[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

Money and boys... Lyn does love his little boys.

This chapter throws some kinds of doubt on that. He may like "boys" no more than Tyrion likes "girls," meaning young ladies/men. For example, Sansa's compaion jokes he likes sausage, and his squire is loutish, implying he likes strong young men (?).

It doesn't seem to fit with someone who likes actuall pre-pubescent boys. Also the money thing... I mean, that doesn't seem to fit either. Does he have a male prostitute from Lys he is paying for? If so, then he is sort of a reverse Jorah or something. Lyn has a more complex story than his apparent here, I think, and we are getting a hint or two.

Good chapter, got a felling that there might be things under the surface this chapter that we will only figure out when WoW is published.

Judging the chapters so far released, it seems WoW will be grat

PS: Dont want to be too optimistic, but considering all he published about WOW recently, GRRM seems to be making good progress, and maybe, just maybe, we might get WoW sooner than later

I really liked the Chapter and I liked Harold Hardyg. I thought he and Alayne had a nice chemistry. I can understand why he wasn't thrilled with the idea of being married to LF's bastard daughter. He's an heir who probably harbors ambitions of his own (knowing he's Robin's heir) and a lowborn wife is probably something he views as a stone around his neck.

It was also interesting that he seems to be fond of his Bastard children. I don't get the impression most Lords care about them, he seems like one of the few. I think it says something interesting that it was Alayne's display of wit that had Harry thaw to her. Sansa is in her element as a social climbing courtier.

Cool to see her cook up an event and ideas to help LF move forward towards cementing the support of the Vale. The Tourney is a REALLY good idea and it's attracted all of the prominent families in the Vale, though I have a feeling this Tourney is going to take some unexpected turns and the last time a Tourney went off book, it rocked all 7 kingdoms. Something unexpected is going to go down there.

Ser Shadrich and Lyn Cobray are BIG wild cards. I'm wondering if The Mad Mouse is going to take Alayne/Sansa to Varys or Cersei.

Robin Arryn definitely seems more aware. All in all it's enough potential intrigue to rival the goings on in Kings Landing.

No. It just confirmed Sansa's lemon cakes addiction is out of control. :P

Hey man don't judge until you've been there. First, you eat one and it taste so good you have another and then another. Next thing you know, lemon cakes are all you can think about. You try to tell yourself you don't have a problem but you do. It's living hell man.

Yeah, though to be honest this just makes the Arryns like other great houses. Aside from the Starks and mYbe Tullys, genetic superiority seems to be th norm.

I'd have guessed sandy/dirty blond for the Arryns only because it's the only one not covered by the other great houses.

i read that passage as if jhTh was black haired he would have like jon arryn

Evil? Smart, rather. What is so "good" about selling off tons of food that you might need yourself later?

Also, why would food riots be a problem? If he is hoarding food while the Lords Declarant are selling it, they will be the ones without food come winter.

Those loyal to him (who have listened to his orders to hoard) will have no problems feeding their subjects, while the Lords Declarant (who are his enemies) will be forced to rely on him and those loyal to him to avoid getting riots.

when people riot because of food its usually because their back is against the wall and then things get ugly ..very ugly for the other party (goggle Smshing the cooking pot)

The weird part is that LF seems to think Yohn Royce is going to sell his own supplies and depend later on LF's, but c'mon, how dumb would that be?

i came to the conclusio LF knows as much about ruling as cersei ergo nothing.

This chapter throws some kinds of doubt on that. He may like "boys" no more than Tyrion likes "girls," meaning young ladies/men. For example, Sansa's compaion jokes he likes sausage, and his squire is loutish, implying he likes strong young men (?).

It doesn't seem to fit with someone who likes actuall pre-pubescent boys. Also the money thing... I mean, that doesn't seem to fit either. Does he have a male prostitute from Lys he is paying for? If so, then he is sort of a reverse Jorah or something. Lyn has a more complex story than his apparent here, I think, and we are getting a hint or two.

or LF ows lyn money?

An actual Sansa chapter??!?!?!?!? YES!

That said, the first thing that springs to mind is that this chapter, as a Sansa and SanSan fan, is in no way controversial. And is in fact the exact route many have posited Sansa's path to take.

Sansa seems to be showing her charm- the same charm she has had from the beginning of GoT and that cropped up from time to time while being a prisoner in KL. Now just with a more worldly/sexual component.

There is lots of set up here, both with characters and plots- so it is no wonder why this chapter was moved to TWoW. Really interested how it will play out.

when people riot because of food its usually because their back is against the wall and then things get ugly ..very ugly for the other party (goggle Smshing the cooking pot)

Yeah, so why should that be a problem for LF? Since he and those loyal to him are hoarding food, he'll be one of the few able to hand out food to the population and prevent such riots.

i came to the conclusio LF knows as much about ruling as cersei ergo nothing.

You're reading another book series than the rest of us...?

or LF ows lyn money?

We know that Lyn works for Littlefinger to get money (and boys), since he is constantly broke. Obviously Lyn is the one owing a lot to LF. The questions is just if he will honor that.

I liked it, I also believe like many this was a private calm before a big shit storm.

Still not comfortable with Sansa/Alayne and Miranda Royce friendship.

Anyone want to venture why Sansa is getting close to Lothor Brune?

Anyone want to venture why Sansa is getting close to Lothor Brune?

Well, from earlier thoughts Sansa has had about him + what we do know about him, Littlefinger feels that Brune is loyal and "trusts him as much as he trusts anyone"... He seems honest, has lands in the Riverlands (making LF his liege) and is a (quite high ranking) part of LFs household. He also seems to be kind and friendly to Sansa.

Why wouldn't she be getting close to him (and anyone else that near LF and by extension her), just like many lords and ladies seem close to higher ranking members of their households? :dunno:

Of course, it is difficult to read chapters focusing on LF/Sansa without getting a bit suspicious and paranoid of most things :D

Archived