Gotham TV (Vol. 2)

Quoth

(Continuing...)

Liked the ep... But... It's still possible the kid's not Joker. Previews mentioned a new criminal "The Red Hood". In classic Batman lore, it's the Red Hood who took the dive into all those chemicals and presumably, the "joker kid" is still in custody for murdering mommy. There's ways they could write around all this. And it's not like they are wedded to Batman lore anyway. Maybe I'm just hoping for a breathtaking twist.

WTF is the Fish story line? I'm not a hater of the actress. But the plot line drifted into complete weirdness. And, BTW, I don't care how many tough guys are standing behind you and how strong your personality is. Guys with automatic weapons being pushed around by her? Nope. No sale.

Barbara's return... Sooooo.... you find two squatter street kids in your luxury apartment and your reaction is to take fashion advice from them. Oooookay.

Liked the ep... But... It's still possible the kid's not Joker. Previews mentioned a new criminal "The Red Hood". In classic Batman lore, it's the Red Hood who took the dive into all those chemicals and presumably, the "joker kid" is still in custody for murdering mommy. There's ways they could write around all this. And it's not like they are wedded to Batman lore anyway. Maybe I'm just hoping for a breathtaking twist.

I'm hoping the kid is the Joker since the actor did so well, but like someone said in the last volume, having the Joker identified as fingerprinted is a weird twist since no one knows who the Joker is supposed to be. I suppose Kid-Joker can escape from prison, put on a Red Hood, go on a crime spree, then fall into some chemicals before anyone can link the Red Hook to Kid-Joker.

WTF is the Fish story line? I'm not a hater of the actress. But the plot line drifted into complete weirdness. And, BTW, I don't care how many tough guys are standing behind you and how strong your personality is. Guys with automatic weapons being pushed around by her? Nope. No sale.

Agreed. This Fish storyline is just bizarre. And did the previews make it look like she gets out of the underground fun zone and is back in Gotham properly by next week? Also, at one point she was actually standing on the back of some poor guy so she could address the crowd. *sigh*

Barbara's return... Sooooo.... you find two squatter street kids in your luxury apartment and your reaction is to take fashion advice from them. Oooookay.

This more or less sums up perfectly why I dislike her character so much

Unusually for an episode I felt the Penguin moments were pointless. And again Penguins character is just incredibly inconsistent. He's a savvy player who worms his way into groups, but keeps giving the game up, but has managed to improve his situation, but has no idea how to run a club (not even slightly badly, he's got his mother singing...) despite the fact he worked there under Fish when it was presumably successful. But whatever the hells going on with Butch might be interesting.

Unusually for an episode I felt the Penguin moments were pointless. And again Penguins character is just incredibly inconsistent. He's a savvy player who worms his way into groups, but keeps giving the game up, but has managed to improve his situation, but has no idea how to run a club (not even slightly badly, he's got his mother singing...) despite the fact he worked there under Fish when it was presumably successful. But whatever the hells going on with Butch might be interesting.

RLT has done a very good job with the part, but I do agree. The writing for the character, especially the last few episodes, has been inconsistent. I mean, it makes sense that he wouldn't be great at running a club, but for it to be the absolute failure that it was baffles me. I like the Penguin for the actor; he's been doing a very good job with what he's been given.

I liked the future Mommy and Daddy Grayson plotline. At least how it ended. Nice opening for why Gordon would go so out of the way to see that future orphaned Dick winds up as a ward to Bruce.

Not that I'm making excuses, but how much of the various story issues, particularity Fish, are a result of the extra episodes tacked on to the season order?

It probably has something to do with it. Had the season not gotten a full order, I could see S1 ending with Fish fleeing Gotham and then Jada sitting out for a few episodes while the other stories did their seasonal wrap up. But once they got a full order, they couldn't ask the actress to sit out for roughly 6-9 episodes, so they came up with this.

So Crackpot theory time that is probably wrong, but if the dude that we saw as the joker, is Jim's girlfriend going to become Harley Quinn, just do an older woman thing with it. I don't think so, but, I guess I wanted to say it so it is out in the Universe.

So Crackpot theory time that is probably wrong, but if the dude that we saw as the joker, is Jim's girlfriend going to become Harley Quinn, just do an older woman thing with it. I don't think so, but, I guess I wanted to say it so it is out in the Universe.

Could be. She's sure got the legs for it. ;) But I think there's other plans for her...

From the prior thread...

By Cornvinus:

And then there is Barbara.

My reaction when she came back: NOOOOOO!!!

My reaction when she walked in on Jim and Lee: Round of applause!!!

Please make her die.

I think Gordon has to watch his back. Hell hath no fury like a rich, drug addicted woman scorned who has access to two future super villians to whom she provides room and board and are thus beholden to her. :lol:

You might be right. It could be that Ms Kringle is a red herring. After Leslie solved the riddle in this last episode I did get a bit of a Quinn vibe.

Wow. They obviously had no plans for Fish if they got the extended episode order. Anything with her is just brutal. A horrible character going more horrible.

The Joker angle is possible, but they've made it a little too obvious with this kid...

I came back to the series for this episode. The "Joker" kid made it worth it, that was just great and Hector Salamanca is his dad! That just made it even better!!!

I did not recognize Morena Baccarin as Lee Tompkins, or rather I recognized her from something and it itched my brain the entire episode wondering where I knew her from and finally had to look up the actress. Soon as I saw her name, of course, I knew, just bad fail on my part.

That would be great if she became Harley!

The Fish scenes, yeah I was like WTF?!!! and the Penguin scenes I was "..."

I don't know if I'm going to watch this show regularly again, maybe I'll just keep checking in time to time. Even though it was really enjoyable watching the emergence of possibly The Joker, I hope they still keep it questionable with more potential candidates.

Archived