Lets Talk Kinslaying

Dragon Seed

The other factor, which you haven't raised, is degree of kinship. Killing a parent is probably worse than killing a sibling, but either one is a lot worse than killing a distant cousin.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1162/

No doubt there, but what I am fundementally asking does kinslaying only count if it is immediate family? If Gendry killed Ederic Storm would that be kinslaying? If Gendry killed Shireen would that be kinslaying?(BTW I know Gendry would not hurt any of these characters) When Robert killed Rhaegar Targaryen was that kinslaying?? When Rob executed Karstark was that Kinslaying?

Regarding the comment you made about degree of kinship, The northerners call Theon a kinslayer even though they were not family. Would someone be called a kinslayer if they killed their best friend from childhood?

Nobody cares that Tywin is dead except his monstrous family.

Everybody is probably happy Tyrion killed him the gods probably fogave him because Tywin is the epitome of evil and everybody except the Westermen/evil Boltons/Freys/Lannisters are happy that Tywin is dead.

I doubt anybody is going to hold it against well anybody important.

Take your fan fiction elsewhere

Take your fan fiction elsewhere

How is it fanfiction?

Seriously who cares that Tyrion killed Tywin but a very few people.

Contrary to what Tywin fans think nobody in Westeros except a few(the west can't be counted cause we have no idea on their opinion of Tywin)thinks that Tywin was the savior of Westeros, or care that Tyrion killed him.

It was a humanitarian deed killing the biggest monster in the series.

How is it fanfiction?

Seriously who cares that Tyrion killed Tywin but a very few people.

Contrary to what Tywin fans think nobody in Westeros except a few(the west can't be counted cause we have no idea on their opinion of Tywin)thinks that Tywin was the savior of Westeros, or care that Tyrion killed him.

It was a humanitarian deed killing the biggest monster in the series.

It's not about Tywin being the savior of Westeros. But there is little evidence that most of the realm personally hated him. Feared and respected, perhaps resented.

And the lords of the Westerlands would never accept Tyrion as their liege. Other than the Iron Islands, they were the most loyal region in the war of 5 kings.

I've been trying to rack my brain to figure out how Tyrion could be forgiven and not have that stigma. I'm coming up a bit short, here. (oops)

It’s because Tyrion and Jaime each slew his brother’s father, not his own.

Sure, Tywin was Tyrion’s first cousin once removed, but that is a far less heinous crime per Martin than slaying one’s parent.

Old gods or new, it makes no matter, no man is so accursed as the kinslayer.

Yet for all the kinslayers we see few seem to be accursed by men....and the gods seem to be bothered even less.

Tyrion is charged with treason for killing his king but none really go to town on him for it being his blood nephew.

It seems that the only people who care about the tag of kinslayer are those who wish to kill a relative but do not.

It only seems to matter if you are caught red handed but else wise not do much.

Half the inheriteances seem to be influenced by kinslaying.

Those who have killed a relative seem to continue to progress in society with little or no repercussions other than name calling or whispering behind their back.

Archived