What character do you identify most?

Alayne's Shadow.

Considering that a great part of the appeal revolving ASOIAF is it's strong set of characters, be it POV or Non-Pov, which character would you say has the same characteristics/thoughts as yourself and how do you connect with said character? Does he happen to be your favorite character as well? Do you think who your favorite character is says something about you?

Lord Beric Dondarrion

"Can I dwell on what I scarce remember? I held a castle on the Marches once, and there was a woman I was pledged to marry, but I could not find that castle today, nor tell you the color of that woman's hair. Who knighted me, old friend? What were my favorite foods? It all fades. Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest."

To quote Ron Perlman via Fallout, "War. War never changes"

Rodrik Harlaw for life. The idea of him sneaking in some good reading time while on the deck of The Sea Song makes me very happy.

Same here - I can identify the most with him. And he happens to be one of the many characters, I really like.

I'm a brooder and like to believe I hold myself to my principles - mostly - so Jon Snow for me. However id love to be Arya. She's just so adaptable and optimistic, and never really gives in to despair like some others. Plus she's a super ninja faceless assassin. Total girlfriend material. Ahem if she wasn't meant to be like 13. 😁

Samwell Tarly. Out of all the characters in the NW Sam's is the most realistic constantly shared shitless if I'd lived in Westeros I would probably also be scared shitless most of the time. Also Theon and Robb a bit in the aspect of trying to do something good and mucking it up royally.

Rhaegar for sure. I learned how to read at an extremely young age. I learned how to fight around 5 or 6 after being relatively non violent up until then. I got pretty good at it, but don't enjoy it. But if I have to, I do. He appears to be very handsome, very intelligent, well liked, and above all, very able. He is social when he has to be , but also needs time to be alone with his thoughts. He has experienced an enjoyed beautiful women of all different flavors. He wouldn't frequent brothels or pay for sex because he got laid easy enough based on his own merits and looks. He sees the bigger picture when not many others do. The biggest difference between us would be the fact that I don't play any instruments well if at all and I can't sing for shit. That and the fact that I'm not inbred, as far as I know.

Samwell Tarly. Out of all the characters in the NW Sam's is the most realistic constantly shared shitless if I'd lived in Westeros I would probably also be scared shitless most of the time. Also Theon and Robb a bit in the aspect of trying to do something good and mucking it up royally.

Can't believe I forgot Sam

Archived