Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

11 hours ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Jon's resurrection will be the final scene of episode 1. The whole purpose of the first episode in particular is to hook the watcher, to make them come back for episode 2. There is no greater hook than that.

Apparently the first scene of season six is Jon Snow, I am guessing Mel finding his body.  The question is does she bring him back straight away or is there is some sort of funeral/chaos with the wildlings first.  

I'm assuming people will have to know that he does for them to accept his nights watch vows are fulfilled.

2 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Jon wasn't the only cliffhanger end of season 5. People are waiting to hear the fates of several other characters as well. So part of the answer is there are lots of other locations to cover.

The rest of the answer is that there will be scenes with Mel. Mel and Davos, Mel and Tormund maybe. Tormund and other wildlings. State of the Watch after Jon's murder. There is, frankly, a lot to cover at the Wall that is not necessarily Jon's "rebirth".

No, but Jon is 95% of the obsession this off season. Every actor from every story arc is constantly asked about one thing. No one's being drilled with questions like "Is Arya going to stay blind?!!?"..."Is Myrcella really dead?!?"

Still didn't answer what they're going to do with Jon while this is happening. I'd love to see some slow boil build to the resurrection, but I just don't see him laying on a slab for very long. This show is not that nuanced...and I'm not trying to knock it. We just have 5 seasons under our belts and should know better.

26 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

No, but Jon is 95% of the obsession this off season. Every actor from every story arc is constantly asked about one thing. No one's being drilled with questions like "Is Arya going to stay blind?!!?"..."Is Myrcella really dead?!?"

Still didn't answer what they're going to do with Jon while this is happening. I'd love to see some slow boil build to the resurrection, but I just don't see him laying on a slab for very long. This show is not that nuanced...and I'm not trying to knock it. We just have 5 seasons under our belts and should know better.

I don't see wht that means the show needs to answer the question immediately.

There are so many other things they can do to draw out the tension, and it doesn't make sense to do it too early when there is not enough context.

As for Jon, he's on ice. His corpse might appear. Or not. Doesn't matter if they are doing other context.

On ‎31‎. ‎1‎. ‎2016 at 1:10 PM, kissdbyfire said:

And the guy who played Brandon kinda looked like Sean Bean. It would have been nice to see the scene.

Indeed he does. Shame it didn't make the cut for time issues, but never say never. In fact I would like to see original pilot and compare it to what was filmed after that.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Indeed he does. Shame it didn't make the cut for time issues, but never say never. In fact I would like to see original pilot and compare it to what was filmed after that.

Who was the actor that played Brandon? And do you know what the scene would have consisted of?

3 minutes ago, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Who was the actor that played Brandon? And do you know what the scene would have consisted of?

Mainly it was focused on Brandon's death trying to reach longsword to save his father, Aerys laughing in the background. We don't know the name of the actor that played Brandon, but he looks fairly close to Sean Bean. This was part of the original pilot that was 90% reshooted, but they kept some scenes and this was one of them. Maybe the resemblence with Sean Bean was the difference. It is unknown if Rickard was ever casted. Well, probably only screams were heard without showing him. Only known actor was Liam Burke and he played Aerys.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Mainly it was focused on Brandon's death trying to reach longsword to save his father, Aerys laughing in the background. We don't know the name of the actor that played Brandon, but he looks fairly close to Sean Bean. This was part of the original pilot that was 90% reshooted, but they kept some scenes and this was one of them. Maybe the resemblence with Sean Bean was the difference. It is unknown if Rickard was ever casted. Well, probably only screams were heard without showing him. Only known actor was Liam Burke and he played Aerys.

Is there any way to watch this?

On 1/2/2016 at 10:45 AM, Hrokkan of Skagos said:

Is there any way to watch this?

Not the whole scene:. You can see a glimpse here at 1:38. Click 1:35 to not miss it. It goes by quick. And I'm sure it was played by the stunt double for Sean Bean.

On 2/1/2016 at 6:03 PM, White Harbors Wrath said:

I would say keeping Jon dead for too long, is the exact opposite of being nuanced.

Keeping Jon dead for as long as possible, would just be transparent. It would just seem like they are creating drama for the sake of drama. Just look at what happened with The Walking Dead, I dont even watch the show, but I know that people where pissed off for pretending the character was dead for a few episodes, when everyone basically knew he wasn't dead. Some people think that to stretch out the pretense of a character's death makes for a good twist, but when it happens in reality it is anything but a good twist. 

A lot of people already think that Jon will be resurrected, if they drag it out for too long then it just becomes indulgent. Jon would have to be resurrected quite early. It also makes more sense within this universe, as those who are resurrected becomes more corrupted the longer it takes to resurrect them. Jon would at the very least, have to be resurrected by the 2nd or 3rd episode. 

4 hours ago, Boudica said:

I would say keeping Jon dead for too long, is the exact opposite of being nuanced.

Keeping Jon dead for as long as possible, would just be transparent. It would just seem like they are creating drama for the sake of drama. Just look at what happened with The Walking Dead, I dont even watch the show, but I know that people where pissed off for pretending the character was dead for a few episodes, when everyone basically knew he wasn't dead. Some people think that to stretch out the pretense of a character's death makes for a good twist, but when it happens in reality it is anything but a good twist. 

A lot of people already think that Jon will be resurrected, if they drag it out for too long then it just becomes indulgent. Jon would have to be resurrected quite early. It also makes more sense within this universe, as those who are resurrected becomes more corrupted the longer it takes to resurrect them. Jon would at the very least, have to be resurrected by the 2nd or 3rd episode. 

You know that millions of fans or much larger group of fans don't go to internet and search for Jon Snow clues. No, they only watch the show.

On 2/7/2016 at 11:52 PM, Lord Friendzone said:

You know that millions of fans or much larger group of fans don't go to internet and search for Jon Snow clues. No, they only watch the show.

Of course that is true. But there are also a lot of people who dont follow the show on the internet who still thinks Jon will be back. 

In any event, people think Jon's resurrection should be delayed because it would make some people more nervous that he might not be coming back. But if you are the type of fan who dont follow any off season spoilers, or you dont participate in any deeper discussions about the show, and you already think Jon is dead, then a delay just defies the purpose. It will not create more tension if you already believe that Jon is dead, it would just be a surprise that he is back. 

So if they are delaying Jon's resurrection to create more tension then they are actually doing it for the people who do believe he will come back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where else to ask this.

Is there any proof that Sam actually gets to Oldtown this season? The more I think about it the more I don't believe it will happen until S7. He could maybe make it by the last two episodes so I wonder if there is any proof of it being filmed.

33 minutes ago, xanman said:

Not sure where else to ask this.

Is there any proof that Sam actually gets to Oldtown this season? The more I think about it the more I don't believe it will happen until S7. He could maybe make it by the last two episodes so I wonder if there is any proof of it being filmed.

There is proof he has a scene at Oldtown with a novice or maester of some sort, but nothing extensive. Chances are that just like the books he touches down at Oldtown then makes his way to Horn Hill with Gilly.

It is very likely the main Oldtown action is season 7 yes.

On 2/1/2016 at 10:27 AM, Hippocras said:

I don't see wht that means the show needs to answer the question immediately.

There are so many other things they can do to draw out the tension, and it doesn't make sense to do it too early when there is not enough context.

As for Jon, he's on ice. His corpse might appear. Or not. Doesn't matter if they are doing other context.

Liam Cunningham mentioning in an interview Mel doing something...

The first episode to kick off with [Melisandre] – without saying anything again – is astonishing. There’s absolutely amazing stuff coming up, just so left of field.

18 minutes ago, dsug said:

Some casting stuff. A Karstark. A little girl involved in a scene with Cersei, Qyburn, and Pycelle.

http://watchersonthewall.com/a-new-karstark-cast-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

I'm assuming that the girl is either one of Vary's little bird or the child that Qyburn might be torturing, her replacing the Storkworth in the book. After all, there was a scene between Qyburn and Pycelle.

7 hours ago, dsug said:

Some casting stuff. A Karstark. A little girl involved in a scene with Cersei, Qyburn, and Pycelle. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/a-new-karstark-cast-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Looks like the Karstarks have allied with the Boltons. http://tumblrofthrones.tumblr.com/image/140302683988

14 hours ago, dsug said:

Could the little girl be a faceless women (Arya perhaps?) On a mission?

21 hours ago, Aniel said:

Looks like the Karstarks have allied with the Boltons. http://tumblrofthrones.tumblr.com/image/140302683988

I remember that there were several conflicting spoilers coming out around the time the Battle of the Bastards was filmed about who was allied with whom. It'd be nice to go back and see who was telling the truth and discern other spoilers that way.

User docmantistobogan on Reddit claims to have worked on Season 6 and started posting alleged spoilers on Season 6 a few months ago. He/she claims to have been the one to post the picture of the shieldmen from the battle filming. His/her substantive spoilers were the following, posted in chronological order:

1. "Sansa will at some point meet Jon and Littlefinger. They play a part in the battle."

2. "House Mormont, Stark, Hornwood, The Wildlings, House Mazin (show specific?) and assorted 'Northern Allies' versus House Bolton, Karstark, Umber, and Sellswords at the northern battle. The army of the Vale joins in toward the end of the battle." [Note from me: House Mazin is named after Craig Mazin, the guy who told D&D they had a big problem after they showed him the original pilot. This was posted four months ago.]

3. "[Brienne's] not at the battle of the bastards. She is at the siege at Riverrun, though."

4. "The shot of Ramsay is from the beginning of the battle in episode 9."

5. "It's not that the Night's Watch won't accept him. It's because he died and was resurrected - so his watch was ended. Don't expect those who stabbed him to be alive for very long."

6. On the burning figure on the cross: "That's not Rickon. He is in the battle, though, in a way."

7. On the prediction that Mel will burn Rickon: "Doesn't happen."

8. "I worked on season six. Some of the most ambitious scenes yet created are coming up, don't worry about it - you ain't seen nothing yet."

9. To a commenter saying that he'd doubt the Karstarks and Umbers would put up with Northern children being burned: "You'd be surprised."

10. "[Rickon] hasn't been recast. But he isn't on the crosses."

For deaths in the Northern storyline, this is what this user claims will happen:

Spoiler

Ramsay will die - Rickon Stark will die - Osha the wildling will die - the four people who stabbed Jon will die - Roose Bolton will die - Smalljon Umber will die. It is known - I guarantee it.

From what this user is saying, it sounds as if this is what happens:

Spoiler

The Umbers sell out Rickon and Osha to the Boltons and switch sides. Rickon and Osha are executed, either by the Umbers or the Boltons. They are not on the crosses, but Rickon's dead body does make an appearance in the battle in some other fashion, maybe as some other kind of prop. The "in a way" is what gets me.

To be fair, this has already been speculated to be the case. I guess we'll see.

7 hours ago, Newstar said:

6. On the burning figure on the cross: "That's not Rickon. He is in the battle, though, in a way."

From what this user is saying, it sounds as if this is what happens:

Hide contents

The Umbers sell out Rickon and Osha to the Boltons and switch sides. Rickon and Osha are executed, either by the Umbers or the Boltons. They are not on the crosses, but Rickon's dead body does make an appearance in the battle in some other fashion, maybe as some other kind of prop. The "in a way" is what gets me.

To be fair, this has already been speculated to be the case. I guess we'll see.

"In a way" feels to me like he might be there, in Shaggydog's skin. Though since the show hasn't shown any warging going on with the children who aren't Bran it might be farfetched. Depending on how the show deals with Jon however, revealing the warging skills of the Starks might still happen in the show? Arya is blind right now, she might be in a prime position for borrowing someone's eyes, or seeing things in the Riverlands... And Rickon must have heard what little knowledge Jojen had to impart on Bran about warging before so in a way he's got an edge over Arya in the warging department. Season 6 seems like the perfect time to start exploring the warging abilities of the other kids, if the show wants to.

Spoiler

If the Umbers did sell him and Osha out, Ramsay might not have killed him before the battle. He'd want to know where Bran went, and maybe he wants a new Reek. Killing Jon and Sansa would probably give him a great opportunity to um... Reek-ify Rickon. Since Ramsay in all likelihood dies, I don't think Rickon will end up getting the same treatment Theon did. I wouldn't be surprised if the show decided to threaten us with that.

Archived