Gotham TV (Vol. 2)

Quoth

What the hell was this episode?

Okay, maybe that wasn't the best way to start. I didn't think this episode was horrible. There was a very creepy strangeness with Miriam and Leob that works in a city like Gotham. "He looks just like a bird! Oh, I love birds." Good Lord. Run, Penguin. I'm glad they gave Bullock something to do besides quips and snarky remarks. As much I enjoy those (sometimes) they haven't given Bullock anything to do since the show returned so him turning out to be a surprise witness was a twist that gave him some more color.

Does anyone else think that the Gordon actor might be bored. There are times when I feel like he's just reading lines in his head and not giving much of a performance. He is so stone faced. But I can't tell if it's part of Gordon's act or if the actor is over the show.

Nygma once again is just fodder for the show and even though I find him quirky and interesting and would like to see him explored more, the show seems determined to just have him be Future! Riddler without giving him anything to do except be Future! Riddler. So the chick has a new guy? Great. Drop her and move on and give him a meatier storyline.

Very little Baby! Batman, but it was nice to see him and Selena reunite.

And then there's Fish. Fish freaking Mooney. Who got herself a brand new eye! HUZZAH. Cause I care. (no, I don't). The Doll Maker is pretty scary but the show has a habit of setting up really interesting villains, trotting them out for one episode and then having them vanish back into the mythos of the show. Also, read this some place else tonight: does it make sense for the Doctor to keep his livestock, from which he harvests body parts, in a basement where they are starved, thus making the body parts less than desirable?? And...so they're out on a tiny island...? Okay...?

Big plus of the night:

--No Barbara

--No Barbara and the Dynamic Orphan Duo

--Seriously, NO BARBARA

Gods. Anything to do with Fish Mooney on this show makes me want to claw my eye out...

Me too. That, and the annoying facial expressions of Ben McKenzie. I don't think he's a good choice for Gordon at all. Gosh, sometimes it seems that he's rehearsing for a school play. I really hope he improves his acting next season.

Urghgh, that's the Dollmaker? What a flop. He doesn't seem particularly smart or ruthless. I know there's a limit to how gruesome they can make his 'experiments' but that scene with his former assistant wasn't all that scary.

Penguin getting back to actually having a clue is nice. They definitely are going for a bit of an infatuation with Gordon right?

And all the stuff with commissioner Loeb, all I could think was they were making a joke about Jeph Loeb (who worked on Batman, and then moved to Marvel and is now executive producer on their television stuff.)

The entire plot line with the commissioner, on this show, with the parameters they've established, that should have been at least four to six episodes of actual story and detective work, but instead it's rushed into just one.

This show is so schizophrenic.

That episode was just... odd. Very disappointed in it overall.

Thought Bruce was going to have an embarrassing moment there when Selena hugged him. :lol:

Yeah, not a great episode, but then again I don't think I have seen a single episode yet that I consider great.

So Alfred gets up and rips off his heart monitoring equipment and not a single nurse responds to his heart flatlining?

Fish, eh...how I hate thee. Hey celler dwellers I am back like I promised! You and you, sorry you have to die. Hey the rest of you get to live so that is great right!?!? Until next time when it is you...such crappy writing

Ready to see some Nigma evil. Just little touches here and there would be good. Not full on, but just a little elevation of him turning bad. I find his character interesting.

I would like to see more of Bruce. I know he isn't the star but still.

But then, what was the point of her exactly?

Other than being an awkward platform for Penguin's origin story. We spent so much time with her. On her plans and strangeness that had nothing much to do with Bruce, Gordon, Bullock and Penguin. She got (what felt like) way more screen time than the other Mob bosses. And for what?

This is bullshit. I'm not annoyed about her leaving. I'm annoyed that she was in the story at all. Nothing against the actress. But her role in this show has been nonsensical, clunky and evidently unnecessary.

But then, what was the point of her exactly?

Other than being an awkward platform for Penguin's origin story. We spent so much time with her. On her plans and strangeness that had nothing much to do with Bruce, Gordon, Bullock and Penguin. She got (what felt like) way more screen time than the other Mob bosses. And for what?

This is bullshit. I'm not annoyed about her leaving. I'm annoyed that she was in the story at all. Nothing against the actress. But her role in this show has been nonsensical, clunky and evidently unnecessary.

Probably mostly had to do with getting Jada. Back before this show premiered, she was the name the producers hung their hats on. It was a movie star doing a TV show, something we're seeing more of lately. Ultimately, it was stunt casting. And, who knows, maybe the initial plan was to have her as an ongoing character, but because not many seem to enjoy her, and the show has found its feet without her help, the showrunners can leave her contract -- I'm sure she's probably the highest paid actor on the show by a lot.

Probably mostly had to do with getting Jada. Back before this show premiered, she was the name the producers hung their hats on. It was a movie star doing a TV show, something we're seeing more of lately. Ultimately, it was stunt casting. And, who knows, maybe the initial plan was to have her as an ongoing character, but because not many seem to enjoy her, and the show has found its feet without her help, the showrunners can leave her contract -- I'm sure she's probably the highest paid actor on the show by a lot.

agreed. I also wonder if Jada is as bored and disinterested in her character as the viewers? The way she speaks about the roll sounds like relief that it's over.

I really don't think there was much she could do with the role. It's a shame because Gotham gets sledged a lot for cramming as many batverse characters in as they possibly can, but then the one real character they make up themselves is universally panned.

I just watched the latest episode and y'all are right. The Fish/Dollmaker story is just idiotic. Why would he keep her alive? Makes no sense. And I'm so over her royal bearing and imperious hand gestures. I really like Jada P. Smith in other roles, but ugh, this one is horrid.

Archived