Discussing the Season 5 Trailer

Westeros

Trystan battling for the iron throne? What? He has zero claim to it. Dorne alone does not have a powerful enough army for it. If Dorne does wage war for the Iron Throne it will because either:

a - They are trying to put Myrcella on the throne as via Dornish law customs.

b - Preparing the way for Daenerys, fire and blood in the hope that she will marry Trystan when she arrives. If Trystan and Myrcella love each other this will cause conflict.

Aegon and Aryanne (and the rest of the Dornish) team up and conquer kingslanding, Aegon is crowned, Dornish control KL... but then Danny arrives and Aegon ends up as Drogons snack....

on TV:

Trystan (backed by Dorne) conquers KL as King-consort of Myrcella (who is older on the show and can also partly take certain Aryanne functions), Trystane is crowned, Dornish control KL... but then Danny arrives and Trystane (and possibly Myrcella) end up as Drogons snack....

I really hope that neither option happens, in either the book or the show. I agree that it perhaps seems most predictable, but late in Season 1 / Book 1 it also seemed most predictable that Ned was heading for the Wall to help Jon with the battle against the White Walkers. We all know how that (didn't) turn out.

If all Aegon serves as is just another hurdle before Dany gets the throne, I'll be even more disappointed with Feast/Dance than I already am. I'm still hoping GRRM (and D&D) give us something less predictable and more interesting than that.

Watched the video blog:

Do not like the idea of Sansa getting married to Ramsay in place of FArya (Poole). I can't see that working with the Mance stealth killings and Theon rescue - which was probably the best part of the last 2 books.

Archived