Sansa's future

Onime

I know it's a popular theory that Sansa will either kill LF herself or will be his downfall, but how will her character develop?

For my part, I'd like her to become a player (of the GoT) in her own right. She has the right name, the right look and isn't stupid. Wouldn't it be great seeing an ambitious, sly and unhonorable Stark (I know strange combination. lol) trying to stabilize and expand her power in North and South? Would make her, House Stark and the story more interesting for me.

Well she is not one of george big five that make it to the end. So she dies or goes crazy or something. Im wondering how george will kill her off, but that could be a thread in itself

I advise reading these series of Books, called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and drawing conclusions from there, for future references.

I advise reading these series of Books, called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and drawing conclusions from there, for future references.

Catty! Sansa could die, she could go crazy. Nothing in the books that says that will not happen. Some people don't like Sansa. Some people don't like Arya. You just have to let the hate just pass you by. The only character no one hates is Davos. Everyone loves Davos. Anyone who says otherwise lies.

Sansa is a parrot, she learns and repeats, she has learned the Game of Thrones and will now repeat it. She will play herself to Queendom, contributing to the fall of Aegon, Dany and finally Cersei when she and Tyrion defeat Cersei in a Great Council vote. She will win the vote by selling herself as the good wife who held strong in her belief in the Faith and her husband, that Tyrion is a reformed man forgiven in the name of the Faith, and together they're the picture perfect example of marital bliss as the Faith intended. And because her uncle will lead one Great House, her cousin the other, her brother in law another, her husband's friend the crownlands and in the eyes of the South she herself really should speak for another great house.

She will rule the realm through Tyrion, who will be her pawn.

Then she will then betray Tyrion to Jon when Jon marches South. She will come to understand Jon marches with a purpose more important than her desire for Southron power and pageantry, and choose Stark over Lannister, North over South, plotting to have Tyrion defeated by Jon.

After, she will disappear as Jaime suggests. Sansa didn't want to play the game, she became a player because she's a parrot and that's what she was taught. When she disappears and leaves her throne behind, she completes her arc, doing not what she was taught, but what she wanted, choosing her own path.

Regarding Sandor, it's a role reversal. Tyrion is the husband she must endure and Sandor the sacrifice she must give up for her Queenhood. By the end, when she realises she doesn't want to be queen and the power, and just wants to leave it all behind and take Sandor with her, Sandor will have become a True Knight, who will not break vows (or turn his back on the realm when the apocalypse is coming) to run away with her. It started she was too good for him, too innocent and pure, and she refused to run away with him because he frightened her, by the end it will be the opposite.

Catty! Sansa could die, she could go crazy. Nothing in the books that says that will not happen. Some people don't like Sansa. Some people don't like Arya. You just have to let the hate just pass you by. The only character no one hates is Davos. Everyone loves Davos. Anyone who says otherwise lies.

I don't like Davos, and I've put off rerereading his chapters to make me more invested in his chapters :drunk:

It doesn't seem that Martin's intention was to make Sansa dishonorable, it was to put her in between the Starks and Lannisters, where she ultimately chooses her son and the Lannisters over her family of Starks.

"Each of the contending families will learn it has a member of dubious loyalty in its midst. Sansa Stark, wed to Joffrey Baratheon, will bear him a son, the heir to the throne, and when the crunch comes she will choose her husband and child over her parents and siblings, a choice she will later bitterly rue. Tyrion Lannister, meanwhile, will befriend both Sansa and her sister Arya, while growing more and more disenchanted with his family."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9AcWENIAAAkSza.jpg

I hate Davos. To hell with that onion smuggling jerk.

Sansa will continue to play into Littlefinger's schemes while making some plans of her own. The student will become the master.

Due to LF's scheming she will end up Aegon's queen. If she manages to conceive before Aegon is killed she might rule for her son or daughter, but if that child is threatened (which would be all but certain) she'll claim the kid isn't really Aegon's (new monarch probably won't care).

Not sure exactly where she drops LF, but she'll outlive him for sure.

Then after the worst is over, if she's alive she'll settle down someplace nice--maybe Highgarden (which the Tyrells have probably lost by that point)--and marry someone who's not remotely interested in "the game" and will love her and her baby unconditionally. Having seen all of what she once dreamed of, she now prefers something real and honest. She never gets into politics again beyond a local level.

Sansa will continue to play into Littlefinger's schemes while making some plans of her own. The student will become the master.

Due to LF's scheming she will end up Aegon's queen. If she manages to conceive before Aegon is killed she might rule for her son or daughter, but if that child is threatened (which would be all but certain) she'll claim the kid isn't really Aegon's (new monarch probably won't care).

Not sure exactly where she drops LF, but she'll outlive him for sure.

Then after the worst is over, if she's alive she'll settle down someplace nice--maybe Highgarden (which the Tyrells have probably lost by that point)--and marry someone who's not remotely interested in "the game" and will love her and her baby unconditionally. Having seen all of what she once dreamed of, she now prefers something real and honest. She never gets into politics again beyond a local level.

Keep in mind, it is still widely known that she is married to Tyrion still, so unless Tyrion dies or the marriage is annulled, I don't believe she'll become anyone's queen. Of course Tyrion is considered a traitor now, so who knows what that means for their marriage.

SevasTra82 said:

Keep in mind, it is still widely known that she is married to Tyrion still, so unless Tyrion dies or the marriage is annulled, I don't believe she'll become anyone's queen. Of course Tyrion is considered a traitor now, so who knows what that means for their marriage.

I've taken that into consideration actually. Just didn't want to hog the thread by putting in every detail of how it's going to work out. Short version is after the trial of seven that clears her of the regicide charge, she gets her annulment because at that point she'll be safe to do so.

I know it's a popular theory that Sansa will either kill LF herself or will be his downfall, but how will her character develop?

For my part, I'd like her to become a player (of the GoT) in her own right. She has the right name, the right look and isn't stupid. Wouldn't it be great seeing an ambitious, sly and unhonorable Stark (I know strange combination. lol) trying to stabilize and expand her power in North and South? Would make her, House Stark and the story more interesting for me.

It's so hard to say. From what little we know about season 5, you could wonder if Sansa will be LF's ally in the show. Which isn't the same plot is the books, but you wonder if maybe she will ally with LF in the books as well? It is so hard to say what Sansa will do.

After reading the original draft, I got the idea that some of the early Arya is now in Sansa's plotline. I don't think she will die any time soon. I see her more linked to politics and 'the game' than any other character. Also, every Stark kid is now being trained. Sansa by Littlefinger, Arya by the Faceless Men and Bran by Bloodraven. Rickon doesn't count, unless he's being trained by Osha. :lol:

Archived