Small Questions v. 10096

Rhaenys_Targaryen

thank you, it makes sense that it was selective as the mountain doesn't seem the type to take that kind of bad mouthing without some sort of retaliation and now onto the Elder brother part, even on his death bed i don't feel that Sandor would be big on last words and regret speeches, don't you think it sounds a lot out of character?

He most definitely would have made some kind of confession before purifying himself, that's the most logical thing ever, and not out of character at all.

For the Hound yes, but if Sandor is the grave digger, and I think we should assume he is, that sort of confession would be very much in character, no?

i also think sandor is the grave digger and that is what i was going to go onto next, when the elder brother tells brienne about sandor, he clearly labels him by his name until his death where correct me if i am wrong he says "the hound died in my arms"

second point, he has been on the island for over ten years is it? how would he know that Sandor was with Arya stark instead of Sansa stark?

third point, also when talking to brienne the elder brother says all he lived for was killing his brother and oberyn took that away but i dont see him rolling over and dieing at that point, i see him finding a new path in life dont you agree?

also to throw another question out there, with the introduction of Robert Strong the kingsguard is now once again at seven members which coincidently the number needed for a trial by seven (duh!), the faith militant has just be re-established so after that would it be so far fetched that they may bring back the trial to and use it on cersei?

we know they aren't all exactly in fighting positions but don't their vows state they have to serve despite mental or physical ailment? could the faith use this to there advantage

^ that's my point, he seemed to be telling the elder brother way to much stuff for this to be a last breath moment, it sounds more like he is taking part in a confession and rebirth

Well, this is an epic fantasy novel not real life. The author is telling a story not recounting a hisory of actual events. Keep in mind Sandor was riding about the Riverlands with over 300 pounds of gold coins stuffed in his pockets. We readers have to gloss over some of the small details or the whole thing collapses.

Well, this is an epic fantasy novel not real life. The author is telling a story not recounting a hisory of actual events. Keep in mind Sandor was riding about the Riverlands with over 300 pounds of gold coins stuffed in his pockets. We readers have to gloss over some of the small details or the whole thing collapses.

that gold was taken by the brotherhood without banners wasn't it? and IMO GRRM writes every little detail for a reason and nothing should be overlooked

that gold was taken by the brotherhood without banners wasn't it? and IMO GRRM writes every little detail for a reason and nothing should be overlooked

Yeap 9,000 gold coins taken by the Brotherhood. Sandor was riding by himself with one horse. You would need at least two pack animals to transport that much weight. I agree that the George leaves a lot of windows open on purpose, which is one of the most fascinating things about this saga, but sometimes he just doesn't think through the logistics sufficiently, and that's ok.

Yeap 9,000 gold coins taken by the Brotherhood. Sandor was riding by himself with one horse. You would need at least two pack animals to transport that much weight. I agree that the George leaves a lot of windows open on purpose, which is one of the most fascinating things about this saga, but sometimes he just doesn't think through the logistics sufficiently, and that's ok.

didn't sandor win 40'000 at the hands tourney and we don't know the size of the coins and so i think we may have overestimated the weight of them and underestimated the strength of Stranger although i do totally agree that logical moments may fall upon death ears in Georges case

if a horse can carry the mountain then i think it could carry the hound and his gold

Why Victarion and Euron are called Lords here http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Battle_of_Fair_Isle - king Balon gave them titles during rebellion. Vic is Lord Captain of Iron Fleet so it's ok but Euron? Any source?

Not that I recall.. Euron is a lord now, after Balon´s death (in addition to being king), so that's why they might have put "Lord" in front of Euron. Victarion is the Lord Captain, and is called "lord" on occasion, so perhaps the editor of that page gave Victarion the title for that reason.

Not that I recall.. Euron is a lord now, after Balon´s death (in addition to being king), so that's why they might have put "Lord" in front of Euron. Victarion is the Lord Captain, and is called "lord" on occasion, so perhaps the editor of that page gave Victarion the title for that reason.

Maybe we should change it on Wiki.

I can't do it now as I'm on the phone now. ( phone-editing of wiki pages is dangerous)

Why didn't Jon Conn just lop off a fingertip? That could easily be put down to a mishap with a dagger. Just for plot purposes?

Because they were four fingers, at some already passed the second knuckle. Jon Con asks himself, "how do I explain two missing fingers?" It isn't just the tips for all.. and even if it was, explain accidentally cutting off all four of your fingertips in one accident....

Because they were four fingers, at some already passed the second knuckle. Jon Con asks himself, "how do I explain two missing fingers?" It isn't just the tips for all.. and even if it was, explain accidentally cutting off all four of your fingertips in one accident....

This was after they had taken Griffin's Roost. Why not as soon as he realized back in Volantis? It would have been just two fingertips, at that point. Arrrgh. Though it would not necessarily stop the disease from spreading.

Archived