Is Howland Reed the High Septon? I find this crazier than how Ned is awesomely still alive.

Ned the Living

So, I've heard a theory kicked around that Howland Reed is the High Sparrow. I think there's some description that sounds vaguely Reedish like he has green eyes and dirty feet or something. This is not my theory, and I'm not a big fan of it. Does anyone adhere to this belief and can they elucidate?

Ned is tots alive, though.

So, I've heard a theory kicked around that Howland Reed is the High Sparrow. I think there's some description that sounds vaguely Reedish like he has green eyes and dirty feet or something. This is not my theory, and I'm not a big fan of it. Does anyone adhere to this belief and can they elucidate?

Ned is tots alive, though.

No guys, Benjen is totally the High Septon. But when he takes time off, Moon Boy fills in for him.

It is known.

To be fair, I think Eddard alive being is much, much less silly than the Rhaegar = Mance Rayder stuff that I've seen floating around the net. I don't agree with it, but I can admire your stubbornness.

I'm glad I got my password back and returned here. I love how shitty theories are treated here.

I mean obviously Tyrion is actually HS. After all if you replace H with T, and S with L you end up with his initials.

Man, the High Septon thing isn't even mine. The Internet has gotten a lot meaner in the last fifteen years. I used to go to a Wheel of Time forum and people'd have their theories and everyone would calmly and respectfully talk it through, but here it's like everything is ugly like two gnarled, retired whores arguing over the last tube of vaginal salve and they're spitting the blackened bits of their own rotting teeth at each out in spite.

OT:

I wonder, if this thread was titled 'Is R+L=J? I find this crazier than how Ned is awesomely still alive' , then it was gonna be closed?

/OT

You asked for elucidations, you can find them here:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/124850-high-septon-is-howland-reed/?hl=%2Bhowland+%2Breed+%2Bhight+%2Bsepton

Draw your own conclusion with your own head, and enjoy!

Man, the High Septon thing isn't even mine. The Internet has gotten a lot meaner in the last fifteen years. I used to go to a Wheel of Time forum and people'd have their theories and everyone would calmly and respectfully talk it through, but here it's like everything is ugly like two gnarled, retired whores arguing over the last tube of vaginal salve and they're spitting the blackened bits of their own rotting teeth at each out in spite.

The Song of Ice and Fire fandom was like that... Once. Ironically, this theory is one that would only work if your Ned theory was true! After all, with Ned dead Howland Reed can't be in King's Landing, he needs to tell Jon about his parents! So yeah, I guess my main reason for agreeing with you about this theory being wrong, is that I disagree that your other theory is correct...

I would guess one of the reasons why people treat these complete crack pots as they are treated is because they've been presented about over 9000 times in the last few years. It's bound to get tiring to politely refute the same cracked pot again and again.

No. The Reeds worship the Old Gods. Sorry, but, this one doesn't contain any logic.

It has nothing to do with that. The theory is that Howland Reed is more of a sneaky, subversive warrior and he's infiltrating King's Landing and reestablishing the warrior sect of the Sept so he can use their religious fervor as a weapon against Cersei in revenge for Ned.

Archived