What characters could be spun-off into a childrens' series?

SerDerrick

I've said for a long time they need to make a series, "Old Nan's Bedtime Stories".  They could make it an anthology series, with Old Nan telling the tale to some guest star who played a Stark at one point or another on the series.  They could fill in the backstory, and though my original idea was for a horror series, a "Goosebumps" style thing could be done as well, with off-camera deaths, so it could be an edgy children's show for the tweeners.

The Brave Wolf and Stag, a (cleaned up/abridged/artistically redone) picture book of Robert's Rebellion.

"Once upon a time, there was a kingdom called Westeros. It was ruled by a dragon named Targaryen." 

(This picture shows a flag bearing the sigil of House Targaryen, flying over The Red Keep).

"Targaryen was an evil dragon. He burned anyone who he didn't like, and there were a lot of people he didn't like."

(This page shows a picture of Balerion bathing Harrenhal in flames).

"In the kingdom there were also three knights."

(This page shows a picture of a young Robert and a young Eddard eating breakfast with a younger Jon Arryn).

"The first knight was Sir Robert. He was very loud and liked to run and play."

(This page shows a picture of a young Robert, smashing a dummy to splinters with his war hammer.)

"The second knight was Sir Ned. He was shy but he was also polite and tidy."

(This page shows a picture of a young Eddard reading a book under a tree.)

"The third knight was Sir Jon. Robert's parents were lost at sea, so Sir Jon adopted him."

(This page shows a picture of a younger Jon Arryn holding a falconing eagle.)

"Sir Ned also had a sister named Lyanna. She was very pretty, and she was also very loud and liked to run and play."

(This page shows a picture of Lyanna riding a horse through a meadow, racing against and clearly beating Eddard).

"Ned's friend Robert loved Lyanna, and promised to marry her."

(This picture shows Robert, Eddard, and Lyanna at the tourney of Harrenhal during the early tilts). 

"The Dragon held a party outside of a haunted castle, and everyone in the kingdom was invited.

(This picture shows an overhead view of the Tourney of Harrenhal).

"The Dragon decided he wanted Lyanna for himself, and so he carried her back to his castle on Blackwater Bay." 

(This picture shows a dragon flying into the sunset).

"This made the three knights sad, but they knew they had to be brave."

(This picture shows Robert, Eddard, and Jon Arryn trying on armor).

"Ned got his very best sword ..."

(This picture shows Eddard unseathing Ice).

" ... Robert got his strongest hammer ... "

(This picture shows Robert swinging his warhammer).

" ... and Jon called all of the bravest men and boys in the kingdom and brought them together."

(This picture shows a large amount of Riverland, Vale, and North soldiers gathered around in a mob).

"The Dragon tried sending his friend The Red Griffin to stop them, Ned scared him away. The Red Griffin was so scared, he flew all the way across the sea."

(This picture shows Eddard standing victorious after The Battle of The Bells).

"The Dragon tried sending The Grumpy Old Lion to stop them, but was still mad at The Dragon for stealing his cub. 'I won't help him!' Harumphed The Grumpy Old Lion, 'I'm not leaving my den!'"

(This picture shows Tywin and Cersei looking at a sleeping lion in a pen in Casterly Rock).

"The Dragon tried sending three bullies to stop Robert and Ned. They were called Arthur, Ossie, and Gerry. 'We do whatever the dragon says!' said Ossie."

(This picture shows Oswell Whent, Gerold Hightower, and Arthur Dayne).

"Ned beat up all three of their bullies. He beat them up so much that they ran away and were never seen again."

(This picture shows Eddard standing victorious outside of the showdown at the Tower of Joy).

"Finally they faced The Dragon himself."

(This picture shows Robert and Ned standing outside the walls of Kings Landing).

"They beat up The Dragon, and scared him so much he ran away across the sea."

(This picture shows Eddard and Robert standing victorious in The Red Keep Throneroom).

"They set Lyanna free ... "

(This picture shows Eddard holding Lyanna in his arms at The Tower of Joy).

" ... there was a wedding ... "

(This picture shows the wedding of Robert and Cersei, with Cersei cropped out of the picture so it looks like Robert is saying his vows to Lyanna).

" ... and they were happy."

(This picture shows Robert's Coronation). 

"The End".

• The younger Sand Snakes' playing in the Water Gardens
  • Lyanna Mormont running Bear Island
  • Young Ned and Robert's misadventures in the Vale
  • A less serious version of the Blackwood/Bracken feud
  • A tamer version of the Dunk and Egg tales
  • Something based on the legends like Bran the Builder or Lann the Clever.

Now that I have an infant daughter, I wished there were more family friendly stories based in the world of "A Song of Ice and FIre" that very young children could read. The Ice Dragon is good, but I was hoping for something even simpler...

For example, would anyone be interested if the follow point of view characters got their own childrens' series?

Rickon Stark (He's still an infant/toddler, so he cannot have that many adult storylines yet)

Robb Stark (His campaign in the westerlands may be interesting for younger viewers)

Aegon Targaryen (the supposed son of Rhaegar and Elia, while he was growing up under Griff, and obviously before he hit puberty)

It may be interesting to get a view of "A Song of Ice and Fire" that would be "safe" for young readers, but still occur during the same time as the series, so that when the readers get old enough (or able to get to the library on their own), can see the stories inter-relate with The Winds of Winter, etc...

Just a thought. Anybody have any comments?

PS: Obviously my infant daughter doesn't understand the story of "The Ice Dragon", but when she sees the cover with the young girl riding the Ice Dragon, she just reaches forward to grab the book from my hands...so I hope that means she's interested.

1. Rickon Stark - A Boy and His Wolf. About a lost boy in the wilderness growing up with wolves.
  2. Gendry and Hotpie
  3. Drogon and Dany
  4. Old Nan - Fright Night with Grandma:  Scary Bedtime Stories
  5. Samwell

Archived