Could they make a Blackfyre rebellion show after Game of Thrones?

VictariousReturneth

I saw someone suggest this on another forum: do it in a way where dunk and egg could still show up and have their stories from the novellas but the main focus would be blackfyres and brynden rivers. If so how many seasons could HBO get out of this? Maybe 3, one for each rebellion even though the second one was so short. Just end it with Brynden going to the Wall and later discovering the children's cave and then the final scene could be the tragedy at summerhall.

It would be utterly inappropriate to make an adaptation of the First Blackfyre Rebellion.

From a structural standpoint, it's basically to the Tales of Dunk and Egg as Robert's Rebellion is to A Song of Ice and Fire.

It's the big event in the backstory that drives the future actions of the older characters, events reverberating across time.

It's such an inherent part of the Tales of Dunk and Egg (taking place 10-20 years later so far) that it's more "backstory to the Tales of Dunk and Egg"...though if I were adapting Tales of Dunk and Egg, I WOULD make use of flashback scenes to the First Blackfyre Rebellion, even though the current "Game of Thrones" TV series has avoided flashbacks.

Frankly I think the Dance of the Dragons would make a better project.

It would be utterly inappropriate to make an adaptation of the First Blackfyre Rebellion.

From a structural standpoint, it's basically to the Tales of Dunk and Egg as Robert's Rebellion is to A Song of Ice and Fire.

well yeah thats kind of obvious, but it would still be a nice story to see on screen. at least in my opinion

It's the big event in the backstory that drives the future actions of the older characters, events reverberating across time.

It's such an inherent part of the Tales of Dunk and Egg (taking place 10-20 years later so far) that it's more "backstory to the Tales of Dunk and Egg"...though if I were adapting Tales of Dunk and Egg, I WOULD make use of flashback scenes to the First Blackfyre Rebellion, even though the current "Game of Thrones" TV series has avoided flashbacks.

Frankly I think the Dance of the Dragons would make a better project.

how about a movie of the first blackfyre rebellion to build up hype then the sequel to that can be a dunk and egg tv series which would end with the tragedy at summerhall.

Archived