Worst Possible Ending for ASOIAF?

Kynan

Anything clearly laid out (besides the Lannisters being extinct.)

Mine would probably be if Jon and Dany ended be the ultimate saviours and the Lannisters were annihilated and Cersei died and R+L=J was totally real and led to Westeros following Jon and Arya marries Gendry and Sansa becomes STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMAN WARRIOR. I just can't...

I don't think even the most hardcore Sansa fans ever suggest anything close to this.

I really couldn't give less of shit about Dany and even Jon to an extent but I have no idea what it is about them ending up together that would make it the worst possible ending.

As long as the ending makes sense, it will be a good ending. That won't prevent the fanbois and the fangrls from frothing at the mouth though.

Surely if it doesn't really have an ending and if some of the storylines are left unfinished. Some details:

- Jon and Dany marry

- Jon or Dany become the ruler of Westeros

- Daenerys is the queen from Cersei's prophecy

- Cersei is killed by Tyrion

- Jaime gets his hand back

- Aegon is really true Aegon or really a Targaeryen

- Tyrion is Aerys' son

- Littlefinger dies (this will 99,9% happen but I just don't want him to die)

- Arya remains a faceless killer

- Sam gets on good terms with his father and becomes his heir

- Benjen is really dead

- it was Joffrey who hired the assassin to kill Bran in book 1

- we will never ever see Sandor again

etc

No one wants Dany or Jon to actually get the Iron Throne but who else will get it then? Aegon is probably a pretender and I highly doubt Tommen or Myrcella will be keeping it. Who does that leave barring a random strongman? An unnamed Baratheon cousin or something?

My personal worry is about Jaime or Brienne possibly dying without accomplishing anything of note. Would be incredibly frustrating to me.

I have faith. I think whatever GRRM does it will be fine. The idea of Dany and Jon getting married makes me cringe but if that's what he has planned I know it will be all good.

People saying they don't want Cersei to live. WHY? It would be so much better if she lives to see all her warped dreams of power turn to shit. Cresei living as a peasant woman at the end would be great.

I used to worry that with all the fan speculation George might change shit to ensure surprise, apparently he has said he wouldn't do that (one more reason I lurve him) so I am a happy bunny whatever happens.

No one wants Dany or Jon to actually get the Iron Throne but who else will get it then? Aegon is probably a pretender and I highly doubt Tommen or Myrcella will be keeping it. Who does that leave barring a random strongman? An unnamed Baratheon cousin or something?

My personal worry is about Jaime or Brienne possibly dying without accomplishing anything of note. Would be incredibly frustrating to me.

I want Tyrion to get it but not because he is somehow a Targaeryen. Or I want the king to be Jaime.

The king should be able to push an innocent boy from a window or kill his own father after all.

Ah yes, only a completely virtuous person should have the Iron Throne. I forgot. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind Jaime myself, he has no interest in it after all and someone who isn't actively seeking it out would be a more intriguing result then one of the main names thrown about.

Archived