Gotham TV (Vol. 2)

Quoth

• 2 months later...

This show is utter nonsense, but it does it in such a wholehearted way, that I find it kind of compelling. It falls apart when it tries to take itself seriously, but when you have Butch killing Galavan with a bazooka in front of baby Bruce Wayne... come on, that is television.

I was wondering whether anyone else was still watching. I'm halfheartedly hanging in. But many... most of the characters are starting to really annoy me rather than entertain. I thought Edward and Oswald were gonna hafta get a room here for a second.

I enjoy Gotham a hell of a lot more than the Cw fare. The main weakness is Gordon, he's such a dull uninteresting vacuum of despair. When the writers lay off all the nods and winks and serious drama, and just write this wacky batman love letter it can be really quite entertaining. And hey now Fish has left again! (I hope for a long long while.)

On 2016-10-21 at 10:09 AM, Quoth said:

I was wondering whether anyone else was still watching. I'm halfheartedly hanging in. But many... most of the characters are starting to really annoy me rather than entertain. I thought Edward and Oswald were gonna hafta get a room here for a second.

Just started tonight's episode and had to stop to see if anybody commented on this yet.  Holy moly, Penguin was wondering the same thing!

I really enjoyed this episode.

All right Tetch's bits were kind of crap, as he completely failed to do anything beyond send Gordon on a heavily Inception themed trip. He was a more successful long term villain than I was expecting. More recently I was kind of expecting more of the Wonderland Gang.

But the trip was fun, and actually was quite good. Getting in his army background, his angel and demon relationship with Bruce and Oswald. Barbara has been consistent fun since they completely rebooted her character after series one. And the Leslie lesson was an important one, he did fuck up big time, he left her alone to deal with a miscarriage thinking him dead.

I've personally been in love with Corey Michael Smith since he first appeared so I'm fully on board with this developing triangle. I have no idea who (or what) Isabella is (it's not a lookalike it's the same actress,) how two people could literally just sit and talk for twelve hours naturally, and Oswald's manic obsessive greed never gets old.

Batman makes a cake!

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:03 AM, The BlackBear said:

This show is utter nonsense, but it does it in such a wholehearted way, that I find it kind of compelling. It falls apart when it tries to take itself seriously, but when you have Butch killing Galavan with a bazooka in front of baby Bruce Wayne... come on, that is television.

Ha!.... I never even thought about it this way, but you're right....I was so annoyed with the tack that this show took because I wanted them to play it straight, with no Batman villains (and no Bruce Wayne).... and make the show about Gordon's rise through the Gotham PD.... but as long as they're going the route they are, you're right.... they should totally commit to the absurdity...

• 2 weeks later...

Is cutting the brakes on someone's car actually, in anyway a feasible murder plan. I don't know about you, but I definitely use my brakes a number of times getting to a main road, before I get anywhere near enough speed up to kill myself. Then you have a handbrake, engine braking, and can at least steer into the least fatal object. And car accidents are hardly always fatal.

Furthermore it's pretty obvious it was done right? Ed would presumably find out.

Either way I don't think she's dead.

And Barnes was pretty awesome this episode right? Justice is served indeed, fuck that chair, fuck that wall. Never ask Michael Chiklis to help you rearrange your furniture. I'm a little disappointed he doesn't appear to be Solomon Grundy, but I don't hate what they're doing with him instead.

Also the mad hatters prison number was 106... 10/6

2 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Regarding the not-Kringle.  It's got to be a long con.  The cosmetic surgeon maybe got Kringle's body, took Kringle's face and put it on someone working for -- who?  And why?

I somehow feel you can't fake being that horny for an OCD riddle man.

That trailer is brilliant. I love that they just totally threw everything they originally tried to do with Barbara away, because she's so fun now.

It's sad this show doesn't get the love it deserves, mainly because of it's ropey opening season. Because when it's great it's really really great. (Though occasionally it still falls apart for no reason. Poison Ivy has the mind of a child and is clearly doing stuff. Urgh.)

I still don't believe Isabella is dead (at least not un-undead,) because it would be such a weird thing to bring back the exact doppelgänger of Kringle, who is such a perfect fit for Nygma, just to fridge her. Although having said that, it's totally possible they'd do exactly that.

I must confess I was disappointed with the Barnes going Executioner, I hoped they'd be a little more clever and slower about that.

• 1 month later...

Well... It's back on. A sort of "Meh" episode intended, I guess, to get us all back up to speed. But... The return of Jerome!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, it'll be lame. But I don't care as long as he's back. :D

So, it's clear they originally killed off Jerome, because they assumed everyone would be up in arms if they revealed the back-story of the actual joker. Then everyone said "actually... we really like him" so now they're scrambling to bring him back from the dead. :)

Archived