Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 3

awesome possum

Pretty good episode. Nice to see Michonne taking charge when Rick is a little extra paranoid.

There were a few things that bugged me though.

1) The timeline - how did the RV group come across Aaron's boyfriend? Did they just follow the flare he sent up? Why did the RV stop following the gang in the car?

2) When the RV seems to be running out of gas - the fucking gas light comes on. Now I don't know about you, but being 'half way there' and having the gas light come on means 'we need to stop for gas' not 'we're gonna make it.' Hello Abraham?

But, whatever, i could let that slide But then they continue to fuck with my ability to suspend disbelief. The RV battery... if you know anything about vehicles a battery dying doesn't make the vehicle stop. It keeps running off the alternator. So unless they just randomly turned the rv off on the side of the road, and then tried to restart it... I guess what bothered me is mostly that if they needed the RV to break down so Glen could channel Dale for a minute, at least make a plausible reason for it. Doesn't someone fact check this shit? Other than that, I love this show, but they can't seem to avoid leaving these big glaring inconsistencies out in plain sight. I don't understand how this stuff makes it into the episodes.

Really curious to see what this new compound thing turns out to be like.

The RV battery... if you know anything about vehicles a battery dying doesn't make the vehicle stop. It keeps running off the alternator.

Unless its the alternator that's bad. In which case pretty much exactly what happened will happen. Including being able to get moving again by swapping in a charged battery. I agree about the timeline, though. Both vehicles were travelling together and then suddenly the RV is gone, only to turn up ahead of them. Would they not have stopped to search for Rick and co where their car was stopped in the middle of the road?

Really curious to see what this new compound thing turns out to be like.

I'm still suspicious of Aaron. It is weird that there are no people in the pictures, and his explanation made no sense. And, and maybe this is just a bit too paranoid, but i thought the conspicuous sounds of children playing seemed a little contrived. Especially when there wasn't a soul moving inside the gate.

Good episode. Two questions...what was with Rick hearing the kids laughing at the end and why did he put a gun in that container?

The kids are (supposedly) what he's hearing from inside the fence. He and Michonne had the conversation earlier about not hearing anything when they came to Woodbury and Terminus. Rick wanted to see what he would hear at this new place.

I figure the gun in the container was a way to insure that he got to keep a weapon just incase their weapons were taken upon arrival.

Unless its the alternator that's bad. In which case pretty much exactly what happened will happen. Including being able to get moving again by swapping in a charged battery. I agree about the timeline, though. Both vehicles were travelling together and then suddenly the RV is gone, only to turn up ahead of them. Would they not have stopped to search for Rick and co where their car was stopped in the middle of the road?

I'm still suspicious of Aaron. It is weird that there are no people in the pictures, and his explanation made no sense. And, and maybe this is just a bit too paranoid, but i thought the conspicuous sounds of children playing seemed a little contrived. Especially when there wasn't a soul moving inside the gate.

Yeah but then it's going to chew through the new battery in 10-15 minutes tops.

Depends on the vehicle and what accesories are running. A new car with various computers, sensors, fuel injection, digital dash displays, etc, probably not that far, no. But i don't think its unreasonable that they could have made it as far as they did with an old RV. Anyway, we didn't see them hunting up a new alternator the next morning, so you're probably right that it was just poor writing.

2) When the RV seems to be running out of gas - the fucking gas light comes on. Now I don't know about you, but being 'half way there' and having the gas light come on means 'we need to stop for gas' not 'we're gonna make it.' Hello Abraham?

Wasn't the gas light that came on but a red "low voltage" light.

But, whatever, i could let that slide But then they continue to fuck with my ability to suspend disbelief. The RV battery... if you know anything about vehicles a battery dying doesn't make the vehicle stop. It keeps running off the alternator. So unless they just randomly turned the rv off on the side of the road, and then tried to restart it... I guess what bothered me is mostly that if they needed the RV to break down so Glen could channel Dale for a minute, at least make a plausible reason for it. Doesn't someone fact check this shit? Other than that, I love this show, but they can't seem to avoid leaving these big glaring inconsistencies out in plain sight. I don't understand how this stuff makes it into the episodes.

Yeah the light that came on was 'low voltage' so one assumes the alternator had given up. I took the Abraham/Rosetta exchange to mean: we can make it without stopping (because the battery wouldn't start it again.) But then they immediately stopped. :dunno:

I feel personally like they trusted this Aaron chap too quickly still. But I also feel the writing made him far too ambiguous. 'These people will kill me if I give them reason to. This is the perfect time to bring up my childhood issues with applesauce.'

It also occurred to me, are they building towards Rick going too far. He was somewhat at odds with most of the group. And definitely seems to be a much more violent character than before.

Anyone notice Carl is basically a background prop now? Has he had any dialogue this season? No wonder why this show keeps getting better.

They're just struggling to juggle all the characters. How many words did Darryl say this episode? I'm certain Gabriel didn't say anything. Sasha (one of the women who found Aaron) barely said anything. Eugene dealt some cards and that was it.

I loved Carol's quote right at the end of "even though you were wrong, you were right". It's exactly how I felt. Sure, on the surface it looks like the group made the right decision to give this a go. But, Rick did everything right in taking every precautionary measure to try and weed out any potential trap. Everybody's mindset at this stage should be "danger alert! danger alert!". A lot of them were way too trusting. I also liked Rick's leadership skills this episode. He listened to the group, succumbed to majority rule, but at the same time asserted that he was going to do this his way and the safe way.

I'm also with Rick on this one. I would still be on alert mode with these guys.

Oh, Michonne, Michonne. She's become too desperate for finding a home and may be leading the group into a dangerous situation. She was very forceful. I liked how Rick would smile, as if thinking, "OK, you wanna force the issue? Be careful what you wish for."

In fairness to her though, the rest of the group seemed to go with the hope that the situation is as good as Aaron claims it is.

I thought that was a fantastic episode. Really showed how far Rick has come from his, "we can work anything out" days to "it would just be safer to murder you in cold blood" now.

I loved Michonne standing up to him, being a voice of optimism and reason. I loved Maggie's facial expression when she sided with Michonne, so subtle yet said a lot.

And I loved Aaron, or rather the actor they got for the role. He was great, found myself captivated by him almost every time he spoke. Another great actor added to the crew.

I feel personally like they trusted this Aaron chap too quickly still. But I also feel the writing made him far too ambiguous. 'These people will kill me if I give them reason to. This is the perfect time to bring up my childhood issues with applesauce.'

So far everything Aaron has said has checked out. Plus he helped them out when he could have ran(once his hands were free). I also think the scene with his boyfriend shows his humanity and capacity for love and made it seem a little less like they would be the type that would kill them in their sleep and eat them. Plus they could have killed them already if they had wanted to.

I loved Carol's quote right at the end of "even though you were wrong, you were right". It's exactly how I felt. Sure, on the surface it looks like the group made the right decision to give this a go. But, Rick did everything right in taking every precautionary measure to try and weed out any potential trap. Everybody's mindset at this stage should be "danger alert! danger alert!". A lot of them were way too trusting. I also liked Rick's leadership skills this episode. He listened to the group, succumbed to majority rule, but at the same time asserted that he was going to do this his way and the safe way.

I also like his leadership. Although he's overly cautious(has to be as the leader), he listens to the others and takes suggestions. This is not anything remotely resembling absolute power with him.

I'm also with Rick on this one. I would still be on alert mode with these guys.

Oh, Michonne, Michonne. She's become too desperate for finding a home and may be leading the group into a dangerous situation. She was very forceful. I liked how Rick would smile, as if thinking, "OK, you wanna force the issue? Be careful what you wish for."

In fairness to her though, the rest of the group seemed to go with the hope that the situation is as good as Aaron claims it is.

I think Michonne sees that Rick is becoming more like who she used to be. She was overly cautious and negative and didn't trust anybody in the past. She realized long ago that this life wasn't a life worth living. Simply surviving will kill you long-term. And she knows first hand that some groups are good and will take you in, because that is what Rick's group did for her.

Wasn't the gas light that came on but a red "low voltage" light.

Yeah the light that came on was 'low voltage' so one assumes the alternator had given up. I took the Abraham/Rosetta exchange to mean: we can make it without stopping (because the battery wouldn't start it again.) But then they immediately stopped. :dunno:

It also occurred to me, are they building towards Rick going too far. He was somewhat at odds with most of the group. And definitely seems to be a much more violent character than before.

They're just struggling to juggle all the characters. How many words did Darryl say this episode? I'm certain Gabriel didn't say anything. Sasha (one of the women who found Aaron) barely said anything. Eugene dealt some cards and that was it.

Thanks, my mistake. i stand corrected; I thought it was the fuel light.

Just my own speculation...

The group is too big right now. I think we are about to see a culling. But, I don't think it's going to be anything like the ones we have had in the past. I have a feeling that Alexandria is going to wind up being a pretty decent place and some of them are going to settle down there, while others will move on for some reason or another.

Archived