White Walkers in Winterfell's blizzard

TerrorVoid

There does not appear to be undead people with blue eyes walking around killing people so probably not. And there has been a fair amount of death at Winterfell by the end of book 5

I see your point, but what if the Others have contacts in? Didn't think about that did you? Though in truth the Snowmen may forshadow something in the future.

I see your point, but what if the Others have contacts in? Didn't think about that did you? Though in truth the Snowmen may forshadow something in the future.

I do not however see yours. "Contacts"? The only known "contact" with the others is Craster and we do not know the extent of their interaction but as he refers to them as "gods" I doubt it is a personal interaction. At this point we will probably never knowThis then begs the question, if they have contacts in Winterfell, why do they not have contacts at the wall. From what we have seen in the story, they tried their hand at a trojan horse type attack and it was not very effective

The Others being involved in Winterfell would greatly undermine the importance of the Wall.

/\This/\

Also, when have the others just hung around and then used contacts inside a fortification to sneak in and do stealth kills to take over a building. At the fist they sent untold numbers of undead things until they overwhelmed the defenses of the watch.

Freak storms tend to follow Durrandons/Baratheons around. I doubt it has anything to do with the Others.

Excellent point. The Storm gods were pretty upset with Durran. Now that magic is returning, I could see them antagonizing Godsgrief's descendants.

OP, doubt it. They're on the Other side of the Wall. The North has snow even in the summers. With winter arrived, blizzards are going to be happening.

Hell yes, I wonder if White Walkers are lurking about Winterfell. If they're perceptive and smart, they'll continue to do so covertly, making no wights until after the imminent battles. I'd even be tempted to wait yet longer for more conflict if more seems imminent, so long as the belligerents do not burn the dead.

I also wonder if the cold and snow between the Wall and Winterfell are coincidence or evidence of the presence of clever White Walkers.

Then again, how would they have made it south of the Wall? I suspect their nature precludes them from passage over large bodies of water (freezes, transferring lethal dose of heat energy to WW). As best we know, the warding of the Wall has been intact, at least up until Jon was attacked by his brothers). My best guess would be through via the Bridge of Skulls or somewhere near there. I don't recall reading that it's warded, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's 1000's years old.

Hell yes, I wonder if White Walkers are lurking about Winterfell. If they're perceptive and smart, they'll continue to do so covertly, making no wights until after the imminent battles. I'd even be tempted to wait yet longer for more conflict if more seems imminent, so long as the belligerents do not burn the dead.

I also wonder if the cold and snow between the Wall and Winterfell are coincidence or evidence of the presence of clever White Walkers.

Then again, how would they have made it south of the Wall? I suspect their nature precludes them from passage over large bodies of water (freezes, transferring lethal dose of heat energy to WW). As best we know, the warding of the Wall has been intact, at least up until Jon was attacked by his brothers). My best guess would be through via the Bridge of Skulls or somewhere near there. I don't recall reading that it's warded, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's 1000's years old.

Maybe they took an underground passage to the crypts, now that there's no Stark in Winterfell...

As an alternate crackpot explanation, what if the "winged snake" that Summer saw after the sack of Winterfell was an ice dragon, and the blizzard is its doing? Mayhaps it's making a cozy home around Winterfell.

The dragon of Winterfell "roared flame", I don't think it's an ice dragon.

I've often stated that the others are not coming over or through the wall. They're either coming up through Winterfell, or through water, near the Vale. If there are any Others south of the wall, they are in Winterfell.

Side note: It'd be damn awesome if Stannis became a sort of Wight King. I always thought that the best ending for him would to be some zombie like creatre, still fighting to take over the Kingdom, even after death... "A Blue eyed King who cast no shadow..." Make Mel piss her pants...Oh, and Theon as a wight would kind of ease the pain of watching him die a slow death

Archived