On the Sand Snakes

Westeros

I am certain these three lovely actresses are getting all kinds of scripts from Spielberg and Scorcessi, right about now.

The sad thing is for all we know they could be good actors. Even veterans like Indira Varma can't make this work. And this is forever going to be a black spot on their careers.

"For Oberyn!"

As soon as the three of them said that in unison like a cheesy Charlie's Angels scene I knew things were going to go downhill very quickly.

I never really got into Dorne in the books and this is not making it any better.

When I read that I had to laugh...

Yeah Dorne never really lived up to the expectations, in the books not and in TV show even less. Which is kind of sad because I really like the place.

I'm loving the job these young actressses are doing.

They don't write the script or direct the shots so most of the complaints are over stuff

beyond their control.

They look great and the accents are fine with me,

particularly Obara's.

I think the Sand Snakes look great. I'm fine that they changed it so that they all look and sound like Oberyn. I'm disappointed that their fight was so crappy. It looked like Bronn was holding back so as not to hurt them. I'm not sure if it was bad direction or the fault of the actors. I have been hoping they would come off as badass as Arya, Ygritte, and Brienne did in their warrior roles, but they don't. :(

I must admit I have been very tolerant to various book to screen changes on GoT but Sand Snakes feel as a definitive misfire ...

again, just like in case of Talissa/Rob romance the problem is not that they altered the story, but that they altered it in a very awkward manner, at least Talissa had a personality and one did care for her when she died, this three are closest thing the series has to Xena and the like…

somehow it also reminds me of Yarra/Asha-s ark - I have impression that when she announced to sail and retrieve her brother back in Season 3, initially they planned to have a longer more extensive story for her, then it did not work/ they could not fit it into 10 episode season and we ended up with a brief Dreadfort attack that came out of blue and lead to nothing... It would have been much more effective to have her travel slightly longer, maybe accdientaly interact with some "mainland" characters and end the season ark (S3 or S 4) with a reveal of a totally broken Theon...

here too, they hyped the Sand Snakes, hired bunch of actors for Dornish plot - and what? to have this extremely awkward confrontation when everyone, literally everyone in Dorne gathers in a single location, in the royal garden, with prince overlooking the proceedings from the balcony?

"For Oberyn!"

As soon as the three of them said that in unison like a cheesy Charlie's Angels scene I knew things were going to go downhill very quickly.

I never really got into Dorne in the books and this is not making it any better.

Very good analogy. I'm old enough to remember TV in the 70s, and I had definite feelings of deja-vu on Sunday! I just hope Doran imprisons them now, as in the book, and we can see his 'master plan' developed. I'm not holding my breath though.....

As a fan of the books but not a total purist when it comes to the screen versions of the characters I have been quite tolerant of GoT so far but really this last episode was just wrong on so many levels, the Sand Snakes were the panto versions of their book selves, the only thing missing was a cry of "behind you" during the fight.

As a fan of the books but not a total purist when it comes to the screen versions of the characters I have been quite tolerant of GoT so far but really this last episode was just wrong on so many levels, the Sand Snakes were the panto versions of their book selves, the only thing missing was a cry of "behind you" during the fight.

It's not like D&D don't have prior form in creating pantomime villains, though. Think back to the atrocity of Season 3 when the original Daario, Mero and that other one (can't remember his name) first visited Dany. Those scenes were cringingly bad too. We should have known....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived