Let's talk about that rare beast- celebrities that no-one hates.

polishgenius

Colin isn't the Hanks son they're talking about, it's Chet Haze/Hanx who brings the heat on his beloved pops.

Repub. Licans?

Yeah I think if you take strong polticial stances you can't complain if people end up hating on you for it.

Beiber >>>> LeBouf in douchiness

I'll see your Beibster with a Miles Teller and I'll raise you a Kanye.

Well, he's an atheist (actually makes me like him even though I'm not a Harry Potter fan), so I'd imagine plenty of people have a problem with that.

Haha well that makes me like him even more, too. Nice to see he has his head on straight.  :cool4:

Tom does have that reputation, though. It's disappointing because he seems like such a decent guy otherwise. But like I said, it's obvious that he has some serious issues.

But you are right about this particular case. Shia bragged about having pretty much just strolled up and attacked for what seems like no reason at all. Another one with serious issues (probably more, even) and his overall behavior during Lawless is supposed to have been really awful.

Aye, I missed the post about Hardy's behavior on The Revenant. Is there more beyond that? Not that I'm incredulous (it's not exactly shocking, though like you say perhaps disappointing), just curious.

Aye, I missed the post about Hardy's behavior on The Revenant. Is there more beyond that? Not that I'm incredulous (it's not exactly shocking, though like you say perhaps disappointing), just curious.

When you say beyond that, do you mean more details about what happened on The Revenant or just his general shenanigans elsewhere?

When you say beyond that, do you mean more details about what happened on The Revenant or just his general shenanigans elsewhere?

Just in general, as the poster above me stated about how Iñarritu was a jerk himself (which, again, I'd heard mentioned but didn't know any details about...which is also a bit disappointing since I love pretty much all of his movies so far...)

Eh, this is why I'm hesitant about engaging with celebrity gossip stuff. It's not out of some "I'm-too-cool-and-sophisticated-to-care-about-famous-people" sort of thing, because let's be honest, talented and attractive and famous people are kinda fuckininteresting, but just that...most of us still don't know these people at all. What we see is this tiny, granulated fraction of a human being, even in interviews and so forth. So outside of a few cases where someone is just totally outed on being unlikable and unrelatable (Bill Cosby might be a good modern example), it always feels to me like either we love this person because we've seen more good than bad, or we hate this person because we've seen more bad than good. 

Which is absurd, of course, since the natural process of actually "getting to know someone" involves...you know, getting to know them. Seeing the cracks in the facade, and then deciding based on personal judgement if that makes them "good" or "bad" (and, in my personal experience, most folks are pretty goddamn gray, but that's another can of worms). And that shit's already messy in real life, let alone something as weird and abstract as our distant interpretations of people we've never met.

It's a vicious cycle and I'd like to say I'm above it but I'm not because I just spent several minutes of my life thinking and writing about it. So I'm done. 

(sorry "ghost in winterfell", only that first paragraph was directed at you, I just had a mini-rant there)

Just in general, as the poster above me stated about how Iñarritu was a jerk himself (which, again, I'd heard mentioned but didn't know any details about...which is also a bit disappointing since I love pretty much all of his movies so far...)

[snip]

(sorry "ghost in winterfell", only that first paragraph was directed at you, I just had a mini-rant there)

Off the top of my head, I think he was supposed to gotten into with Refn while they were filming Bronson.  So yeah it's a shame.  He's far too talented to be carrying on like that.  But -- like another poster said -- Iñárritu has his own reputation and the word is that the whole shoot was an absolute nightmare for everyone involved, as well as Tom not exactly being the one who was out of line.  There's also some horror stories from crew members floating around on Reddit, I believe.

And I totally get what you're saying.  You never really want to know too much about your faves, do you?

Chevy Chase. Obviously.

cant stand him lmao 

Emily Blunt hasn't received a single comment, proving my point. I'd add: Idris Alba, Martin Freeman and Ewan McGregor. Also Lian Neeson, Paul Bettany and Michael Caine.

Great mentions!!!! except heard martin freeman is a total dick :( that really upset me because i thought he'd be so nice hahahaha. i don't think ive ever heard anyone hate liam neeson, ewan mcgregor or michael caine though and i love paul bettany

Archived