Would Cersei still have hated Tyrion if he wasn't a dwarf?

James Steller

Let's assume Tyrion's mother still dies giving birth to him, and assume Tyrion's personality is as intact as could be expected. Would Cersei, and for that matter, Tywin, despise him to the point of conspiring to kill him?

I ask because I wonder how much of their hatred for him was prejudice towards dwarfs as opposed to who Tyrion was.

Good question.

It's hard to answer though. So much of Tyion's personality stems from his being a dwarf. So I suppose his self loathing would have to come from his mother's death. And I could buy both Tywin and Cersei still hating Tyrion for that. But Tywin would likely be more concerned with raising him to be a worthy Lannister, maybe even a second Jaime. And so Tyrion would be allowed to flourish more with his gifted mind. Tywin would recognize it more easily and value it.

I find her to be a bigoted hypocrite myself.

Yeah, that too. But if you suck up to her enough you get rewarded for it, even if she hates everything about you.

Actually I am not sure if that's what I meant, I mean, she hates everything about someone, regardless.

In one word - YES.

Reasoning? Tyrion is not Jaime. Tyrion is not Rheagar. She'd still nip his little pink cock for Oberyn to tell us about once she has Tyrion blamed for whatever becomes her displeasure at the time.

Basically, Tyrion would be her scapegoat anyway. Cersei is like that. It's in her blood.

Yeah, I guess UtherSnow makes a good point: From her POV hates almost everyone, is contemptuous of most else and only loves Jaime and her kids.

Even Tywin isn't that fondly regarded, or so it seems to me.

She'd hate Tyrion because Cersei is spiteful and she'd still hear that damn prophesy.

Archived