Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I'm pretty sure the Horn Hill scenes are confirmed to be filmed by the guy directing episodes 5-6, so Sam is definitely in Westeros earlier than that.

Even if we didn't know that, there's no way Arya traveling with Sam would work.  What would Sam do all season?  The show already covered essentially all the important points of his AFFC travelogue arc in Season 5.

So Sam is with his parents roughly around the time the Kingsmoot takes place? Interesting. Would be a nice parallel buildup to have Euron raid Horn Hill and do to the Tarly family what he did to that other lord in the books. The way the show is streamlining characters I can imagine D&D going for this.

A bit far fetched, I know, but with Arya returning to Westeros by episode 9 or 10 maybe she takes over the LSH part? From her development into a psycho killer and her FM training that would fit better than Sansa becoming LSH, wouldn't it? That would also work with Nymeria and her pack.

Some possible White Walker involvement-

http://watchersonthewall.com/white-walker-unit-sets-to-work-on-the-game-of-thrones-season-6-finale/

On that subject, why do people keep speculating that the Wall will fall because Jon is busy fighting the Boltons? If the White Walkers breach the Wall or attack, there is nothing Jon could do anyway. If the White Walkers decide to attack the Wall, I doubt it matters who is commanding there (Thorne, Edd or Jon). Fair enough, if he leaves the Wall completely unmanned and without any defense. 

However, Jon (and the Wildlings) not being at the Wall when it falls is actually a good thing. It means they won't be turned into wights or killed in the crush. Instead they will have a stronger base (Winterfell), more men and will have (hopefully) dealt with the Boltons so the Long Night won't be made 10 times worse by a divided North. 

I just don't understand how Jon being at the Wall would make a difference?  They would still attack if he was there and the outcome would most likely be the same. The men have no dragon glass or dragons, they are doomed anyway. 

Some possible White Walker involvement-

http://watchersonthewall.com/white-walker-unit-sets-to-work-on-the-game-of-thrones-season-6-finale/

On that subject, why do people keep speculating that the Wall will fall because Jon is busy fighting the Boltons? If the White Walkers breach the Wall or attack, there is nothing Jon could do anyway. If the White Walkers decide to attack the Wall, I doubt it matters who is commanding there (Thorne, Edd or Jon). Fair enough, if he leaves the Wall completely unmanned and without any defense. 

However, Jon (and the Wildlings) not being at the Wall when it falls is actually a good thing. It means they won't be turned into wights or killed in the crush. Instead they will have a stronger base (Winterfell), more men and will have (hopefully) dealt with the Boltons so the Long Night won't be made 10 times worse by a divided North. 

I just don't understand how Jon being at the Wall would make a difference?  They would still attack if he was there and the outcome would most likely be the same. The men have no dragon glass or dragons, they are doomed anyway. 

If you judge this by White Walker unit...doesn't mean it will involve White Walkers. Much like Dragon unit is not all about Dany and her storyline. Or Wolf unit not about Starks. They could film anything, but it's reasonable to suggest WW will make their move.

Jon is sworn to fight WW and protect the realms of men. Not to fight Boltons. While he would try to do a good thing gather more men, supply and allies to fight WW. It would be classic GOT style if while he fights Boltons and vene wins it, WW would make their move and breach the Wall. Of course they need North and their people to fight them, but I can imagine a lot of them will die in this battle and thus be weaker for WW invasion.

If you judge this by White Walker unit...doesn't mean it will involve White Walkers. Much like Dragon unit is not all about Dany and her storyline. Or Wolf unit not about Starks. They could film anything, but it's reasonable to suggest WW will make their move.

Jon is sworn to fight WW and protect the realms of men. Not to fight Boltons. While he would try to do a good thing gather more men, supply and allies to fight WW. It would be classic GOT style if while he fights Boltons and vene wins it, WW would make their move and breach the Wall. Of course they need North and their people to fight them, but I can imagine a lot of them will die in this battle and thus be weaker for WW invasion.

Fighting the Boltons rather than remaining at the Wall would still not matter.One man does not make a difference. Protecting the realms of men means nothing if you are just waiting at the Wall (with not enough men) for sure defeat. This would actually be a disservice because the realm is still extremely ignorant towards the real threat. All of Jon's letters were rejected and no one is taking it serious. What happens if the White Walkers breach the Wall and take the North completely by surprise? They won't stand a chance and the Night's Watch will be blamed (and rightfully so) for not alerting everyone of the seriousness of the threat. 

Usually, the Warden of the the North can be relied on to help but the Bolton's don't have the same relationship House Stark has with the Watch. In order for the Watch to be efficient, Winterfell must be an ally. 

I think they set this up nicely in Season 5 with this scene-  http://iheartgot.tumblr.com/post/118294101187/i-sworn-to-stay-clear-of-the-politics-of-the-seven

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Davos who convinces Jon to ditch the Wall and rally the North. 

I think you are right about the victory (hopefully) against the Boltons being short lived. Jon will have turned his back (thinking it to be only momentarily?) on the Wall to pursue his quest of 'protecting the realms of men' but I don't think it will be a mistake on his part.

That being said, for all we know, it might actually stem down to his loyalty towards his family, rather than his duty? So who knows? :)

So Sam is with his parents roughly around the time the Kingsmoot takes place? Interesting. Would be a nice parallel buildup to have Euron raid Horn Hill and do to the Tarly family what he did to that other lord in the books. The way the show is streamlining characters I can imagine D&D going for this.

They only filmed at the Hornhill location for a few days, and nothing so elaborate as that.

Looks like Jaime is in Kings Landing in Episode 6, if Watchers are right he will not reach the Riverlands until Episode 7 or 8.

Arya seems to be doing her dash from Braavos in episode 8, seems a bit late for it all to come together for the big episode 10 moment. (episode 9 being the war for the North?)

Also, I would expect Dany finally leaving Meereen to be the big bit of episode 10, the massacre of the Freys would overshadow that a bit. Have to say I'm baffled. If Watchers are right and they are both going the Riverlands, the abundance of Freys seem to suggest they are right, it seems too fast to set up Red Wedding 2: Even Redder. Unless that is the grand opening of season 7?

Javi from L7R talked (sarcastically) about Jaime lending LF jetpack from last season and by the end of season 6 he will be very far away from Riverrun or Riverlands all toghether...which is interesting. Sue said something on this. KL but why? North? Vale?

Some news about Littlefinger, Winterfell and the whole North plot.

http://watchersonthewall.com/exclusive-new-game-of-thrones-season-6-spoiler-report-from-winterfell/

Apprently there is a scene with Jon, Ramsay, Sansa and LF in the courtyard of Winterfell and this scene contains tension. What else to expect when these characters will meet. At this point Giant tries to enter the castle well Winterfell. This is probably after the battle, because why would Jon or Sansa go there alone. Well, only if Jon is trying to reason with them. But why would he, when it's clear that he needs to get the rid off them from the North. It sounds like really interesting and it raises so many questions.

Sansa slaying the giant inside the snow castle. Is she going to literally kill a giant?

Ramsay still alive and what the heck Jon? Where is Vale army? Jon is captive with Sansa or what?

News about Ramsay dying and taking Ghost with were prematured or Wun Wun dying in the battle along with Tormund and others. Or at least Wun Wun is alive and Tormund might be killed by Ramsay. Our Mary Sue villain. raped Sansa, burned Winterfell, flaying people totally everywhere and of course he will escape from the battle against Jon. Roose seems goner in all likelihood.

Winter is Coming speculated that it is a Wight Giant.  The WW's intrude on a meeting of the North in epic fashion.  That seems a safe bet, because otherwise I can't imagine why a Giant would be attacking a meeting that Jon is involved in. 

Also, the whole Sansa slaying a Giant outside Winterfell....I am now 99% sure that LF will lose his head outside WF.  That is one interpretation of that prophecy that I convinced myself was just too satisfying to ever come true, but with the way events are unfolding I actually think it will happen.  Taking an army North will be the last mistake LF ever makes  :D  

Winter is Coming speculated that it is a Wight Giant.  The WW's intrude on a meeting of the North in epic fashion.  That seems a safe bet, because otherwise I can't imagine why a Giant would be attacking a meeting that Jon is involved in. 

Also, the whole Sansa slaying a Giant outside Winterfell....I am now 99% sure that LF will lose his head outside WF.  That is one interpretation of that prophecy that I convinced myself was just too satisfying to ever come true, but with the way events are unfolding I actually think it will happen.  Taking an army North will be the last mistake LF ever makes  :D  

WiC is obsessed with WW being at the battle, but so far zero, zilch, nada, nothing indicates of their presence at the battle. First of all the Wall needs to go down and it's unlikely to happen before this episode. Sound like a typical ep.9 or 10 moment. Vale troops might be there at the end. I can see Wun Wun attacking them only if something goes wrong and he try to rescue them.

It could be literal or like you said LF or perhaps even Ramsay. LF, Cersei and others will slowly needs to make the way for WW being the biggest enemy.

I think I'm one of the few that believes Villains WILL still be around even when the WW come in mass.   I don't think it's just going to be heroes/good people, middle of the road characters.   I think some reprehensible people will be left to deal with the WW as well.    

Jon/Sansa/Ramsay/Littlefinger all in Winterfell together makes me think this is AFTER the BIG battle.   Sounds like some sort of parlay is being arranged between the parties before the get together gets crashed.

I think it's the latter half of the season because LF is there.  My guess is terms for a truce are being arranged, with certain parties planning a double cross in one way or another.

This all seems very exciting.

There are lot of pro and cons for to be before or after battle. Some of the villains will be alive. I can see Walder, Roose or Cersei biting it. LF is tough to say, but in my mind Sansa was always the one to bring him down. Not just because of her slaying the giant and you know that his house sigil is Titan Of Braavos, a stone giant.

I think I'm one of the few that believes Villains WILL still be around even when the WW come in mass.   I don't think it's just going to be heroes/good people, middle of the road characters.   I think some reprehensible people will be left to deal with the WW as well.

I absolutely agree, hope and believe this. How unrealistic, simplistic, inconsistent and dull would it be if we were left with even half of a book of the Chosen Ones seeing off inhuman monsters? That would resemble the worst aspects of Harry Potter

Some human competition has to live, especially if the gloomily supernatural bit is to be made interesting, not just fantasy schlock. I want to see Ramsay fighting heroically against the White Walkers, etc

I'd rather see Roose Bolton alive than Ramsay. There is no way Ramsay survives the battle of Ice. After abusing Sansa, flaying lords, etc. someone is bound to kill him. His character has no place in the endgame. 

The Jon/Sansa/Littlefinger/Ramsay meeting has to be before the battle. Or if after, it should be Ramsay's execution.

Would it be crazy to hope that it's for Ramsay's execution post-battle, and that when they get interrupted by the giant Sansa just goes "fuck this shit", grabs an axe and buries it in Ramsay's neck? :D

I doubt the meeting would happen before the battle, unless Littlefinger somehow managed to talk Ramsay into meeting with his wife and the Lord Commander or the Night's Watch. Which I don't find particularly realistic. I believe this meeting would happen after the battle, with Ramsay somehow having ran away with his tail between his legs for the safety of Winterfell's walls. I can kind of see how Sansa might be the reason Ramsay even accepts some type of parley (as in, he wants to get her back and thinks to seize the opportunity to kill Jon as well, not actually being interested in peace) and Littlefinger being the mediator/slimy bastard trying to get on Jon's good side. Probably backed up by a Vale army somewhere. Or perhaps the northern lords on the side of the Boltons decide to give Ramsay to Jon for execution, but then we should be seeing their actors there as well. Someone was unexpectedly changing sides, right?

However it goes down, Ramsay needs to die, and I very much hope that Sansa gets to taunt him a bit before that.

I still think this meeting is largely going to be about Ramsay's men.   This whole thing is going to seem like a waste to Jon, considering what he knows is coming.   He's going to want to preserve every bit of man power he can and for him that's going to take precedent over dynastic struggles and grudges and the comfort of Sansa Stark.

Apparently Ian McShane gave a hint about his role that to book readers might be more confirmation than anything else.

http://popgoesthenews.com/2015/11/12/exclusive-ian-mcshane-offers-hint-about-game-of-thrones-role/

He's "responsible for bringing somebody back that you think you’re never going to see again" so my guess is he's bringing back the Hound. Praise the Seven!

Archived