stands to reason IMO that the Tyrells have come out on top for the moment and are enjoying their defeat of Cersei with a bit of mocking entertainment, to serve them a bit of their own medicine (5 kings pantomime)

on Arya warging- I completely fail to understand the logic of people convinced she will not warg. There are plenty of wildling wargs in the show; almost every scouting group had one it seems. So it is clearly not reserved for Bran. And Arya's book story very much involves warging. Having her do it in the show too does not make it unspecial, rather it is a logical extension of the fact that she had a wolf. All of the Starks warging is in fact special because it makes them a "pack" and that is the essence of their specialness, and how they stay connected in the end, in spite of their different paths.

Archived