Worst Possible Ending for ASOIAF?

Kynan

Stannis or LF would be fine.

Stannis would be fine with me but I doubt he is surviving until the end, false saviors never last do they? ;)

I'm cool with Jon and Dany ending up on the throne together because it will still not be a fairytale ending.

I loved the scene in the show where Dany in the HOTU ends up in a burnt-down and snowy throne room. Something like this will actually happen in the books I think. That's the throne they're going to find themselves on.

Also, just imagine Jon and Dany realize they need to marry to save the world and rebuild Westeros. So they do that even though they don't particularly like, let alone love, each other.

Let's face it, there's no way the ending's going to turn out really bad.

I'd not be that annoyed either if it went this way, its entirely possible the story has been going this way from the beginning, its only because everyone here looks at every little hint and since they may have figured it out, want it to be something different. GRRM has already said "bittersweet" ending though, I don't see a happy Jon x Dany couple with her suddenly able to have children again... I just don't. think people are concerned over nothing.

Edric the Storm will be king!

More legeitimized bastards? I would hope the realm would learn from Aegon the Unworthy :(

Jaime and Sansa will. :)

Now that is one I haven't heard of before. Would be amusing though, Sansa escaping from one Lannister just to end up with another? Would be lulzy at least.

I doubt Jon could handle Dany in the sack, anyway. I know Ygritte liked his stuff but Dany's a beast.

OT, a bad/dissatisfying ending for me would involve;

- Ambiguity (this is my number one with daylight second - I want to know how everyone's story concludes)

- Convenient Endings (ie Dragons Breathe Fire and kill off the others)

- The Others being only a minor problem and/or easily dealt with

- Never visiting (POV) The Land of Always Winter

- Not getting a Great Other POV

Westeros plunges into chaos and basically all people kills each other. The rest dies in the winter, with no food and unprotected.

Daenery smashes the slave based economy of the Free Cities and they too plunge into anarchy and death.

Bran takes the place of Bloodraven and he runs over the history of Westeros again and again with that time travel thing.

As mankind starts to fade, and magic sets in, the children of the forests and mythical creatures slowly begins to repopulate the land. This will happen in Essos and Westeros, and the only remembrance of humanity, at least westerosi, will be Bran's mind, who in time will die too. Thus the Age of Men ends.

After a tragic plane crash following another GoT awards ceremony loss, book rights pass to one of GRRM's relations. Rather than hiring a ghost writer, he decides to write the book himself, filling it with brony fan-fiction and thinly veiled homophobia and racism. Also enough Rape/BDSM scenes that Terry Goodkind speaks out in public, decrying the book as grossly inappropriate, and unfit for reading by anyone of any age.

Jon Becoming king/marrying Dany/becoming a Dragonrider/being the three headed dragon. (basically any prediction linked to Jon being a Targ apart from R+L=J itself)

Benjen Stark never being explained

Tommen remains king

The Dragons die and magic leaves the world

Tyrion dies

Stannis doesn't become king

Aliens existing in some way or another

Arya doesn't die

It being a dream

I've learned not to hope for too much for this series as most hopes get dashed ruthlessly.

And judging by the conflicting hopes here some people will surely be disappointed.

I simply hope that:

Jon does not end up on the Iron Throne.

Jon and Dany doe not end up a couple.

Sam, Tyrion, Arya survive.

Littlefinger dies in agony.

Archived