House of Cards Season 3

Jack Bauer 24

Okay, I gotta ask: what's the spoiler policy for the thread? Could we get a spoiler tag in the title pretty please?

On a more general note, I really love the show. This season's been the best so far, and it's getting better with every episode. I've binged four so far, not planning on stopping anytime soon. Screw social life, all I need is the Underwoords and a bourbon-filled syringe.

I have no sympathy for Doug.

Really? I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. His whole life is just full of addictions that bring him nothing but pain. Sure, he's an asshole, but everyone else on this show is an asshole.

Okay, I gotta ask: what's the spoiler policy for the thread? Could we get a spoiler tag in the title pretty please?

On a more general note, I really love the show. This season's been the best so far, and it's getting better with every episode. I've binged four so far, not planning on stopping anytime soon. Screw social life, all I need is the Underwoords and a bourbon-filled syringe.

Really? I can't help but feel sorry for the guy. His whole life is just full of addictions that bring him nothing but pain. Sure, he's an asshole, but everyone else on this show is an asshole.

I understand that, but I find nothing redeemable about him. If he were struggling with his addictions when the show began, I might sympathize. But Doug was already sober when he was pretty much torturing Rachel. He got what was coming to him.

I just finished episode 3. Need to stop watching as I am up early tomorrow, sadly :( I'll spoiler tag in case

I also agree with LITA. Doug is totally irredeemable, he deserves everything that is coming to him imo. Its also pretty likepy that Rachel comes back, I cant imagine they will leave that a hanging thread. Btw, can someone explain why he is using the syringe for his bourbon? Is he trying to kick the habit?

Also agree about Frank and Claire, they are obviously growing apart. Though, I'm curious. What was with Claire throwing up in E2? When I sawbit i first thought she was pregnant. But then she was drinking again in E3 which makes it unlikely.

:rofl: at Petrov getting them all pissed :rofl: Also, Claire and Petrov...genuine flirtation, or is she doing it for political reasons?

Kevin Spacey singing along with the piano though :D :wub:

Fun fact, by pure coincidence I wandered past the premiere of House of.Cards in Leicester Square yesterday. Tried to do some celev snooping, but to no avail. Also, Kevin Spacey is on at the Old Vic Theatre doing some show at the minute. So tempted to go :lol:

The spoiler policy is simple: simply indicate spoilers for episode X or "I just watched episode X" and then hide your thoughts using the spoiler brackets.

I only watched the first episode so far and what I'm mainly coming away with from that is I fear for Stephen Colbert's life in this universe :P

Colbert is Germany, Frank is Brazil.

Anyway, I'm disappointed it didn't start immediately after Frank is sworn in, feels like a missed chance.

I finished S3 over the past night. I never really enjoyed the show as much as others in the previous two seasons, and it seems I'm at odds with the early binge-viewer consensus on other websites that this season was worse than the previous two. This one was preferable to the previous two in my estimation, though the actual political policies involved remain absurd.

Watched 4 episodes.

The season so far has been rather awful, to be quite honest. There is nothing interesting going on so far, and the only thing I want to see is Doug coming back into the fold. I'm excited about Doug and the women running for president, I think that could be a really good storyline depending on how they choose to explore it.

So far, it's the weakest season of House of Cards. I hope it picks up. Surprisingly, the title for 'Dumbest character on Television' is still firmly with the former POTUS

Edit: Also, I fucking love Doug.

Archived