Which Kingsguard will be remembered?

Ser Arthur Hightower

Ser Barristan Selmy- Killed Maelys the Monsterous, rescued King Aerys from the Darklyns, fought at the Trident, gave Joffery the middle finger and walked out of King's Landing unharmed, possibly help in a Targaryen restoration.

Ser Jaime Lannister- Killed the king

Ser Robert Strong- First, and hopefully only, zombie in the Kingsguard

Remember that according to GRRM, we might find out some interesting things about Arthur Dayne. The question was "how could he managed with a king being such an asshole?" (paraphrasing) and he answered "keep reading". I think time will tell us that it was Arthur the one behind Rhaegar making political moves, and he and the rest of the KG (minus Barristan and Jaime) were on it. Sadly, their plan failed, and that will influenced on how history will perceive them.

Barristan will die defending Dany, and she will make sure he's remembered as a hero. About Jaime, his story is not yet over. He's both a Kingslayer and a Kingsmaker. And he will be also be remembered as a Queenlayer and a Queenslayer. So... who knows. I've heard people suggesting him to become the next Lord Commander of the Watch. It would be a bit poetic to see him dress in black after he was a white knight.

Agree that Barristan and Jaime will be forever remembered. Barristan has racked up one of the most impressive resumes IMO, and Jaime killed his king, regardless of the reasons, if Criston Cole is remembered for crowning a king, Jaime will be remembered for killing one

Arthur Dayne, the whole realm knows who he is and all pretty much agree that he is the epitome of what a knight/kingsguard should be... plus he was the Sword of the Morning

I'm not sold on Gerold Hightower being long remembered. He didn't defeat the Kingswood Bhood, that was Dayne, and there is no mention of anything great he did. He accepted Barristan into the order, and was at the TOJ... his actions don't come close to others. Same for Whent, he was more of a sidekick than anything, doesn't stand out on his own.

Balon Swann wont't be remembered either, yea he is said to be very honorable, etc. but he hasn't done anything accept fight in the Blackwater (like others did, didn't do anything extraordinary). If he succeeds in bringing Darkstar down (don't think he will, IMO he is about to be dead as well), then that is a start but he has a long way to go I believe.

Gerold Hightower had command in the War of the Ninepenny kings after Ormund Baratheon died.

Remember that according to GRRM, we might find out some interesting things about Arthur Dayne. The question was "how could he managed with a king being such an asshole?" (paraphrasing) and he answered "keep reading". I think time will tell us that it was Arthur the one behind Rhaegar making political moves, and he and the rest of the KG (minus Barristan and Jaime) were on it. Sadly, their plan failed, and that will influenced on how history will perceive them.

Barristan will die defending Dany, and she will make sure he's remembered as a hero. About Jaime, his story is not yet over. He's both a Kingslayer and a Kingsmaker. And he will be also be remembered as a Queenlayer and a Queenslayer. So... who knows. I've heard people suggesting him to become the next Lord Commander of the Watch. It would be a bit poetic to see him dress in black after he was a white knight.

:laugh:

The Legend of Joffrey's Shit Seven:

Boros Blout: Fat coward

Meryn Trant: Child beater

Preston Greenfield: Killed by a mob

Mandon Moore: Cold eyed psycho

Jaime: Imprisoned during Joffrey;s whole reign, lost his hand, saved by a woman

Hound: Not a knight, ran away, replaced the greatest kingsguard since Duncan

Arys Oakheart: Premature ejaculation

Gerold Hightower had command in the War of the Ninepenny kings after Ormund Baratheon died.

But aside from him being Lord Commander during the Wo9PK is there any information on him doing things of particular note during the conflict? There are a bunch of people noted for there efforts in that conflict. I'm not disagreeing with you I just don't have anything with me to look up the information right now.

Archived