[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

The papers business really stuck out to me, it seemed odd to mention it which makes me think that it is important. I like your suggestion that someone had snuck in there. My initial thought was slightly different to yours, I thought if it was somehow significant that LF had a list of competitors which he was going to use for whatever nefarious reasons he has conjured up.

Perhaps its a combination of the two and someone wanted a list of everyone attending the tourney? Who knows! We need Miss Marple on the case.

It does stick and has that mystery feel to it, but then just nothing, I need to reread it again. Or Miss Marple can read it? Who is Miss Marple? That's Agatha isn't it? It probably is, memory is pretty rusty though.

This was the controversial chapter? It's pretty bland as far as controversy goes, although her shift from scared girl who never says anything to super clever self assured verbal jouster seems a little abrupt.

LOL yeah, I agree. One day a quiet, scared mouse, the day after a cheeky tease. That must be the surprising character development. I was not convinced. Perhaps the show is not so far off the mark as I have thought. :dunno:

I hate to be negative, but from the chapters released on GRRM's page so far, this one is by far the weakest, as far as I am concerned. It's smalltalk and... smalltalk.

Lets see we got a tourney, a Giant's lance, and Harry with his Arryn Sigil, anyone think Lyn kills him in a joust?

Hang on...a Giant's lance, with an Eyrie made of sugar....

"And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

The only explanation...Sansa devours the WHOLE lemon cake herself.

Prophecy solved.

Notice how comfortable Sansa is in the Vale? I'm not sure how we are meant to take that. Is GRRM setting up that this is the little bird's place or will it become a nightmare?

any speculation on all the errors ..?

Its a crackpot code we need to decipher to get our next R+L=J clue!

But no really, its pre-publisher edit.

Yeah, I agree. I think it's quite likely that the nobles know and just aren't all that worked up about it. They're pretty disconnected from what's happening in King's Landing and have been for a long time.

And it shows that 7 kingdoms are no more regardless of who sits on the IT. Knights in the Vale are more excited about the tourney and a chance to serve their lord regardless of how small or sickly he may be.

Lets see we got a tourney, a Giant's lance, and Harry with his Arryn Sigil, anyone think Lyn kills him in a joust?

Only if we're really lucky. I adore Sansa, but if I have to spend half of Winds reading about her flirting with Harry the Horrible I'll be really freaking mad.

ETA: Can we call him Ser Cow? Is this nickname taken by anyone?

any speculation on all the errors ..?

Martin releases raw chapters, they are not fully edited nor have they been to his editor.

"And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

Prophecy solved.

That would be a feat, but I am starting to think we are getting a bit of a play on the Tourney of the hand. Robin who is actually named Robert is being drugged and plotted against, Sansa is the only person he trusts, an Arryn squire recently knighted, what me be some kind of mystery in LF office, Sansa calls Robert/Robin a fool as Ned did with Robert who also was drugged as well as Jon Arryn. It's a bit of a mixed bag but there are some parallels, including a bastard child of Robert.

I found weird that nobody in the Vale seems to know that Cersei and Margaery have been arrested.The news have reached Jaime in Riverun.

why do I think Varys surpresses news getting into the vale

Any idea of what was going on with LF's office, the open window and the scattered papers? Had someone snuck in there? Or am I missing a clue or some imagery?

I thought LF was hinting at that in her last Crows chapter but it is odd that nobody is talking about it, that would be huge news.

why do I think of little birds?

Only if we're really lucky. I adore Sansa, but if I have to spend half of Winds reading about her flirting with Harry the Horrible I'll be really freaking mad.

ETA: Can we call him Ser Cow? Is this nickname taken by anyone?

If the comedy of manners continues and they banter wit across dancefloors and dinner tables I wouldn't be surprised if we see Harry turn into a much more rounded character. No one is that horrid and the Waynwoods are clearly going to be having words with him for his behaviour. He seems to like his child Aly, he doesn't seem ashamed to talk about her and the one he's got on the way. He's a bit delusional about his nature, how Saffron will be 'different'. Perhaps we don't have time for that kind of enlightenment in him.

Prophecy solved.

Sansa eats the entire lemoncake and gains 20 pounds, prompting Littlefinger to invoke the "no fat chicks" rule and declare that he is no longer attracted to her, calling off all their plans.

Archived